CHAPTER 8

(Ethan's POV)

Two days...That was all I had to annoy the maids and the Queen, and then we were off again, not forgetting a small oxygen tank that I now put around my wrist.

I didn't have to hid it, like I had to with the small needle I got attached to my ankle...

...It wasn't enough time though, to have come home, but I found myself thinking of my mate more often, while laying down with Chance. I wondered how I should act, or dress like...Would he treat me differently?

Owen still didn't know about Damien...Damien...I liked his name.

Damien, I had found out, was still an Alpha without a mate. He had been mateless all this time.

I felt relieved when I had heard that. I know he deserves someone to look after him and doubted that I could do it, but the idea of him being with someone else haunted my dreams.

I wish I could go to him, yet...If I did...What would I say!?

...Now that I was out of the palace once again, my thoughts slowed down, as I had to act as 'King'. There was no doubt though, there was a huge chance that I will be seeing him soon!

And that thought made me quite jittery...I wasn't able to keep still for too long, nor was I able to hold a normal conversation for too long...

Breath Ethan!

The first Pack to see, was The Watcher's Pack. The Watcher's Pack was another happy crew, as they were able to be amongst the humans. It was the Shifter's type of 'spies', as we looked for ideas through the humans and made sure we stayed a secret. The Watcher's Pack was also the people that had changed the books that the human had written about us, putting them into bookshelves instead of having it out in the open. They were also originally part of The Surveillance Pack, but had broken away about a century ago, as they had gotten too big. Most Packs have a few hundred in them, except The Harvest Pack, which has about a thousand. There was another pack I hadn't seen yet, that had close to a thousand as well, that was The History Pack...

At least I thought it was The History Pack...Dammit, there were so many packs!

...So, having separated the big pack to two smaller ones, giving them half of the original work, seemed liked a good idea to me, as the more you have in the pack, the harder it was to control.

It really started to dawn on me now, being in this pack, that it really helped knowing who you were, to know what pack was for you.

Curious people seemed to be in this pack, food loving people in The Harvest Pack, money loving people in The Treasury Pack and intelligent people within the Surveillance Pack...

I was sure it was like this everywhere, that you would most likely fit in and I was quite proud upon how my packs were being brought up over the centuries.

A long time ago, the Sollace royals had made millions upon millions and had set up the packs similar to like they are now, and it seems to be still working!

Hell...I even wondered where I would be, if I wasn't the King...I didn't care too much for food, but I was curious...Mmm...

But...

My thoughts came to an end when I was on my way to the next pack, two days later...When I was suddenly getting buried by earth!

That's right, in pure sunlight and on a boring, dirt road, the car had completely fell into a hole that was so deep that I could only see dirt out of the window!

Through the sudden fall, I had been winded, and the seat belt had hurt me, making me groan in pain...

Afterwards, opening my eyes, feeling slightly dizzy, I saw dirt start to fill up from the bottom!