CHAPTER 28

THIRD PERSON POV

Meanwhile the imperial girls are somewhat surprised by what happened a few moments ago.

Shiratsuyu: What's going to happen now?

Kagerou: Hmmm, the situation is very difficult.

Isuzu: (Hugging Nagara) I'm scared...

Nagara: (Calming her little sister) Fine, fine, everything will be fine.

In that Shiratsuyu greets her sister Shigure.

Shiratsuyu: Good thing they're okay.

Shigure: so? What's going on?

Shiratsuyu: That's the same thing I want to ask, it's like we've seen a simple illusion.

Meanwhile Ayanami looks at the sky where there is a dimensional fault and she has many questions that she will never be able to answer.

On the other hand, out of the visual range of the other girls, the highest-ranking girls of the empire look terrified at Kaga's unconscious body and her fatal injuries all over her body and Akagi unconscious.

Shokaku: What the hell happened to Kaga?

Fusou: They were ambushed by high rank siren and Kaga was shielding Akagi, I don't know if Kaga will make it.

At that time Yuubari is analyzing Kaga's body while she treats her wounds to prevent bleeding.

Yuubari: I can arrange for her to get to the base and admit her to the hospital, but there's a high chance that she'll be saved from it, but...

Soryuu: But?

Yuubari: She may never use her gear again.

The girls were saddened by the revelation, Kaga is someone promising and although she already has the years of her service, she is still young for this job.

Shokaku: Shall we retreat?

In that they all look in the direction of Soryuu, she is the highest ranked officer right now due to Akagi and Kaga being incapacitated.

Soryuu: You are right, we are retreating, the fleet is complete and I see no reason to stay longer, we are currently at a disadvantage due to our mass production ships not responding to us and this area is too unstable and dangerous, it is better to move to the base at this time.

The girls nod at Soryuu's order, but at that moment they see Kitty's F-35C plane flying over the fleet at low altitudes.

Soryuu: Looks like they won't let us go easily.

Meanwhile Belfast, Javelin and Laffey are sailing back to the fleet, but there is a very awkward silence.

Belfast: Are you worried about that girl from the Sakura empire?

Javelin: Did you hear everything?

Belfast: Indeed. I apologize for not acting quickly to help you, I had to assess the situation you were in.

Javelin: Aren't you upset?

Belfast: Excuse me?

Javelin: Ayanami is our enemy, but we don't want to fight against her, but I don't know what I can do.

Belfast: You should keep thinking about that.

Javelin: Huh?

Belfast: Keep thinking, we can't let situations keep making our decisions for us, our powers are not to be taken lightly. We were created to fight, not to destroy.