|7|

Victoria

The first person to have arrived was Pablo. He had been dropped off by his father. I was so excited to see him. I missed him so much. For some reason, I felt really close to him even though we don't really know each other. We talked for a few minutes before my favourite couple, Sira and Ferran, arrived.

The boys were talking together in the living room while Sira and I locked ourselves in my bedroom to talk.

"Is Pedri going to come?" She asked me while closing the door behind her.

I sat on the edge of my bed and she sat on a couch in the corner of my room.

"I don't know but I practically begged him to."

Sira nodded and then she added, "Do you think he was right...about what he told you yesterday?"

I looked into my best friend's sincere eyes.

"Sira...I don't know anymore. Why...why Esteban would do such a thing? He has enough money to buy himself a house. Why would he care about my money?"

"Why doesn't he, Victoria? If he has enough money, why is he always at your appartment? Don't get me wrong but why wouldn't he want to live somewhere bigger?"

I shook my head.

"I don't know. But I know you are right."

My heart felt heavy. Sira and I didn't say anything. We just looked at each other. She then stood up and walked toward me to give me the hug I needed.

"If you are unhappy, you can take a break from him. You know that?"

"But I'm scared Sira."

"I will always be here for you. You don't need to be scared. You don't need to feel trapped in this relationship. You don't have to always give a chance to Esteban."

Deep down, I knew she was right.

"He told me he loves me, this morning."

Sira pulled away from our hug to look at me. Her eyes were giving me a disbelief look and a disappointed one.

"Did you say it back?" She asked me, scared of my answer.

I nodded, ashamed in a way.

"I felt like I had to. It's been 7 months that we have been together." I tried to explain myself.

"Victoria, that's the proof that this is not love. Love comes naturally. You don't think about it, it just happens."

I wanted to scream, cry, break everything... let everything out when I heard a knock on my apartment door. Sira and I left my room and walked to the living room where Pedri was being greeted by his brothers and my boyfriend.

I saw the way he looked at my boyfriend when he slightly hugged him. Then, when his gaze met mine, I felt... relieved. I walked toward Pedri and the only thing that I wanted to do is to hug him. So I did. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt his arms close around my lower back. It was an unexpected behaviour from me but it felt right, even if my boyfriend was shooting Pedri and me a death stare. I wasn't really mad at Pedri for what he told me yesterday in his car but it doesn't mean I believe him. I just forgave him. Probably because I have a good heart.

"Thank you for coming" I said to Pedri while pulling away from our hug. He looked at me with a sincere look. The devil's look had disappeared.

He smiled and then went to hug Sira quickly while still looking at me. Then I felt Esteban get closer to me and wrap an arm around my waist. I saw Pedri's gaze lower to my waist, to Esteban's hand. I felt uncomfortable.