Danse Macabre

•Written by: Vito Manigo

(Desdemona Inn, Synolomynd)

----> Tonight, Colby (Desdemona Salieri) is going to play Camille Saint-Saëns' "Danse Macabre" or "Dance of Death" in English language. He will be the soloist performing in the inn of entertainment room number 15. while his father, Augustus (Edgar Salieri) as the performance's conductor.

----> 10 hours before the performance, Augustus wrote a letter for Catherine and the others to go to Colby's concert. 6 hours being in the office, and 4 hours until it reaches Senimynd.

(Nobility District)

----> After Sandro telling them the exact location of the replica, a mailman arrived at the gates of the Klisi Citadel.

*Mailman/Postman: Do you know someone named
Catherine James Rayne?

*Guard 1: Yes, they just have entered the citadel... And who might you be?

*Mailman: I am a mailman from Andante Village, Synolomynd Post Office. This is a telegram for her.

*Guard 2: Alright then, I'll make sure to give it to her. May you give it to me?

--> (The mailman magically knows where they are.)

----> Guard 2 finds Catherine in a restraurant along with the others. They seem to be talking about something... He enters and went to Catherine.

*Catherine: Oh, hello sir. What seems to be the problem?

*Guard 2: The mailman said that you have a telegram from someone.

*Catherine: Thank you?

----> The guard left the restraurant.
Catherine also read it aloud for the 3 can here.

*Catherine:

"Lady Catherine,
-  Will you come to Colby's concert later tonight? He wants you to attend to his concert; Danse Macabre is what he'll be playing, requested by Camille Saint-Saëns himself. Even though it already premiered, we can't miss this chance to grabbing Saint-Saëns' attention. You will have VIP access into meeting him but for only about an hour.

-    Entertainment room 15, Desdemona Inn, Andante Village, Prestomyndz, Synolomynd. September 1, 1886

- — Augustus Edgar Salieri"

"Even though I really want to meet Saint-Saëns, no one can take care of Margaret."

---> Catherine added.

*Stephen: I agree with the grandma.

*Catherine: STEPHEN!

*Stephen: Relax! I also need to be here because we are going to visit the grand princess. It'll be akward that she'll make people enter her palace and not knowing you fully, right?

*Catherine: True.

*Margaret: I'll stay here, the food here is delicous!

*Albert: Then I'll go. You're not going outside the citadel at that time, will you?

*Stephen: No, I guess?

*Albert: I will be back after the concert, probably at night or possibly midnight. I'll go now.

*Catherine: Okay. Safe travels, brother!

----> Albert travels to the inn, taking him around 3 hours. After he had arrived, he was welcomed by Augustus.

*Augustus: Good day, Albert. Glad you made it... Where are the others?

*Albert: They were busy. I was the only one who can attend.

*Augustus: I understand.

*Albert: How is little Colby and Mrs. Salieri?

*Augustus: Colby is fine but Jane on the other hand was acting a bit strange lately... She looks very tired; I asked if she was, and if she was; I'll let her take a rest but she says she's fine.

*Albert: Oh, alright then. I hope she really is. But anyways, I need to get a room but I won't be staying here for the night.

*Augustus: I understand, well then. You'll go to room 4.

----> Albert gets a room from the lobby operated by Mrs. Salieri. He also notices how tired she looks but doesn't mind and'll take a nap. Then it is now 6 pm, he woke up around 5:33 pm. He was a tad late but he was able to arrive at the orchestra pit.

----> Colby and Augustus with the rest of the orchestra arrived at the room an hour before the concert begins, the string section was there including Colby as the lead violinist.  The percussion section there were also other instruments such as a piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, two clarinets, two bassoons, four horns, two trumpets, three trombones, and a tuba. Including the conductor Colby’s father Augustus. They were half-way through the piece. But the starting goes like this;
----> It starts with 12 strokes on the harp with faint sounds of violin then Colby starts playing his violin for a few second. Then the sound of the flute starts playing. After a few seconds violins follow the sound of the flute when Colby starts to solo again.

----> As the music goes on, numerous instruments were used in the orchestra. Meanwhile outside the entertainment room Jane seems keep touching her chest, where her heart is; until it all suddenly happens Jane drops to the floor holding her chest.
Then, a couple passing by spots her on the floor, rattled and shocked. They called an ambulance and a team of paramedics starts doing CPR on her and starts using a defibrillator to jumpstart the heartbeat of Jane. They did this for 7 minutes straight until it was no use, Jane was officially dead.

----> The concert finally ends and the whole audience were clapping the orchestra bowed. The audience left the room, the orchestra were the last ones to leave the room after fixing their instruments and their scores.

----> They left the room and saw a crowd that seems to be surrounding sonething in the lobby. The orchestra seems confused. Colby and Augustus went to the center of what seems to be the commotion... They saw Jane on the floor with the team paramedics.

*Colby: What happened to mother?

--> Colby asks one of the paramedics beside her. But they seem to be silent. Augustus shouted in anger because of this; "EXPLAIN!?", he said.

*Paramedic: She died, sir. She died possibly because of a heart attack. I'm sorry for your loss. She was too young to die.

----> They were both shocked. Colby being her child breaking down into tears on his knees holding his mother's hand while Augustus just stands there looking down in silence.
Albert has been hearing all of the commotion, decides to go to the main lobby and see what was causing it. When he had seen the reason, he was shocked. They were all flabbergasted in what have happened to a poor woman about the age of 29 dying... And an additional fact; it was Colby's birthday.

*Albert: I'm sorry for your loss.

---> But Augustus is just standing there not answering. Albert left the inn feeling depressed on the way back.
__________

(To be continued)

---> Rest in Peace for Mrs. Salieri 🥺

----> Don't hate us, please... For killing a child's mother.

Happy Birthday, Catherine!!!
(July 9th)