|17|

Victoria
I think I expected more than a yes. Yes? What does that even mean? His face is bleeding and he answers me with a yes.

I got up from my seat to walk behind Sira who was already leaving to go see Ferran. Esteban that was half asleep was following me. When I walked in front of Fernando, I let Esteban follow Sira so that I can talk privately with Pedri's brother. Of course, Esteban gave me a look but I told him that I was going to explain to him later my conversation with Fernando, even if I have no reason to.

"It was nice seeing you today," I said to Fernando while hugging him.

"I'm glad I saw you too," he responded.

I felt a few cameras take pictures of us but I didn't care.

"Could you text me later about how Pedri is doing?" I asked him.

"Of course," he said while grinning.

I hugged him one last time and told him to say hi to his parents before I left to go after Esteban and Sira.

We ended up meeting up with Ferran and going to my place to chill for the rest of the night.

I lied to Esteban and told him that I asked Pedri's brother about his family and his parents. Nothing related to Pedri. Only his surroundings.

I also received a message from Fernando later before I went to bed.

Pedri is okay. Don't worry about him. He told me everything that happened on the field and it's nothing. Just a stupid fight like always.

I sight in relief when I read his message. It felt like a big pressure was off my shoulders. Off my heart.

Pedri
My brother had told me that Victoria asked him about me so I told him to lie to her. To tell her that I just fought these guys for no reason.

Of course, I told the truth to him, my parents, Pablo and Ferran but I knew the right thing is that Victoria doesn't know.

Victoria
It's been at least a week since the last game and the fight. I haven't seen Pedri since then and that was the right thing. My relationship with Esteban was building back up to the way it was. He was hurting me or yelling at me. He was the normal Esteban I always loved.

Both the feminine and masculine teams had so much work this week that they decided to organize a team dinner for everyone tonight. Each member was able to invite their families or whoever they wanted. For me to go, Esteban needed to come with me since Pedri was going to be there, for sure.

I had finished work late today so I quickly got ready when I got home while Esteban was waiting for me in my living room. I was wearing business clothes such as black pants and a white top with a fancy jacket and heels. I put my hair in a ponytail and retouched my makeup before leaving my apartment.

Esteban and I were one of the last people to arrive. When we got there, I immediately spotted Sira and Ferran with the two empty chairs next to them. Before I went to sit down, I told Esteban to follow me so that we can thank the coaches of both teams for the invite to this dinner. The room was full of people I knew so it was hard to spot our superiors. After a few seconds of searching, I found Xavi. I walked to him and when he saw me he stopped the conversation he was having with someone I couldn't see because he was hidden by a person next to him. I hugged Xavi and got closer to him to notice that he was having a conversation with the one and only Pedri. Great.

Xavi greeted Esteban too and I looked at Pedri who slightly smiled when he saw me. His face looked better since the fight. There wasn't any remarkable injury on it.