|21|

Victoria
The drive felt long until I arrived at Pedri's house. I didn't even know if he was going to be there. I only hoped he was.

I was so happy when I saw his car parked in his driveway so I immediately ran to his door but before I knocked, I removed my ring and placed it in my pocket. I knocked on Pedri's door and removed my tears before he opened it.

It took a few seconds until a woman that was dressed in a gorgeous red dress opened the door. I was confused. I looked at the house to make sure it was Pedri's house and it was. My heart dropped to the floor and the butterflies were gone for good.

"Oh shit," I said under my breath. "Hi, is Pedri home?" I asked the woman that wasn't recognizable.

"Yes, give me two minutes to go get him," the woman said rudely.

It felt like the wrong decision that have came here so I put the ring in my pocket, back on my finger. The outcome of this conversation was going to be different if Pedri didn't have a girl over the second he left Ferran's house.

A tear dropped from my eyes when I looked at the ring that was patiently sitting on my finger. Then I heard someone open the door that I was standing next to. It was Pedri this time.

"Victoria?" He said surprised when he saw me.

"I wanted to talk with you," I told him.

He walked a few steps closer to me and closed the door behind him.

"It's okay if you can't. I know you have someone over," I added.

"No it's fine, say what you wanted to tell me," he answered.

I nodded not knowing what to say or where to start. I looked into Pedri's eyes whose gaze fell on my hand, precisely on my ring.

"Tell me you said yes to Esteban only because you were in front of us. Because you didn't want to embarrass him," Pedri said first.

Yes, I wanted to answer but I felt like I couldn't after what I just saw. The woman in Pedri's house.

"No, it's because I truly love Esteban," I said not knowing how I answered that.

"You're serious?" Pedri asked me.

I simply nodded and looked down at our feet.

"Is the woman who opened the door your girlfriend?" I asked Pedri.

"And why do you care?" He answered me. "It's my life and I decided whoever I want to be with. Look at you. You're getting married to the love of your life. Congratulations. Now please leave my house. I don't even know why the hell did you come here."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. I was in pain. So much in pain. Pain that no one can understand.

"To tell you that I fucking hate you," I answered and walked away.

I went into my car and immediately drove away while sobbing when Pedri was out of my sight. I don't know what I did. I ruined everything and Pedri did too. I don't know how the hell is something ever going to happen between us. Maybe because it won't. We were never meant to happen.

Pedri
She just reversed the cards on me. She told me my own words and walked away. What the fuck? I will never understand this girl. She hurts me by going to get married to the man that she loves but she is the one crying.

Before I went back inside, I took a moment to let my anger out and transform into sadness. I know it's the end for us but I guess it never really started. Victoria was the only person that I let into my heart and I know that no one else was going to fill up that place. My heart was destroyed for good now.