CHAPTER 38

Ethan's POV

"Go! Remember to hide the second copy elsewhere later!" Alpha Lorez stated, handing over the three letters inside the messenger pack.

Two people put it on Beta Locky's wolf, and he rushed off straight away.

I found that Eleanor had come out, holding Chance, and she waved him off with a worried look. She turned to me and she looked like she had something to say.

"He should be fine, don't worry." Damien stated, as he got up and moved me back to the chair. "Precious, my Beta is here too. I've already stated a few to follow Locky but I want to talk to him."

Seeing Damien walking off, I got back to writing up more letters, which would go to other Shifters who weren't going to the palace. It really was a shame, that at the moment, with a summoning from Beta Owen, we didn't know exactly where all the Alpha's were. If they weren't at the palace, they could be on their way there or still in their pack, just like us...

So, we had three lots of groups, obviously Beta Locky was one of them, another group was to go to the in between areas of the packs and keep watch with their letters, while the other group was to go the packs directly and hope to find the pack Alpha still there.

Damien's pack members were the ones that were going to keep an eye on the land, as they could be called in easier and were already on their way. With them looking for elders in random locations, many of them were scattered and we could already rely upon them in finding out some information, through Damien being able to talk to them in human form, but...Through them, we found that at least one Alpha had already left!

It might be close but...We already feared that one Alpha would have already made a blood pact, even before Beta Locky was to get to the palace!

But we found another Alpha had presumably not left, but Damien's pack members, not looking for the Alpha, had now gone to look for him. It was Alpha Brown of The Harvest Pack and if the land wasn't so big and with so many workers, we would feel better but...It could at least take an hour to find this Alpha personally! Then, the letter written by the King would probably take another couple of hours to reach the Alpha...Which meant that we did not expect to see any Alpha's get here before sunset...

Preparing didn't stop there, once I had finished the letters, I was also reminded of why I had given Beta Owen the power of becoming regent and that it might be better if I were to be seated and only state that I have started getting feeling back in my legs, instead of showing that I could walk once again.

Apparently, if we were to suddenly state that I was better, and even pregnant, we could lose the trust of the Alpha's. So, I guess it was a good idea to lie at the moment...

To be honest, I really couldn't believe that Owen had gone so far. He wanted so much, yet was he going to ruin everything to get it?

Forcing Shifters, making up lies...Wasn't he going over the line!? Yet, to a certain degree, wasn't I doing the same thing then? I was going to lie to them, and hadn't I forced them to come and see me?

No! I was different from Owen! I had to tell them this too...I had to somehow show it!

Just...How do I do that!?

I felt like I was losing, even though I knew I hadn't done anything wrong.

Perhaps I shouldn't have given Owen the power to become the regent. Perhaps I should have just come out to people back then that I was getting better and went back to my 'King' duties.