CHAPTER 40

Ethan's POV

I narrowed my eyes and looked at all the Alpha's in front of me once again, "I did not want you all to be forced into a blood pact! All that I ask...Is that you give deep thought into who should be the real 'King'! Owen may indeed have a royal blooded heir to the throne, but I am the nearest descendant of the last King. If you think that I had the guts that I would kill my own family, then you are severely mistaken! At the age of twelve, I had been a submissive Omega! How would I have enough courage to kill people that I didn't even know!? He asks you to think about it, well I ask you the same! Have you not heard that Owen himself had stated that he trained me from the age of twelve? Did you not even hear of me, like I you, 'til afterwards!? Don't be blinded by just words! I might not hold evidence, but does Owen?"

I took a small breath and nodded at them, "...I will not do a blood pact...I will not tell you what you should do! I'm just stating my side of the story in defense to whatever you've been told from Owen. I want you...That's right, I want you to decide for yourselves! I want you all to ask yourselves...Because I will not force myself upon the King's power now without approval! I am willing to tell and show you what I have and put it on the table, giving you this opportunity! And if you give Owen the power...His greed may ruin us! I...I know that I have lied to you! But...I am all for looking after every single one of us! I am still willing to see what is best for all of us as one! I will fight for our safety and I will, I will let you make your own choices!"

With one last thing, I continued, "Let me ask you, what is a King!? What is it that King's do!? Will Owen do that for you? Will you give him the power? Will you see what he has done to me all this time and lied! I may have lied to you but don't forget, he has also lied! He brought me up and I do not want to be the person that he wants me to be! I will be someone better for you, someone worth relying on but...You have to give me that chance to completely break away from him! You have to see that I now see what is right and wrong and that I don't want to lie anymore!"

I got up again and walked to the door, turning back just before walking out, "I know I should have kept some things from you to gain your trust, that was the official plan...But I did not think that this was a good way to go. I gave you evidence of the greed for power that Owen has, talk to the elders and make your decision. If you all choose to follow Owen...Don't come crying to me if you regret it later!"

With my last sentence, I released a huge amount of Alpha aura that had been building up inside me all these years and I saw with my own eyes that it made at least two of them flinch.

Then I walked out!

Quickly, I let out a breath and took in another deep lot of air into my lungs.

I can't believe I just did that!

What the hell was I thinking!?

But, with Alpha Yoon there, questioning me and my position, I had enough!

So what if I was King and I was Omega, for years I had done a pretty good job, getting a few loyalties from those that Owen had not touched. Not only that, but the first King was an Omega themselves!

So what if I was the reason why the rest of the royal's died, I didn't ask for it! For much of my years, I had even thought that I was better not to exist, not even knowing of this!

But I was alive now! And I'd be damned if they were going to make me think that I never deserved to be born! I was going to live!

What was done was done, and this is now!