CHAPTER 21

(Damien's POV)

Honestly, I found it absolutely strange...

How could I, a full-blooded Alpha, protective as hell and jealous as fuck, get along with the woman across from me?

It was strange and I didn't understand it whatsoever!

I knew that they had laid together, naked and touching. I knew they had simply because of Chance, but for some reason, I felt like there was nothing between them. Looking at my precious mate and back at the Queen, it was a brotherly, sisterly type relationship and that was clearly where it ended.

Even before, when we had gone to her room, I knew I had over exaggerated when I spoke of him as mine. There was clearly...Nothing there between them!

I felt strangely upset because of this because I knew how perfect my mate was and felt like he hadn't been treated right, but on the other hand I felt extremely happy because if I had to fight her over him, I'd do it! But...I had no need to, so it didn't matter!

Actually, it made me feel good that I was Ethan's first with a few things and I honestly doubted that I had to do anything extra with these two...They were friends and I was even considering being her friend as well!

Strange!

Upon seeing my Ethan having seen Alpha Monk exiting the palace earlier and the way he had talked to him, I was really proud of how he handled the situation. Even if he had let out that he was doubting Owen right upfront to Alpha Monk, I would have protected him!

I don't know what it is but seeing him act as a King...Really turned me on!

When he was my Omega, he was cute and fluffy. I wanted to tease him and stroke him...When he was the King, I wanted to demand his attention and do a trick to make him laugh. Thinking about it now, I honestly felt like Ethan was like two people that were mine and would keep me entertained for an eternity!

It made me feel giddy to my bones!

I was worried that if I walked beside him when Owen was there, I would take him into my embrace and start undressing him right there!

Oh man! I never knew how hard it was when you had a mate. How hard it was to not take them whenever you want. How hard it was to stop once you've started! How hard it was to remember when people were around!

It was a grumbling problem, really!

But, now that we had Alpha Monk on our side, I felt better. The Surveillance Pack will help now in looking after my King, as these, Elementals...Oh, Elementalist's, are something we shouldn't be broken apart for. We needed everyone on our side, so that no more people die, even if it was just the royal line perishing...But every wolf has a destined mate and that destined mate has loved ones, we are all connected, so, it'll be more trouble! We must come together and unite!

So, I've decided that my pack is dividing itself and half of it is going to help protect the King, while he is out of the palace, and the other half will continue to do as normal with my Beta for now.

Knowing that Owen was already planning for my precious mate to go out and search for weaknesses with the Elementalist's, I was all but convinced that he was someone we had to take care of right now!

We should kill him, even though there's consequences for it, I hated that he was using my mate!

It was going to be hard not to act whenever I see him, in which gave me another reason to stay further back from Ethan whenever that old, sly fox was around.