|40|

Pedri
Victoria was slipping away from me. I felt it. Maybe she has never loved me as much as I ever loved her. Maybe that's why she is giving up so easily on us.

I held her. She cried in my arms and I felt like she was letting out all the built-up sadness that she hid from me.

When was she ever going to tell me?

I held her until she took her decision and I was going to support it even if it tore my heart apart.

Victoria
I lifted my head away from his chest and pulled back from his grip.

"I think we should both post on our Instagram that we are ending things," I told him in my weakest voice.

Pedri looked at me...disbelief and sadness.

"Are we ending things?" He asked me, as saying the words physically hurt him.

I took a deep breath, gathering the rest of my thoughts to answer his question.

"No. Never."

A smile appeared on Pedri's face between the pain and the sadness of it all.

"I just need a break. A step back. I can't keep coming in here and being with you without thinking about all of this," I said pointing to my phone.

"How long will it last?" Pedri asked me.

"Until it feels right for me to come back," I answered.

Pedri took my face into his soft palms and kissed my cheek.

"I will wait for you Victoria. I will do anything to protect you from these people and those thoughts in your head but please don't make me wait too long because my heart won't take it."

I hugged Pedri and let some tears out until I was finally able to let words come out of my mouth.

"I love you so much Pedri. I haven't been this happy in years but you changed that."

I paused and looked at him. I wanted to take him all in. I never wanted to erase that image of him in my mind.

"The day I asked you that question about who you love the most in this world, a part of me wanted you to say my name even though we didn't even know each other back then. I was angry when you didn't so I said my boyfriend just to make you jealous. But my real answer is you. Without any doubt, it's you that I love the most in this world."

I pressed my lips to his and felt a tear from Pedri's eye drop between us. It made me kiss him harder and more intensely.

"You did make me jealous," Pedri said between our kisses.

I smiled until I faced back reality. I needed to take a break from him, for the better.

We kept looking into each other's eyes not knowing what the next step was.

"I'm going to post that we ended things," Pedri said.

"Okay...hum...I'm going to unfollow you first. I will also text in the group chat to tell them that we are only taking a break for the best of our relationship."

Pedri nodded as I was talking about the group chat we created with our closest friends, meaning Pablo, Ferran, Fernando and Sira. We haven't been texting much on it since the end of the relationship between Ferran and Sira, but I needed to tell everyone about Pedri and me before they think of the worst from his Instagram post.

I sent the message and Pedri sent the post that blew up in a matter of seconds.

I looked through the comments as Pedri stared at his post, a picture of both of us one night at a beach.