CHAPTER 20

(Ethan's POV)

Upon returning to the palace, I see Alpha Monk from The Surveillance Pack leaving and I strengthened my pace to catch up to him, "Alpha, may I ask why you're leaving when you haven't even seen me yet."

The Alpha had stopped and looked alarmed for a moment, then smiled, "Ah, it is of no importance, Your Majesty. I had come to replace...Items and had only seen Beta Owen briefly. I was just leaving..."

"May I then speak with you while you are here, Alpha Monk, I also have some words to say." Since I was now doubtful of Owen, I couldn't help but test this Alpha out...

Who would he side with?

"...Of course, Your Majesty!"

I completely reverted into becoming 'King' and stood firm in front of him, with Damien to my side, "Alpha Monk, I'd like you to search for my half-sister, so that I can finally met her. I have never met her, and I can also tell her briefly to stay alert. Knowing now that the Elementalist's are still here, her life may also be in danger."

Actually, this was true, I had no anger towards my half sister and did want to tell her to stay safe, but I also did realize the connection to Owen that this conversation had...It really worked out well!

Alpha Monk didn't look all that willing, "...Oh...Your Majesty...I have been looking for your half-sister..."

Excuses!

I interrupted him, "Then I see where your loyalty lies, Alpha Monk."

I watched as he snapped his head to me and stuttered, "...Your...Your...Majesty!"

I turned to Damien then, "When we find evidence, it looks like we will have to change some of the statuses in the packs."

Then I turned, firmly walking away.

To have brought this up in front of Alpha Monk was the test I nearly had no courage for! If Owen realizes that I was on to him, that would only make things worse! Yet...I needed Alpha Monk to realize that the King himself is questioning his own Beta and that I obviously preferred him to take my side instead...

Dam, I was just about to revert back to my natural Omega and run away!

Normally, being 'King' was a lot easier, but today...It was hard...

My mother, her letter, having doubts and now this with Alpha Monk...

Stand tall, Ethan, your mate is beside you!

Thinking of that, helped tremendously!

"Your...Majesty, please, I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I was...Just surprised by your questions!"

I turned, my eyes seeing a new light to probably half the Alpha's that I'd met...

Owen...They are Owen's Alpha's...Not mine!

...It is about time I call them over to their King's side instead!

"Surprised, Alpha Monk, or worried? Perhaps someone has a better hold over you then me, the current King of Shifters!"

Plainly, I spoke of his loyalty, already have threatened him also...Now, I was hoping I would not have to do anymore and that his loyalty will come back to me!

After all, I wasn't a nasty person...I didn't want to blackmail or take his family away, just to have him come to my side. What I needed him to see was exactly this, which I believed...Was enough...