Hanged / Experimental

*Written by: Athena Guarda

{-}= Author's note

[ Part 4: Hanged ]

----> She was like no other woman. She was dependable and trustworthy. Even if I only have little feelings, I knew she'll be the one staying in my black heart.
_______

---> Here I am. Drinking in our bedroom. I feel drunk... Am I drunk?
I feel like I need to do something. I'll go outside.
___

----> Another day without mother... As her only child, it breaks my soul and shatters it. My name, Colby is just a nickname came from my great grandfather's name. Colby Allan Desdemona... But if I was a girl, mother said my name will be Grace.
My real name is Cole. It used to be Cole Bryce but father had it removed because he doesn't like it. Anyways, I am currently practicing the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E minor. Mother's favorite. The last time I checked on my father, he was asleep in his bed. There will be an alarm ringing to know if any guests in the inn needs me for help.

---> Wait a minute, I think there is someone outside the entrance door.
It seems like a post man. I'll speak to him...

*Colby: Hello, sir. How may I help you?

*Post man: Well, this is a letter from Synolomynd Emergency and Medical Hospital. It's for the Salieri family.

*Colby: Oh, I'm one of the members of that family. Here is 10 tónous... Thank you and have a great day.

[ (singular)Proforás / Tónous (plural) — the currency in Synolomynd. 1 proforá is equivalent to 54.9 astras. ]

---> Let me read the contents of the telegram. I mean, I have authorization to do so, it says Salieri family, not just my father.

"Greetings,
    - We need to inform you that Ms. Jane Mayfield Desdemona Salieri's deceased body has been stolen in the mortuary last night. We've sent a detective to trace prints of who stolen the body.

— Synolomynd Emergency and Medical Hospital."

---> Mother's body has been stolen?! This is utterly disrespectful to the dead. I have to report this to father.
_____

---> Colby runs to Augustus' room and saw something heartbreaking.
It was Augustus in bed... That doesn't seem to much, right. But Jane was beside him, he was hugging Jane whilst his neck has been tied to a rope connected to the bed's headboard.

---> Alas, the couple is now "possibly" in a better place. But how about their son? Will he be alright?

"What happened here?" Colby asked himself as his eyes started to cry once again, "Is my father dead? He shouldn't be! It can't be..." And once again, he fell down to his knees and startes wailing out loud. This attracted some guests and decided to investigate what is going on...

{Author's note: In the present time today, around 2023. Lemony Snicket, an author and published many children books. Lemony Snicket once said in one of his books, when a person dies and if they're possibly close to you, there is this one thing that might cross your mind, "It can't be". For example, "It can't be that such a poor soul just died.." or "It can't be that their gone now..." That's possibly one of those things that will cross your mind. It can't be...}

"Is everything alright?" Said the guest...

"Do you think!? My parents are dead!" Colby shouted to the guest. That seems unusual? Even if he's angry, he always give respect. Turns out, it's probably gone.

"I apologize..." The guest replied to Colby calmly. The guest also suggest to inform the nearest police office. Which it did.

------

[ Part 4: Experimental ]
---> An hour later, Colby's at the hospital because they sent him to fufill their request.

*Colby: What do you need, doctor?

*Doctor: I'm a forensic pathologist and scientist... I want you to fufill a request if you like.

*Colby: And what is it?

*Doctor: May we perform experiments on your parents?

*Colby: No. "No" is my answer.

*Doctor: Why not?

*Colby: Why do it if their dead? And their deceased... Let their body rest well. You may not have my permission.

*Doctor: But why not? I mean, it could be good.

*Colby: No. You can't force me to say what you want me to say.
_________