Circus

*Written by: Vito Ezio Manigo

---> [Part 3: Circus]

[Edited]

---> It is currently September 2, 1886, 11:13 A.M. Margaret and Alice just arrived at the palace from the art festival.

*Alice: Stephen… Where is Evelyn? She is not at the art festival outside.

*Margaret: Yeah, where is she? I hear people questioning each other because she is never late.

*Stephen: That’s the thing. We still haven’t found her; we are still discussing what to do.

---> Phoebe was listening to their conversations. It made her more and more nervous. Her best friend went missing and you don’t know where they are, who wouldn’t be worried?

*Phoebe: Hey Stephen, you mentioned she might be in the valley… right?

*Stephen: Yes, she is the Maler after all…

*Francis: We should wake up the siblings so they can come with us. Stephen, you wake them up!

*Stephen: No need to shout.

*Francis: Just wake them up already!

*Stephen: Alright, alright fine.

---> Stephen went to the siblings’ room and woke them up, the two were shocked with the news.

*Albert: Is this a joke? This isn’t funny haha…

*Stephen: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S A JOKE?! EVELYN, THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS MISSING.

---> Sheesh, Stephen went all anger mode...

*Catherine: then we must get going, any idea where she is?

*Stephen: I’ll explain on the way. We need to go as soon as possible before the people in the art festival get suspicious.

---> The three of them exit the room and goes back to the lobby of the palace.

*Francis: Margaret can I have the Jade the Maler gave you?

*Margaret: No! The Maler said I should keep it…

---> Alice convinces Margaret to give the Jade to Francis. He also says that she and Alice should stay because all of them wouldn’t fit in Albert’s carriage.

---> After that was settled the 5 of them including Phoebe got on the carriage and Albert started driving.
While on the carriage Catherine started to ask about Evelyn.

*Catherine: Stephen, you said you would explain about the situation….

*Stephen: Of course, Evelyn is missing.

*Catherine: Yes… I know that, more about the disappearance..?

*Stephen: Phoebe said that she left 8:00 Am in the morning. Evelyn was with a guard and she said that Phoebe should not come with her.

*Francis: Didn't I said that she left before 8 A.M?

*Stephen: Shut up, you didn't say anything.

*Catherine: Continue…

*Stephen: Phoebe came to the palace at 10:42 A.M but the Art Festival exactly starts at what time was it?

*Phoebe: 10 o’clock.

*Stephen: Yes, 10 o’clock.

*Catherine: I see, I see. By the way do you have any snacks I haven’t eaten breakfast yet.

*Stephen: Here, have a baguette.

*Catherine: Thanks! Where did you get it? There are no bakeries at the Klisi Citadel…

*Stephen: Got it from a friend.

---> While Catherine continued to eat and talk about the disappearance of Evelyn, they finally arrived at the Valley, it was 11: 48 A.M.

*Albert: We have arrived at the valley folks!

*Francis: Where should we start looking?

*Stephen: The place where we last met the Maler, and if you see anything strange… Inform me.

---> When they got out the carriage, they started walking in to the last known location of Evelyn. And indeed, they saw a strange thing… A tent of somehow, It looked like a circus tent. The 5 of them went in the tent and begun looking around, after a few minutes Francis saw something…

*Francis: Stephen and everyone else! You might want to take a look at this.

---> Everybody went to Francis and started to look around not seeing anything until Francis pointed it out… Everyone was shocked, Flabbergasted I may say. It was… Evelyn!?

---> Evelyn was on the ceiling, a rope tied around her neck. It seems like that she was hanged!?All of the are surprised. Phoebe was the first to cry. Of course, her best friend died, who wouldn't cry? Stephen was on the verge of tears; he was trying to stop it because he was trying to be strong. But in the end, he shed a few tears.

*Francis: How do we say this to her mother? She is the queen and her daughter possibly died.

*Catherine: Silence. We need a moment of peace to grief about the princess.

---> Catherine looks at Stephen in front of him, closing his fist in anger while he was looking above. Who would do such a horrible thing?

_____

---> Meanwhile Dasha and Kevin is staying in a inn. In Senimynd, not in the Klisi Citadel but just in a random inn inside Senimynd. They were talking about something... About a circus.

*Kevin: And who set up the circus?

*Dasha: It's been there since 1826. By the last name Daya.

*Kevin: Ohh...

*Dasha: Do you think they found out yet?

*Kevin: I think so. Too bad I wasn't there to see Phoebe and Stephen's reactions. It must be devastating for them.

---> Then, a knock was heard on their door.

"May I open the door, Mrs. Fredson?"

"You may..." Dasha replied to the man behind the door.

---> When it opened... It was Sandro. Yes, he's the friend of Viola, but I thought he doesn't want to work for them anymore?

*Sandro: Mr and Mrs Fredson. I have news that will make your day better.

*Dasha: And how are you so sure?

*Kevin: Don't answer that question, Sandro. Tell us the news.

*Sandro: Welp, Evelyn Sage Seni is dead.

*Dasha: Thank you. That surely did made my day better.

*Sandro: Oh and... Jane Salieri died.

*Dasha: Wait, really?

*Sandro: Yes.

*Dasha: I told you to kill her was a joke...

*Sandro: Uhh... What!?

*Dasha: It's okay. How'd you kill her?

*Sandro: She died by a heart attack.

*Dasha: Oh, you didn't kill her.

*Sandro: I heard that her husband drank a lot of alcohol and stole her body from the mortuary and strangled himself.

*Dasha: Ah. Well, now... We go to the next plan, thanks for the last one being successful.

_____

(To be continued)

---> Sorry for killing another one 😭