|25|

Pedri

It felt amazing to see Victoria again but I couldn't help but notice how much she looked tired and...depressed. I wanted to be there for her. I wanted her to be just like before. I wanted her back.

Victoria

After dinner, I went back into my room and someone knocked on the door. It was my mother. I sat on my bed while she followed me and sat next to me. She looked at me with a caring smile and held my hands in hers.

"What is going on Victoria? You don't seem okay my love. Did something happen? You know you can always talk to me and if you don't want to, it's okay too," my mother said while slightly smiling.

I felt this pressure in my chest and tears started dropping from my eyes. Tears after tears that my mother wiped.

"Cry Victoria, it's better. Let it all out," she told me.

I looked at my ring and cried even more until I removed it and took a few seconds to breathe. My Mom didn't say anything when she saw my ring on my bed. She was waiting for me to talk.

"Why does love hurt so much?" I asked her.

"Did something happen with Esteban?" She asked me worried.

I didn't know how to answer her question because everything was related to Esteban and Pedri. I took a moment to decide before explaining everything to her.

"Mom, my relationship with Esteban is not the best...I mean it's not even a relationship at this point. He threatens me and hurts me too," I told her.

Her eyes grew wider as she listened to what I had to say.

"During this past year in Barcelona, everything was going well with Esteban during the first 6 months of our relationship. He was a normal person and we had a normal relationship. Sometimes he would get drunk when we got out but it wasn't that bad because we are still young. Then one day I went out with Sira and Ferran. There was all Ferran's football friends that play with FC Barcelona so I met them that night. Esteban wasn't with me because he was working or something. That day I met a boy named Pedri... Pedro González López. He is a football player and his friendship with Ferran is as strong as my friendship with Sira," I explained to my mother.

"Can you show me a picture of him?" She curiously asked me.

I nodded and opened my phone on the Instagram page of Pedri. My parents were not football fans or had any social media accounts. My brother and I were the only football fans in this household. My mother clicked on a few pictures of Pedri and nodded in an agreeing way.

"At first, this boy and I hated each other like so much. We couldn't stay in a room together. He insulted Esteban when he met him and everything was going so wrong until we both fell in love with each other. Mom, I don't think anyone knows how much I love Pedri. Sometimes I feel like he is part of my soul, that he is my other half and I'm telling you we never dated or anything. We just both know we fell in love with each other."

My mom looked at me with loving eyes as she was admiring what Pedri and I had.

"I never loved Esteban that way. Never. After I met Pedri, Esteban became different with me. We started hurting me and treating me like a child. He would sometimes make fun of me in front of Pedri and my friends. He would get drunk every single night and then come to my apartment and in the morning use my car. Pedri got suspicious that Esteban was using me for the money. Oh...also one time...hum... Pedri and I walked in on Esteban cheating on me in my apartment. In my own bed."

My mom's hand flew on her wide-open mouth and was in shock. She shook her head and grabbed me into her arms.

"No Victoria. Enough of him. You're leaving him as soon as you get back to Barcelona. Okay?"