Disturbing Sound

*Written by: Alyanna Adrados

----> Stephen and Evelyn reads his father's book for quite some time. They have been reading since 2:14 am 'til 3:06 am, Evelyn said to him;

*Evelyn: Hey, Stephen... It is getting quite late, you should go back and sleep.

*Stephen: Now that you're telling me that, I am getting pretty exhausted. You should get some rest as well.

*Evelyn: Okay then. Sweet dreams, Stephen.

*Stephen: Sweet dreams to you too.

---> After Stephen and Evelyn bid their farewells to each other to get some rest, Stephen walked through the corridors and suddenly heard something... A loud bang, was it?
- Stephen turned around in shock and worry. He was startled and a bit afraid because he is alone.

"What was that!?" Stephen said to himself.

---> After Stephen calmed down, he investigated what that sound was in case if there wasn't an intruder in the palace.

"I guess I'll investigate for a bit then I'll go back to rest." Stephen said in his point of view.

---> Stephen then searched where the sound came from and he found something. It was a branch that broke in half. He thought to himself;

"Was someone lurking here? Maybe the guards caused that sound or one of them stepped on the branch. I mean it is possible, the sound echoed. You know what, I'll go back to sleep."

----> Stephen went back to the room that Evelyn made her servants prepared for him and his friends. He went inside and tucked himself to bed. Even though he was tired, he cannot sleep because of the disturbing sound he heard back then.

"Why can't fall asleep? " Stephen thought to himself, "I am already tired but I am not able to sleep."

---> Stephen sighed and got up from bed and poured water to a glass to drink and was prepared for him when he was assigned to his room. After he drank some water, he went back to bed and finally slept. I think the glass of water was the trick.

The Next Day:

----> It was morning, Stephen grabbed a glass and drank water once again. After that, he went to a bathroom to freshen up himself.
Once he was done, he went down to get some breakfast; but before that, he tries Evelyn on the way down stairs but could not find her. He thought she went somewhere or she vanished into thin air. While searching for quite some time, he met Francis in the dining area.

*Stephen: Morning, Francis.

*Francis: Good morning, narcissist.

*Stephen: Catherine told you, huh.

*Francis: Every detail.

*Stephen: I mean, I am quite good looking.

*Francis: Oh, just stuff food in your mouth and stop talking.

*Stephen: Relax. How's Margaret?

*Francis: She and Alice went out to buy ice cream.

*Stephen: Ah. Not surprising. By the way what is the food?

*Francis: Well, we have pancakes, eggs, and bacons, and for beverages, we have tea.

*Stephen: Okay. Oh, uh.. Francis.

*Francis: Yes?

*Stephen: Do you know where Evelyn is?

*Francis: I think I saw her went out with a guard.

*Stephen: Oh, okay.

---> Stephen grabbed breakfast and ate. A few moments later, he asked Francis something once again.

*Stephen: Francis.

*Francis: What?

*Stephen: I'll just walk around outside.

*Francis: Okay, I'll tell Evelyn when she gets back if you're not here yet.

*Stephen: Okay then. See you later.

_____

(To be continued 💞)