5.

Asia Re'Shontae Allen | February 2, 2019

"Asia? Asia?" Jayda shook Asia as she called her name, getting her attention after she had zoned out during their conversation.

A lot had been on Asia's mind since India informed her pregnancy to her. She was happy for India, but her pregnancy only meant that Asia was back at square one. She had to figure out a way to make more money before India moved in with Durk, and she had to think of solutions quick.

"Yeah, I'm listenin'. Whatchu was sayin'?" Asia asked as she leaned against the bar while Jayda prepped her side.

Jayda looked at her with a frown before she started to chuckle. "Lyin' bitch. I said you should make an Instagram and Twitter."

"Why? What's on social media that I need to see?"

"I'm just sayin' that maybe you should invest some time on social media." Jayda laughed, folding up the towel that was in her hand. "You ain't even know who Lil Baby was, bitch. You lost."

Asia's mouth fell open before she began to laugh, embarrassed that Jayda had probably overheard her conversation with Dominique. "Bitch, no you did not hear that conversation."

"I didn't." Jayda laughed, lifting her body to sit on the bar counter. "I knew you ain't know who he was the first night you met him. You wasn't starstruck or nothin'."

"Even if I did know who he was at that time, my interaction wit' him would've been the same. He a regular ass nigga to me." Asia chuckled, shrugging her shoulders.

Jayda scoffed as she shook her head. "Why do you have to be so mean and aggressive. Soften up or sum."

"Jayda, I was homeless and on the verge of bein' homeless again. What the fuck do y'all expect me to act like?" Asia signed, resting her arms on the bar counter.

Jayda's smile dropped as she jumped off the bar counter. "Wait, what? Oh hell no, you movin' in wit' me, bitch."

Asia waved her off as she laughed. "No ma'am. I'm not livin' wit' nobody else once India give up ha house. I'm too grown to let people treat me like a charity case."

"It's not treatin' you like a charity case, though. It's called bein' a good friend to one of the only bitches that I can trust in this club."

"No, Jayda. Thank you, but I'm standin' on that, okay." Asia replied as she smiled at how nice Jayda was.

Jayda threw her hands up, not in the mood to interfere with Asia's stubborn attitude. "Okay, but if you don't make enough money at this bar to get an apartment or sum before India move in wit' Durk, I suggest you talk to Grandson."

"Talk to Grandson fa what? What the fuck I need to talk to him about?" Asia asked, scrunching her face up.

Jayda released a heavy breath as she hesitated to say what she was thinking. "Don't curse me out, but a raise at this bar ain't happenin' fa an employee that's new wit' a stank attitude like you—"

"Jayda, don't piss me off."

"Let me finish before you start." She laughed as she stood next to Asia. "You might have to get on the pole, A. I know you don't like it, but—"

Asia stepped away from her, getting pissed off. "But what? You must wanna get cursed out?"

"Aight, live out that car that's out thea' then." She said as she pointed at the entrance/exit door.

Asia rolled her eyes as she thought about the problem with that situation as well. She scoffed, walking back to be closer to Jayda. "From the notice that I got yesterday, that car bout to be back at a car lot. I hate that you always right."