Butterflies

Written by: Athena Guarda &
Vito Manigo

*Stephen: Okay! What are you doing at 10 pm. I thought you said when you lay down in bed at 9 pm, you'll never get up unless the sun has risen!?

*Francis: Unless if I need to drink or go to the bathroom, I-

*Catherine: SHHH! You know what, let's go to me and Francis' room!

------> When they have arrived, Stephen sat at Francis' bed while Catherine sat at hers and he just remained standing.

*Stephen: Explain!? You've been out a lot of times lately, I saw you head to the post office-

*Francis: Wait, how did you know?

*Stephen: Beside the post office, there was a bakery, I was craving baguettes okay...

*Francis: Okay, so?

*Catherine: Lower your voices. We might get scolded... Again.

*Stephen: Will do... Will do; But- Francis Albert Arthur, may you explain why were you at the post office at night and why were you at a church when the local church was closed because of renovation?

*Catherine: Oh, I never thought of that.

*Francis: Ah... Thank you, Catherine for the best cover up.

*Catherine: Okay! I didn't knew, I'm sorry!

*Francis: Okay, I need to be there before 11 pm. So here, listen with no questions, if you do; I'll punch you-
Anyways so-

*Stephen: Go on...

*Francis: I have a wife and a 4 year old daughter.

*Catherine: It was a daughter? I thought it was a son.

*Stephen: Wait!? You have a what!?

*Francis: I just said it with my mouth, right?

*Stephen: Tell us your story then-

*Francis: Gladly... And tell this to Albert, he might question as well- And! Do not share this to anyone but only us. Okay...

(Francis Narrating): A month after Catherine's wedding day with Louis, September 8, my father told me I will be in an arranged marriage...
____________

-------> September 8, 1882
[At this time, the Arthur family regained its money and built a new reputation.]

- At the Arthur Manor: Dining Area

--> Francis and his father, Harold, are sitting down to eat lunch. His father decided to engage a conversation with his son.

*Harold: Francis, it's been a month since your divorce...

*Francis: And it's been a month since you replaced mother with this woman named Matilda.

*Harold: Don't you treat her like that.

*Francis: But she's not my biological mother, so why would I?

*Harold: Ever since Dasha killed your mother, you've been like this. What is going on?

*Francis: What is going on that is you are forgetting that you have a dead wife, six feet under the Earth's ground with the biological child who just filed a divorce and currently on a hiatus with my work over coming it.

*Harold: Okay. I have news, listen, the Beatrice family told me that they want you to marry their daughter, Alice.

*Francis: Isn't she related to this composer named Mozart?

*Harold: Correct. Her mother is the one related to him. She is Wolfgang's brother's granddaughter.

*Francis: For the first time, I knew something about music. But the answer is no.

*Harold: No, that's not your decision to make.

*Francis: Well isn't that strict. Fine- but I will not love her in any way.

*Harold: That's fine with me.

-----> September 10, 1881
[Arthur Manor, Main Lobby]

--- Alice and her father, George Beatrice have arrived, they went to the main lobby and introduced themselves.

*Francis' pov: She's pretty. But no, why am I being forced to this?

--- Alice bowed down politely and said;

----> " Mr. Arthur and his lovely son, my name is Alice Mozart Beatrice, a noble woman from Synolomynd, Andante Village of Prestomyndz..."

----> Alice looked up and Francis bowed as well and introduced himself;

"And I, Francis Albert Arthur of Astromynd, Arthur Manor of Lunamyndz. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

*Harold: How about Francis shows Alice around the place while one of our servants make tea for Mr. Beatrice?

*George: Why not. Lead the way.

----> Their fathers left the lobby and went to the accommodation-like room. Francis and Alice are now left alone in the main lobby. Alice turns to Francis and said;.

"I love you, Francis!"

*Francis: Why say strong words if we just met, I know nothing about you except your connections with a dead musical composer?

*Alice: It's because I believe in love, love can manipulate your brain, next your heart, and then just so you know it- you're in love.

*Francis: My mother used to say that.

*Alice: So did mine. I was compelled, so let's manipulate each others heart and in the future, I hope we can love each other... I love you, Francis.

---> From there and out, every time I hear her say "I love you" or calls out my name, I feel weird in my stomach like butterflies dancing a waltz in it; but I am still rejecting her, and what Alice and my mother said was right, love can really manipulate you... But I started to like Alice, so why ignore what my heart says?
- Then every thursday, she visits us and always say the strong words: I love you. She really does alter my heart to race it higher than it normally should.

________________

(To be continued 💞)