CHAPTER 49

Third Person

Focusing upon his father, inside the cocooned metal object still, One saw that there was a slight difference and that it should be ok to bring him out of suspended animation for now.

Releasing all the elements, One reached out and firmly held onto his unconscious father, whom was naked and still dirty, with a lot of dried blood on him.

He needs to be cleaned! One thought, frowning.

The problem was, even if he was cleaned, One knew that there was more to fix, for his father to wake up!

The Shifters around the area, that were still alive, were gobsmacked into complete astonishment!

Never had they seen someone who could use power like this, nor did they know that the King himself had been inside this metal object!

So...Alpha Rendall had been telling the truth...His Majesty had been there and...Beta Owen really did just 'miss him' afterwards...

They didn't know whether to laugh or cry...Especially when one of them knew that this very powerful person had finished off one of their pack members and he had felt the bond between them snap...

They couldn't speak and question anything though, because One soon left the area, to go back to his other father, that was halfway up the mountain.

Seeing the body of Ethan, Damien became ecstatic!

"He's alright?" Damien stated, completely forgetting where or what he was doing prior to seeing Ethan.

"Not good enough, I will have to go to the continent of Tental to gain more magic and more life. Even if I take the lives of the bad Shifters here, more magic would still be more beneficial...Who did it!? Who pushed him off the mountain!?" One stated, not completely letting Damien take his father away from him.

It was a silent fight that neither of them knew they were having, as Damien wanted to hold all of his precious, yet One still held the other side of Ethan.

With One's outraged words, Damien bit his lip for a short moment but decided to ignore it and go straight to what was more important!

"But he will still survive?" Damien asked, smiling down at the dirty and sleeping body in his arms.

"Yes, but he most likely won't wake yet though." One said, finally letting go and putting his father's dirty hair away from his face. "He's dirty."

Damien let out a small laugh and brought his precious mate closer to him, "Yes, he's dirty..."

One sighed, looking away from the intimacy of Damien's look and touch towards his other father, and he finally saw the rock golems in the distance, "Oh, right. Forgot about them..."

Damien looked up and blinked, remembering them also. "I couldn't find a way to destroy them with the least amount of casualties."

One smiled and then suddenly laughed quite loudly, "Perfect! Why didn't I think of it earlier!"

Putting out a hand to the rock golems, then putting a hand upon his sleeping father, One focused upon the life stealing spell and everyone watched as the rock golems slowly collapsed, one after the other.

After a few minutes, One stopped and then turned to his sleeping father.

Checking his wound, which seemed almost completely healed, One then touched his head, seeing that things had turned for the better. "That came in handy!"