34.

One Week, One Day Later

Despite burying the thought of getting back in a relationship with Von, Asia did the womanly thing, allowing him to be present for the remainder of her pregnancy.

After finding out that she didn't know the gender of the baby due to procrastination, Von made it his business, taking the initiative to plan a small gathering to find out the gender, and the gender reveal was scheduled to be later on in the day at Von's house after the doctor's appointment.

"Hey, Doctor Standberry." Asia smiled as her doctor walked into the room with her assistant.

"Hey, Asia." Doctor Standberry smiled before looking in Von's direction, slightly frowning.

Peeping that her energy towards him wasn't positive like before, Von mugged her before looking at Asia with the same facial expression.

"You the one that lied and went back to the bitch who ruined shit." Asia sarcastically scoffed, ignoring his stare as she looked at the doctor.

He put the hood of his jacket over his head, still staring at her with the usual mug. "I'a explain what happened if you wasn't so stubborn. You the one that won't let me tell you."

"Ion care to know. We ain't together, we only coparents. Anyways, I'm ready Doctor Standberry." She sighed, rubbing her stomach.

"Well, baby boy is definitely healthy and getting the proper amount of nutrients. You are okay to leave and rest at home." Doctor Standberry explained, causing Von and Asia to look at eachother.

"Wait, you just— baby boy?" Asia questioned as she tilted her head to the side, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry, I completely forgot about the plans you had for today." Doctor Standberry apologized, giving Von and Asia a soft expression of guilt.

"It's okay. It is what it is. Have a good day, Doctor Standberry." Asia lowly chuckled, getting up from the examination table.

After leaving the women's clinic, Von and Asia got in the car, driving to his house. The mood had shifted, considering that earlier that day they were excited to finally know the gender of their unborn child, and Asia felt slightly saddened that her doctor accidentally spoiled the surprise.

"What's wrong?" Von asked as he glanced at her before looking at the road again.

"I wanted a girl and she fuckin' ruined it. I don't see the point in still havin' the gender reveal now." She replied, resting her elbow on the side of the door with her head in her hand.

He smiled, looking at her as he stopped at the red light, putting his hand on her belly. "We know the gender, but folks nem don't. The gender reveal can be fa them, Ma."

"True." She nodded her head, lowly chuckling as she felt her move around when Von put his hand on her stomach.

"You fina cry?" He laughed, shaking his head before driving the car when the light turned green. 

"No. Yes. I wanted a girl, Von." She pouted, looking out of the window.

"Well, I got my boy so I'm happy as hell, on King David." He smirked, nodding his head.

"Fuck you." She frowned, slapping his hand off her stomach.

"I don't give no fucks about you bein' mad, fat ass girl." He chuckled, putting his hand back on her stomach.

Two Hours Later

Asia sat at the table with Von as she watched everyone talk amongst themselves, eating food and drinking.