|8|

Victoria

It has been a few days now since the stupid dinner Esteban organized. My arm was healing properly but I kept the bandage to protect it more. My boyfriend and I haven't talked since that day about what happened. We just ignored that moment and kept on living our normal lives. That same routine of Esteban dropping me in the morning to work with my car and picking me up later in the evening was still going on. Nothing had changed other than the fact that Esteban always was there in the evening to bring me back home. We stopped seeing Sira and Ferran at night and I only saw them at work or in face time.

Today, Sira and I decided to go watch the boys play. Esteban had work so he couldn't come. I was so excited to see Sira and be able to spend a day away from my boyfriend. I got ready for the game and wore a Barcelona jersey with my name on it, the one I usually wear when I go watch the girl team play. Sira and Ferran picked me up and as soon as I got into Ferran's car, Sira panicked when she saw my arm. I forgot I hadn't told her.

"Victoria, what happened? Did Esteban do this to you?" Sira said completely panicking.

Ferran didn't even start the car and instead unbuckled his seat belt to be able to turn toward the back seat and look at my arm.

"I promise if that...if Esteban touched you, I will break his arm Victoria."

I fought back my tears.

"I'm fine don't worry. It's a small wound. The night of the dinner, Esteban got mad at me when I asked him to leave and...and he threw a flower vase on the wall but he didn't want to hurt me. I promise. He even said sorry and took care of my arm" I lied to reassure my best friends.

"Victoria" Sira said with the sweetest voice.

I got closer to both of them and hugged them tightly.

"I love you guys"

"We love you more" they both added.

"Victoria, listen to me carefully. If Esteban hurts you one more time, that's it. I am going to break off this relationship, you want it or not" Sira said.

I nodded and Ferran started driving to the stadium. When we arrived, we walked in with Ferran to go see the coach and the team before going to our seats. While all the boys were changing in the changing room, I went outside to the field to see Xavi with Sira. The second he saw me, a smile lit up on his face.

"Hi coach" I said while hugging him.

"Hi Victoria and Sira" he said while hugging both of us.

"What happened to your arm Victoria?" he asked me.

I faked a laugh to reassure him.

"Oh, nothing. I just fell and somehow hurt my arm."

"Okay, have a good recovery and if you ever need anything I am always here you know that. You too Sira."

I loved Xavi for that. We kept on talking for a few minutes until he needed to head back to his team. Sira and I walked back into the stadium to find the stairs to go to our seats that were next to the team's seats. As we walked down a hallway, near the boy's changing room, Pedri was walking the opposite way toward us. At first, I couldn't see who he was since he wasn't wearing his football uniform but as soon as we got closer, I recognized him.

He began smiling when he noticed me but then his eyes fell on my injury. I saw the expression in his eyes change into worry and that's when he walked faster toward me.

"What happened to your arm Victoria?" he asked while gently grabbing it and looking at my arm.

What is he doing? My heart was beating so fast. I looked at Sira who was smiling.