Sibelius Concerto [Part 1]

Written by: Athena Guarda

------> Jane gave them keys to their room.

*Jane: Two people are only allowed in one room.

*Stephen: I'll go with Albert, we also have some online work and research.

*Catherine: Then I'll go with Francis.

------> Francis shows off an angry face to Stephen. It's giving "I'll kill you" vibes.

*Jane: Colby, lead them to rooms no. 23 and 24, give them a tour as well.

*Colby: Okay. Everybody, please follow me.

- He showed the four all 15 entertainment rooms. And when they stopped at the 15th room; The small orchestra pit/ ensemble.

*Colby: The seats are empty, but later at 6 pm, there will be a lot of people coming to see the show and my father's conducting.

*Catherine: Which piece will they be playing?

*Colby: Sibelius Violin Concerto.

*Catherine: Who's the soloist?

*Colby: I don't know... Somebody named Viola, she has the same last name of "Desdemona". But I just knew her now because of that poster behind you, Ms. But I think that's the woman you mentioned earlier.

----> Catherine and the others looked behind her seeing a poster of a woman named Viola. They went closer seeing that she has very beautiful features but then...

*Man: And what are you looking for here?

----> They were shock by the sudden voice, they didn't even heard the man's footsteps coming towards them.

*Colby: Father!

*Augustus [Man]: You can watch the rehearsal of the piece... We are about to set up for later night's performance.

- Catherine faced at Albert and said;
"Please, brother. I want to listen to the rehearsal."

*Albert: Sure, but we should eat soon.

*Augustus: You're welcome any time. We'll probably be practicing for a few hours.

- Catherine then looked shocked at what she saw and tapped Francis on the shoulder and whispered to him:
- "Francis, isn't that Viola? She looks exactly like the woman in the poster!"

"She does!" Francis whispered.

*Augustus: May I help you, Francis and Miss..?

*Catherine: Catherine James Rayne.

*Augustus: Well, then. What may I help you both?

*Catherine: Who is that woman with the golden age stradivarius?

*Augustus: Well, she is our soloist for tonight and Colby's cousin, but it is our first time meeting her because she was only adopted.

*Catherine: Ohh...

- Then, the receptionist-Jane- spoke through the speakers saying it's time for lunch. So they excused themselves and went to the dining room. They were served with lots of food. Pork, chicken, sushi, fried rice, and more. While they were eating, they were accompanied by other noblemen; but they weren't that sociable. Then Francis questioned something to Catherine.

- "Lady Catherine, how come you know a lot of things about music? And how come you donated 300 astras for just playing a Schubert piece earlier?"

- "Well..." Catherine replied, "I love reading historical books about classical music, I went to a music university. And the your other question... Louis' favorite composer is Schubert by his lovely melodies, intentive scoring and his favorite piece is Der Erlkönig by its pizzicato."

*Albert: You again with Louis.

*Catherine: Mother would've done the same to father, what will you do? You'll just watch happily because of our family going well.

*Stephen: Shut up, I'm trying to eat this delicious fried rice.

[They did shut up]

---------> Opera room- Ensemble: Desdemona Inn

- Catherine is amazed by Viola's playing. But once they had a break- Catherine instantly stood up and went to Viola backstage.

*Viola: May I help you, Miss?

*Catherine: The rep-

[An abrupt stop came to Catherine]

*Viola: Let's not talk about this here.
I heard that Dasha told me you were coming here, with Francis' intelligence, I knew you'll come here easily.

*Catherine: Okay, when and where can we talk?

*Viola: City park, under the tree, tomorrow night, 6 pm.

*Catherine: Okay. I'll be going.
____________

*Francis: So, how was it?

*Catherine: Tomorrow night, City Park... At 6:00 pm.

*Francis: Okay.
____________

- After the rehearsal, there was 4 hours left before the concert. They were preparing in their rooms. Catherine has the copy of the whole score of the Sibelius Concerto in her bag. Francis then sat down to one of the beds.

*Francis: Catherine... How many scores do you have in your bag?

*Catherine: Well, I have Sibelius, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff. I just read the notes and like I hear the notes in my head...

*Francis: Also... I'm kind off feeling down.

*Catherine: Really? Why?

*Francis: I feel like something is weird amongst this place, I'm missing a certain someone.

*Catherine: Dasha?

*Francis: No, but... I need your words. They inspire me.

*Catherine: Okay then?

*Francis: Go on...

*Catherine: Meeting someone is fantastic, even if they've done something that does not please you; it's hard to let someone go. This happens to you and me and to some of the people in the world.

*Francis: I meant something to cheer me up, but thanks for the wise words.

*Catherine: We all suffer from different things, people just don't know.

*Francis: I agree.

*Catherine: Let's just change the topic...

*Francis: Who made 107 symphonies again?

*Catherine: Really? That's the topic? Anyways, it's Haydn.