CHAPTER 27

Ethan's POV

"My King."

Seeing Owen in front of me, while still on a bed, I didn't feel a thing towards this familiar person at all. "I name you regent, Beta Owen. I have written here that you will have the power of a King, as long as you do what's best for Shifters, as what is expected of such a position."

"...My King?"

I didn't want to watch his enthusiasm, nor his confusion, I just wanted to get this over and done with! "I wrote several copies for each Alpha and their packs, carrying my blood and saying the exact same thing. Here is your copy, take it and leave."

Knowing that I had a dead look, I watched as Owen breathed out after narrowing his eyes, and easily took the parchment.

...It seems that his greed has made this step quite easy...

"My King, with a heavy..."

"Leave!" I yelled out.

To be honest, it wasn't that easy to show that I was still in despair and ready to end my life!

Having to think about this person and what he does behind my back had taken me this far, but I desperately wanted him out of my sight before I let out some emotions to my newly acquired secrets!

Seeing Owen bow and leave, I then turned to the wall, seeing my mate slowly come back to me from being behind it. We would have known that Owen would have smelt him in the same room, but we decided that it would be best if Damien let me do this while he was not being seen, because it might make Owen restless or angry.

It had been two weeks since I had been shot. At first, they had put me in the air again as soon as possible, and then got me back here to the palace, and with some strange luck in all that time, they hadn't gotten attacked by Elementalist's.

I was in a low mental state for a couple of days and I think Damien was having trouble coping with it.

He took all my tears and all my distant looks and faint answers and did not complain once.

But it had been terrible!

Upon suddenly becoming a vegetable, I still had my King duties and it only made things even worse, where upon I was yelling and showing a lot of anger.

Having to deal with Alpha Satel had not made me happier, no, it had made me sad and angry!

Instead of being rational about it, I wanted his life for what he had done!

I know I should have thought more towards it but if he had not shot me, he would have shot my mate and that was the basis of my reasoning for his death!

Seeing the last moments of Alpha Satel's life, it hadn't helped me because...I was still in a wheelchair and feeling nothing in my lower half of my body!

His deed was something I had to live with for the rest of my life!

In that state, I had already wanted to give Owen the throne and this was how this idea of him becoming a regent came into place...But, it was just two days ago, that I had felt something!

It wasn't much, but I felt like I was regaining feeling back into my legs!

To get someone that we trusted, to give us an idea upon how long it would take to heal further, or if I was going to heal at all, I had only been able to see a doctor a few hours ago...