chαptєr thírtч-єíght

He should have been dead. 

Despite not having any fatal injuries, his body ached. His head hurt. His heart stung. 

It should have been him, not them. Not his friends, not Taeyeong. Not Hyunjin. 

Just the thought of Hyunjin leaving makes him want to throw up. He couldn’t do it to Seungmin. Hyunjin wouldn’t want it to happen. Hyunjin could never hurt Seungmin or his friends. And Changbin was there too! If anything happened--

“Calm down Sung! Everything…everything is fine. Just rest, please.” He felt a warm hand push him back to a bed. He slowly opened his eyes to see Minho looming over him, eyes swollen and his mouth in a frown. 

“Minho…” Jisung tried to sit up but his body cant. He was exhausted emotionally and physically. 

“Jisung… I don’t want you to feel guilty. None if this is your fault okay?” Minho took his hand, intertwining their fingers. “Some if it is my fault. I was a bit careless, but, we cant blame ourselves forever. Its Lee Sooman. He’s cruel and you don’t deserve what he did to you. What he did to Taeyong, and… what he did to H-hyunjin.” Minho’s voice broke at the end. 

“Taeyong… what happened to him?” Jisung asked, voice rough after hours of not speaking.

“He’s… he’s in a bad shape. They were able to diffuse the bomb in the room but the other exploded before they were able to escape. He’s in the hospital right now and…his face has been severely burned. Jaehyun’s with him ever since…” Jisung felt his breath get stuck in his throat. Taeyong doesn’t deserve it. Sooman is a cruel, cruel man. He was a manipulator who used Taeyong just so he could do his revenge. Its sick and to think that he made so many people suffer just because of Jisung. It should have been him. Not anyone else. 

“And Hyunjin?” there was silence. 

“I’m sorry.” Minho tried to hold back a sob and it was enough for Jisung’s tears to fall. He held back his own sob.  Jisung didn’t say more as they both tried to calm down. Eventually his eyes started to droop and Minho had to go. He didn’t say a word as he watched the other exit the room. 

-

“Minho.” Chan called for his attention. Chan waved at him and gestured them to the living room. Minho followed without any question. 

“I know these past few weeks your relationship with him has been a little rocky. Between being kidnapped…and receiving photographs of him and Taeyong… I feel like I should make it clear with you.” Minho flinched. He didn’t expect that it was Chan, of all people, to talk to him about it. 

“You know something was between him and Taeyong right?” Silence. 

“Were you the one to send the photos?” Minho asked. Chan, looking a bit guilty, nodded.

“I feel like a shit friend for doing that to Jisung but…I also think you deserve to know. He was an asshole for doing that and I too, was crossing boundaries, taking pictures of him like that. But…I believe it’d be better if you knew. I just want to ask you one thing though…and that is to give him a chance.” Chan took Minho’s hand in his. “He was having a hard time, and he was not thinking straight. I am not forcing you to come back to him… but just give him time.”

“I had a hard time believing those photos are real.” Minho said. “You’re asking a lot from me right now but I don’t think you need to do it. And besides, Jisung and I aren’t a couple. He can do whatever he wants.” Minho took his hand from Chan and gave him a small smile.