CHAPTER 7

(Ethan's POV)

"Come, we have something to show you, Your Majesty."

I followed after the Alpha and still didn't say a word. I was told a long time ago, that every word a King says was very important and must be spoken very well...Yeah...I fail completely with this while I'm with Chance, but I happen to become someone that rarely speaks when I'm the 'King', because of this very reason.

After a good minute of walking, not once did I stop from acting the 'King'.

I could feel some of the Omega's here starting to tremble to my aura...Sometimes, it was good to be like this, but then...Other times, like now, I felt bad. I was not trying to harm them, yet they feared me...I didn't like it...

Upon coming into a room, I was then asked politely to take a seat and I did so.

Owen sat next to me and we watched as someone wheeled something in on some cart. It looked weird and my first idea was...It was a rock...

"We will obviously start with our investigation upon the deaths of the royal family. As you know, in the year 867 S, the royal family was suddenly buried alive and all but two perished. The burial site was..."

I interrupted him, "Can you tell us what you have investigated beyond that day, we already know what they died from. Could we find out how or why instead?"

"...Yes, Your Majesty. After that day we found this, to my right. We have finally found something that resembles what you see here, and it seems to be called an Elementalist."

I looked at the 'rock' for a second time and blinked...I had no words yet and waited for the Alpha to continue.

"As you see, there is a mark on the top here, and to find more evidence to suggest it is an Elementalist, there is also what they would call, veins, here."

Getting up from my chair, I took a closer look and the Alpha pointed them out again for me.

Scary...A rock with a symbol and a vein or two...

"What does this mean?" I asked.

The Alpha looked at me and sighed, "The Elementalist's are from the continent of Gorde, they are obviously a rock looking objects that hold an elemental type of power, and the one here...Was earth. We are all but convinced that this 'Elementalist', as we call it, may have even been the most important piece of the plot of burying the royal members alive, Your Majesty."

Standing up straight, I then went to sit back onto my seat and looked back at the rock.

Silence filled the room and I folded my hands in front of my chest and sighed.

If this is correct, this could be a problem. We hadn't been sure for years, of what had been our enemies and who we could trust...Owen must have found out that it may not have anything to do with Shifters or humans and had wanted to see if it was safe outside of the palace for someone from the royal bloodline...To see if 'Elementalist's' were still here...

Now I understood better upon why Owen was getting me out of the palace...

"Your Majesty, we have come to find that the 'rock' is not from this continent and that it was broken by Steve, brother of the late King, your uncle, may they all rest in peace...One of Royal Steve's canine teeth was stuck inside the rock and it is evidence that the tooth had broken this...'Elementalist'."

Staying quiet, I had no idea on how to act. This happened so long ago now, when I was twelve. Not only that, but I never met this Steve.

I felt glad that we were able to know about what may have finally happened, but I was still wondering if I should pretend to cry or something.