CHAPTER 23

Owen's POV

"I'd like to forego this issue until next time, my King. Especially if it is alike from the other times that we were investigated by the humans"

I have too many things going on right now! I don't need to frig dick around with some idiots that can't handle some mother fucking humans!

"When did you say I was to head out, Beta Owen?"

Good boy, at least you know to ask me questions still! This is the way I like you, you little brat!

"In three days', time, my King. I will organize it for three days' time, even if the Driller Pack isn't ready."

I'd rather make it in two days instead, I was itching to know what The History Pack was hiding!

They hadn't sounded like it was a huge deal, so it doesn't sound anything too special...It's just that...Now that I think about it...Why didn't they bring what they had to the palace? It was either something that belonged in The History Pack or...Did I overlook the fact of them only wanting the King to directly seeing it himself? I admitted to myself that I was on edge and couldn't wait to find out what it was that The History Pack had hidden!

"Then, as you said, we will forego this issue until...I return..."

Looking away from Ethan, I didn't show that I knew that he was worried about dying, and just continued, "Then Alpha Brown, we will hope this issue doesn't escalade to become a big problem. Surely the humans will see that nothing is at a loss. If there is cause for you to worry more, please contact the Queen or even myself. Like I said earlier, we have had police and even detectives investigate us many times, but we aren't doing anything illegal, just continue as you are doing."

Alpha Brown looked relieved, "Of course, then if there is nothing else, I will finish unloading and return back to my pack and keep an eye out."

"Mmm, do that." I heard Ethan state nonchalantly.

Thank god it was all over!

I had people to see and things to do, before we were to head out of the palace!

Not long after I said my goodbyes and went to finish organizing our trip out of the palace, I heard my secret phone go off...

I couldn't believe it, it was that time already!?

Getting it out of my secretly locked drawer of my office desk, I then rushed to the door to lock it, and answered the phone.

Straight away I heard a voice on the other end, "I can't find out, giving me the feeling that you may not be able to either!"

Frowning, I took a deep breath, "What is it then that you think, since it will apparently stop me?"

"I think it's a blood lock, Beta Owen. You will not be able to know what's inside until Ethan uses his blood to open it."

Putting a hand through my hair, I sighed, "And it's too late to bring it to my mate, dammit!"

I never thought using this reason to force Ethan out of the palace would completely backfire on me!

Now, I wish that I had never told the brat anything!

As the phone went silent, I kept wanting to think of a strategy, to get whatever The History Pack has but can't come up with anything now until it's in Ethan's hands.

"Beta Owen?"

Sighing, I said, "Fine, I'll think of something while I'm there then. Have you found out why the late King made that promise then?"