The Ball

Written by: Athena Guarda

*Chapter Cover by:
•Althea Nicole Policarpio
•Amulet Ember Eubank

[Edited]

August 11, 1886. 8:43 pm. It is currently bed time in Lunamyndz. Francis is at his room, laying down and cannot sleep. He decided to get a glass of water. He drank water and felt like something was off. He ignores it and when he was about to go to bed...Catherine was behind him.

*Catherine: Good Evening, Francis. Why are you up?

*Francis: Well, I felt off and can't sleep, I am sorry. I forgot that I have early duty tomorrow.

*Catherine: You should... But, I also felt off. I am worried about my husband; I can't sleep without him.

*Francis: You've slept without him a couple of times before, haven't you?

Catherine's eyes are locked on Francis', giving the look "Ouch! I'm offended." Francis easily catched up to what she was signaling.

"I'm so sorry! I must've, uhh.." Francis said nervously.

"Offended me? Am I right?"
Catherine replied. Then she smiles as she spoke,

"It's okay, [laughs]. Now, go on- sleep. It's 8:48 pm. We don't want to have a bad name if we don't pray for the astronauts. It's tradition, remember?"

"That is true." Francis replied to Catherine's question.

"Okay now, let's go to our rooms and sleep." Catherine said.

The next day: August 12, 1886- 6:36 am. Francis and Catherine were en route to a local church to pray for the astonauts' safety- it was a law created by the country's president, David Jane Kennedy. Also, if people of the country do not pray for the astronauts the day after their take off, they'll get a bad sobriquet like "Heartless" or others. They will also serve 2 weeks sentence in jail. That's too harsh- And plus, even if it's not your relative or friend, you still need to pray for them.

They stepped inside the church and saw a lot of people.

*Francis: When did it get this crowded? Last mission, it wasn't this many people.

*Catherine: William, his sister served 5 years in jail because she didn't pray for the past 10 missions. Even if it. William's a nobleman, with many family members as well, I know some of them here.

Meanwhile...

*William: It's been a day, I bet they are praying for us now.

*Louis: We've been on the moon, now we are circling around the gibbous moon.

*Jennifer: I miss my dog, Michael.

*FC Stephen: Well, you're going on the moon again. Ready your gear, we're here.

*Louis: Wait- we've landed again?

*William: You didn't realized?

*FC Albert: Louis, remember; you have 1/4th left in your oxygen tank. Please don't stay for that long, I don't want my sister to kill me.

*Louis: I will.

It was snack time for Francis and Catherine. Francis was again "forced" to eat with Catherine. Because it is time for the ball in an hour. They dresses up and went to the ball.

At the entrance, they we're greeted by Rosa.

*Rosa: Cathy! How are you? It's been a while. I heard your husband went on a mission.

*Catherine: You're right, my friend. I'm fine these days, I'm just missing Louis.

*Rosa: Of course, you'll miss your husband, I always feel that.

*Francis: Condolences, for your deceased husband.

*Rosa: Thank you for your kind words. With all do respect, who is this man?

*Francis: I am Francis A. Arthur, a 26 year old. Working at the Rayne Residences as the couples's butler and Lady Catherine's temporary escort.

*Catherine: You heard him.

*Rosa: Okay! Welcome, Francis.

When they entered, They were greeted by other friends.

*Friend 1: Catherine! Have you heard of the rumours?

*Catherine: What do you mean?

*Friend 2: Haven't you heard?

*Catherine: I haven't. What is it?

*Friend 1: Wait, who's that man behind you, Catherine?

*Friend 2: Hello, what's your name?
*Francis: Francis A. Arthur. Lady Catherine's temporary escort.

*Friend 1: Do you like someone by any chance?

*Francis: May we continue with the rumour?

*Catherine: He isn't comfortable talking about his status.

*Friend 2: Let's just continue, shall we?

*Friend 1: Fine.

*Friend 2: Do you hear someone called "The Lady of Waxing Red"?

*Catherine: Well, no.

*Friend 2: She has a tri-coloured cat that people say the cat stalks people she wants to kill. No detective can't find her name or any other information.

*Francis: Dasha Jasmine Roselle 6th.

They were shocked and
"friend 1" instantly said,
"Is that her name?!"

*Catherine: We need to go... Farewell.

Catherine pushed Francis away to a private place with only a little people and said:
"Dasha? She sounds familiar. Isn't she the murderer you used to date?"

*Francis: Yes.
Francis rolled his eyes looking away from Catherine.

*Catherine: She's the commoner that secretly murders infants and students, right?

*Francis: I don't care about her anymore. She has another fiancée, let's just forget about it.

"DJR6, " said William, "What is that?"

*Louis: I don't- My sensor is beeping, I'm losing gas in one (1) minute. I'm entering back in the space ship.

As he walks, Jennifer shouted "It'll take 1 minutes and 58 seconds just to walk back."

"At least I can get a few metres there." Louis said.

"Idiot." William whispered and ran to him (Runs slowly because he is on the moon, obviously). And then, Louis stopped walking and his oxygen has a hole. There was no hole earlier, right?

-

[Future Athena here... I just wanted to say that this is my first ever work and collaboration in Wattpad. But if you can see, it stops getting cringe... I guess? Just do not mind. I was eleven when I published this. (Literally five months ago 😭)]