CHAPTER 36

THIRD PERSON POV

Meanwhile on the other side of the ocean, the Red Axis fleet sails to catch up with the Orochi fleet.

On the other hand, Z1 makes fun of Eugen because she couldn't commit her plan.

Z1: Hahahaha, you sure didn't see that coming, did you?

Eugen: You're right, who would have expected Akagi to choose such an aggressive approach.

Hipper: Are the siren behind this too?

Z23: Was Akagi really with the sirens?

Hipper: It's pretty pathetic how the Sakura Empire didn't realize they had a mole inside of them.

Eugen: Are you sure it's just the empire?

Hipper: Huh?

Eugen: Maybe even in our country... or maybe there is siren influence in all countries.

Z1: What do you think?

Eugen: Nothing, it's better to think about it later since we don't have time, if we survive we'll have all the time in the world to solve it.

Hipper: Hey.

Meanwhile in the empire fleet the girls were looking concerned at Kaga who was leading the fleet, she wears her combat uniform, but her kitsune features are not present as she has her inactive mental cube.

Takao: Are you sure about this?

Kaga: We talked about this before, I'm going to go, even if they get in my way, I broke a friend's promise so this battle is very personal for me.

Zuikaku: Kaga-sempai.

Kaga: (Sarcastic tone) Zuikaku, maybe in a few days I won't be your sempai anymore, due to my state I'm thinking of resigning.

Zuikaku: Kaga...

Kaga: Why the sad face?  It was a somewhat cruel fate, but one that I will gladly embrace, it may be a new beginning for me.

Zuikaku: In that case I don't think your life will be shortened, I will fight for you.

Kaga: Zuikaku, as a superior officer I order you not to interfere between me and my stepsister, my duty is to admonish Akagi personally.

The girls are shocked by Kaga's words.

Shokaku: Could you tell me why you insist on wanting to go to battle even though you can't fight?

Kaga: It's a promise, I promised a very special person to me, on her deathbed her last words were to take care of Akagi and if she went astray to straighten her out, from that moment on I tried to raise Akagi , but I suppose that because of my work and my duties I have failed in some way, that's why I have to go, (Sad tone) If she really is with the enemy... with the deepest pain of my being I will have to condemn her capital and end her life, but if she can be saved I will try to save her.

The girls are surprised by Kaga's motivation.

Kaga: I'm going to walk over there, I need time alone to process all of this.

The girls parted and Kaga walks to the other side of the ship, then she sits on the ground and from the sleeve of her shirt she takes out a normal mental cube and she remembers before starting the raid.

Kaga quickly attended the imperial palace.

Kaga: Nagato!

Nagato: What's up Kaga?  No need to yell.

Kaga: Orochi has been deployed and Akagi has activated it.

Nagato: You don't need to tell me, I already saw it, I'm waiting for my advisors for an emergency meeting, I'll send the Soryuu fleet and Shokaku to stop the Orochi fleet.