Job Interview

*Written by: Athena Guarda

[Part 3]

[Edited]

---> Her parents and grandparents are there. I enter their house given by Synolomynd's government. When we enter, we were greeted by her mother while his father seems agree.

*Jocelyn (Mother): Welcome!! I am Jocelyn Liezel Desdemona, Jane's mother, and this is my husband, Nathaniel Leopold Desdemona.

---> Jane also told me that his father's nickname is Nathan, coming from the name Nathaniel. She said that because his father was a soldier that retired days before the war in Grafomynd. He goes by the alias Nathan when going to war.

---> To be honest, he looks scary. He is taller than me by 6 inches, and listen- I was exactly 6 foot that time! Well, now I am 6'4" but he's taller by 2 inches. He was quite muscular but I can tell that he has looks. He kept a straight face for the whole day.

*Jane: Mother, father... This is the voluntary conductor for the inn's ensemble.

----> Fun fact; that part was the first time I ever knew what the building was. I never got to ask it. It was an inn. They let me sit with Jane beside me and her parents in front.

*Jocelyn: Okay then, let's start?

*Augustus: Alright...

*Jocelyn: What's your name and where did you study?

*Augustus: My name is Augustus Edgar Salieri. I am currently studying and about to graduate at Synolomynd National Music University.

*Jocelyn: Okay... So you're not an adult yet.

*Augustus: Yes. Do we have a problem with that?

---> Don't worry... I said it in a polite way.

"I don't like him..." Nathaniel, her father, said.

*Jocelyn: Well, why?

*Nathaniel: He seems close to Jane.

*Jane: And why does that concern you, father?

*Nathaniel: Are you doing this for Jane or for yourself?

*Augustus: Well, both?

*Nathaniel: Be sure.

*Augustus: Both.

*Jocelyn: Okay, let's change the topic shall we? Let me start; Did you know, Jane keeps talking about you about how attractive you looked.

*Augustus: Did she?

---> My eyes widen and started nodding while I spoke my answer. I sounded sarcastically curious. I looked at Jane for a while as she looks down, probably embarrassed.

*Jane: Well... Uhm-

---> Jane stutters as I smile. Her father seem to notice and question me in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Do you find my daughter attractive?"
Nathaniel asks me.

"What an interesting question." I replied, "What if I do? Will you kill me because of it, good sir?"

---> Looks like I made him angry.
Jane looks at me confused while my confidence is overtaking me whilst I stare at his father. I'm dead, aren't I? Good thing, Ms. Jocelyn is there.

"Okay, okay... Let's stop shall we? Augustus, dear; you're hired. Nothing is changing that, right?" Her mother said worrily judging by her tone. But, on the other hand, I'm hired. What a surprise??

"Thank you, Mrs. Desdemona. But may I date your daughter?" I said that confidently while Jane's jaw dropped.

"As long as you're good to her, I guess?" Jocelyn replied. This kind of made Nathaniel more furious.

*Nathaniel: No. I will not give my precious daughter to a disrespectful man.

*Augustus: So?

*Nathaniel: Leave! Now!

*Jane: Father, that's a bit disrespectful...

*Nathaniel: He disrespected me first.

*Augustus: I'm not taking "No" for an answer. A matter of fact, I will not leave until you say "Yes".

---> I was confident, I had little feelings for Jane but not fully. If I get to spend more time with her, I will fully love her. Which happened.
We've been staring at eachother in akward silence for about half an hour and he finally gave an answer.

"Fine. As long as Jane agrees and if you hurt her, physical or mental. You'll be seeing the heaven."

*Augustus: So, does Jane agree?

*Jane: Well, it seems all too sudden, why not? I love him. So why not?

---> I left after that, I could say that time was the best time of my life. Despite my parents never got to meet her because they died when I was 9 and my grandfather only takes care of me. He pays for my student debt and I hate it. He doesn't have to do that but he insisted, no matter how hard I tell him not to. Jane's folks are like mine now because we are now together. Then a few years, Nathaniel accepted me and I proposed to Jane. We got married in a Catholic church when she was 19.
A happy ending that turned to death...

_____

(To be continued 💞)