Torments Life / A Child's Drawing

Written by: Athena Guarda & Vito Manigo

-- September 27, 1881 -- 9 am

(Astromynd Catholic Church)

* (Francis Narrarating):
Since Alice and I discussed to our families that we don't want our marriage to be public and wait for the right time to reveal it to friends and to the press, the families are the only one who attended their wedding.
------> (10 am) After wedding, Francis and Alice went to a café and it was for only them two. When they arrived, they ordered cookies and hot chocolates. When they got their order, they sat down inside the café near the windows... Francis had something to say.

*Francis: I have something to say...

*Alice: And what is it?

*Francis: Well... I- uhm.

*Alice: If you're not comfortable enough, I under-

*Francis: I love you, Alice...

----> Alice's eyes sparkled in joy and was shocked.

*Francis: You were right, love can manipulate you...

*Alice: I love you too, Francis!
_____________

----- Desdemona Inn---- 10:15 pm (1886, August 27)
-> Catherine and Francis' room.

*Stephen: I never knew you had such a heart.

*Francis: Oh shut up for once!

*Catherine: How does she looks like though?

*Francis: She's about 5'5"-

*Stephen: And wait... How tall are you?

*Francis: 6'3"?

*Stephen: Ha! I'm taller!

*Catherine: Not everything's a competition, and you boys are being too loud. Continue Francis.

*Francis: She's 5'5", blonde hair, blue doe eyes... Honestly, she's gorgeous.

*Stephen: You're just saying that because she's your wife.

*Francis: Well isn't that obvious? Anyways, I got to go visit them.

*Catherine: Okay, be safe!

----> Francis left the room.

*Stephen: Okay, to be honest, he's the last person I'd expect to have a wife with that face.

*Catherine: I mean, he does look handsome, but no~ He's kind of okay?

*Stephen: Ouch for Francis.

*Catherine: You know what! Get out of my room and sleep.

*Stephen: Okay! You need to calm down!
__________
- The next day. (8 am)

----> Catherine woke up and found Francis sleeping in his bed and saw something on a night stand that seperates their beds... It was a drawing. Catherine picked it up and it was no ordinary drawing, it was a drawing of a toddler, it looks like it was from Francis' child. She smiled and put it back. Then she changed her clothes and went down stairs seeing Augustus outside the library made Catherine curious why he was there, then he saw her and went to her.

*Catherine: Mr. Salieri! What's wrong, do you need anything?

*Augustus: Well... Uhm... You and your friends seems close to my son.

*Catherine: We are close to him, he's even the one who bring us to this lovely inn.

*Augustus: That is right, but... How can I apologize to him?

----> Catherine pretended like she knew nothing about last night because she is scared to be scolded by him.

*Catherine: Oh, why? Did anything happen between you and your son?

*Augustus: Well... You can call me the worst father but I called him an Earth-vexing child and restrict him for going outside unless going to school and to practice incessantly.

*Catherine: Okay... Permission to speak freely?

*Augustus: Sure, you may...

*Catherine: Okay, but first; let's go somewhere private where guests won't hear us.
_________
---- Desdemona Inn's Library----

----> No one was there so they sat down at one of the chairs.

*Catherine: Okay, what kind of father would call their child "Earth-vexing"? Don't you think that is too much? He's just 8 years old!? And plus, not letting him play outside is kind of cruel, he has to have freedom! And-

*Augustus: Okay! Okay, I get it, I was the wrong one. But please help me! I'll do anything.

*Catherine: If you'll do anything then I'm down! Anyways, Colby have a fragile heart. Based on my instincts, he is the type of child to cry when someone hurt his feelings and you should be careful with your words.

*Augustus: Then what can I do?

*Catherine: But first, do you know who this is and what relationship you have with him?

---> Catherine pulls out a picture of Louis from her mini bag she was carrying and shows it to him.

*Augustus: Well, he's your husband and the viscount of Lunamyndz, am I right?

*Catherine: Correct, but what is your relation with him?

*Augustus: I have no relation with him, but I do know Jane's sister knows him... Her name is Carmén Desdemona Bizet.

*Catherine: Okay, where does she live?

*Augustus: One of the clubs located in the city park named "Carmen's", beside the club to your left is her house.

*Catherine: Okay, thank you. I'll help you.
___________

A child's drawing

---> It's 10:30 pm of August 27, 1886

-> At Francis and Alice's new house in Synolomynd, a few blocks from the inn.

*Francis: I'm home.

- Alice came up to him while carrying a box filled with clothes.

*Alice: Francis! Margaret went to bed an hour ago.

*Francis: Is this house fine?

*Alice: Margaret really liked this house because she said she finally had her own room.

*Francis: That's good to hear. Anyways, what are you holding?

*Alice: Well, it is a box filled with Margaret's clothes... Come in! It seems cold out there judging from your outfit.

----> They sat in their living room.

*Alice: Oh! Margaret wanted me to give you this so you have something that makes you remember us, she said. While I was adjusting some new furniture, she was drawing this; she says it is a "family portrait."

----> Alice gives Francis the drawing they were talking about.

*Francis: This is cute. I love it. Tell her that I love it so much.

*Alice: Will do! Oh, and your birthday is coming up! August 31, right?

*Francis: You're right. I forgot.
___________

(To be continued 💞)

•Announcement:
July's Publishing Schedule!!

For the month of July, I have a new schedule of posting/publishing new parts of the story. I will be uploading DAILY
In the month of July. Since me and my friends are still in school and we are just in vacation- the schedule for August might be weekly. I'm apologizing in advance because since it is our vacation, we might go some places and do not publish and stories or my friends forgot to submit their work for me to upload.
-Athena Guarda

Have a good day and stay safe 💗