CHAPTER 1

(Ethan's POV)

My life as a King...It wasn't supposed to happen...That is my thoughts...

My father already had his family, an heir to take his throne, even another hundred or two hundred years left before he would have died of old age.

But, it seems that his rendezvous with a woman, after many years of his mate's death, had come in handy after all. I was conceived by a lowly omega, whom was just a worker in the King's palace. I don't know how she had seduced my father, or how she had even gotten pregnant with me...Considering it was harder, but not impossible, to conceive a child with another besides your mate...

Upon being born, I was the innocent child that I should have been and never knew that I was hidden, so that I would not remind the King of one of his mistakes. Not only was I an omega, much I'm sure to his disgust, but I was not his mate's child.

I was never able to ask to find out though, because I never met my father and my mother told me nothing. I also never met my half blood brothers and sisters either. Even now, I thought it strange that they were all easily matured by the time that I was only just conceived...But, I still don't quite understand the idea of mate's because...Now, at the age of thirty-eight, I still have not found mine yet. Thirty, or even fourty, wasn't considered old to a shifter, it was more so getting into my teenage years, if we compared ourselves to the humans...So, even though at least a third of us Shifters might find their mates at the age of eighteen, it wasn't rare to not find them until thirty or fourty years of age.

My half-blood sisters had found their mates a long time ago, most of them before I was born. Of course, even my brothers had found theirs, already living their lives, whatever they may be...I was pretty sure that at least two of them had started a family...But I was never really told much about them, even though I thought myself close to my Gamma, who is also now my Beta, who had recruited me to be King.

Why did they all die? Wouldn't it be better to just get someone else? Isn't this a design of change that needed to happen? Have a completely new lot of royals that weren't from the 'Sollace' family...

These questions go through my head from time to time. They go through my head because it was still quite unbelievable that the whole royal family would perish all at once. I know one of my half-sisters had survived and had gone into hiding due to this fact, and we were still wondering if someone was going to once again try to take more lives of the Sollace family...

I didn't know of what happened, until I was twelve, and even then, I was still but an innocent child who had no idea that I had royal blood in me.

But everything changed then...

Sighing, I hardly reminisced these days, but I was bored in waiting for someone to appear...Sometimes...My thoughts just run away and here I am now, thinking of life and its greatness...

Even though I was being slightly sarcastic, I continued to think of the past...

From the age of twelve, till now, the world did a complete one eighty. I not only found out that I was an Omega, a wolf that should only serve, a wolf that doesn't deserve even to have royal blood...But that I...Was indeed the last remaining royal male left.

From then, I had to learn to keep my 'heat' at bay, even though I never understood what it was back then. But that was something I was told over and over again, to never let anyone know of my status.

I ask, until this day, why they had not just got someone else to become King, especially since being an omega was such a problem. I get told all the time that it's because of my last name, and who my father was...But, why can't that be changed? Why does it have to be the Sollace family?