CHAPTER 37

Ethan's POV

We needed to come up with something, and fast!

Putting a hand through my hair, I walked to Chance's room and saw him playing with both Eleanor and Beta Locky.

I missed my boy, he was talking more now and had normal human teeth.

But...

Putting a hand through my hair again in frustration, I stamped off to my luxurious room and slumped down on the bed.

Putting a hand to my growing bump, I rubbed it gently.

My children were not safe!

How can I make it safe for them!?

To my complete surprise, the floor of the area shook and then broke apart, to show an Elementalist in front of me...

The Elementalist coming out of nowhere like that scared the shit out of me!

I went onto the bed and stood on it!

Earth came up then and directly attached to me, 'They are coming!'

Oh, that's right...

I took a shaky breath in and nodded, "Ok, and you told them that there was no killing anymore? That I wanted to stop the feud between us?"

'Yes'.

I nodded, that's good...

The Elementalist's made no more sounds and I didn't move nor know what to do either.

I didn't want to order these things around, but...Do I have to order it to let me go now?

"I...Well, that's good! Do you know of a place that you won't be harmed?" I asked, finally thinking about where they might be able to stay. What if my original idea was not good enough for them?

'We want protection.'

Protection? That's what I want!

So many of us were being abused and wanted protection!

I'm supposed to be a King, wasn't I!?

Aren't I these Elementalist's saviours or am I going to be their downfall!?

Well, damned...

Austorious was staring at me in pure interest and I felt like perhaps the Omega in me ran off!

Looking at the Elementalist, I narrowed my eyes, "How long until they get here?"

'Water, a month, Fire, two years, Earth a few months, Air, a month and Metal will take a year.'

A month...

"What do you want to do in the meantime?" I asked it.

'Wait.'

Mmm...

Being in a 'King' state of mind, I looked formally at the wall and wondered about our problems.

Under the reasoning of a regent being used, it is because the King is unable to rule...

Well, to stop the Alpha's being forced to take a blood pact and to keep them as potential allies...I will just have to come back to rule!

"Very well, you can wait, do as you like as long as there is no harm to a Shifter's life. Understood?"

'Yes.'

After hearing this, a sudden blur came over me and I felt very dizzy...

Stabilizing myself with the bed post, I wondered why my hand was suddenly outstretched to the location of the Elementalist...Well, where it used to be...