Abhir Birla -I

Today marks the 38 weeks of Akshara's pregnancy. Only 2 more weeks and she can hold her baby in her arms. Akshara muses while sitting in the balcony and caressing her belly. Her husband is the most excited one. In these past 7 months, he took care of her needs and her mood swings. His protectiveness increased ten folds during this period. He monitored her food intake, medicine and vaccinations, along with her medical checkups. He was present with her in all the checkups and ultrasounds. She was not allowed to eat which affects her health and the baby's health. Not only her husband, but her whole family is at her beck and call. They all took care of her needs. The only negative effect of being a part of a doctor's family, she cannot eat anything that her heart desire. They all were very strict regarding her food and diet. And to satisfy her cravings she generally goes to Goenka House away from all the doctors. But all in all, she enjoyed her pregnancy period. She enjoyed everybody's care but most importantly her husband's care.

Abhimanyu came back to his new room after completing his surgery, thinking that his wife must be sleeping. They had shifted their room downstairs 6 months back. He knows his Girija wife very well and to avoid any mis happenings they shifted downstairs.

He comes to the room but could not find her on the bed. He looks here and there and finally found her in the balcony. Sitting on a comfortable chair with a peaceful smile on her face, and caressing her big belly.

He took out his phone and click her picture. She is looking very beautiful nowadays; her face is glowing, her hairs are longer and pregnancy fills her curves beautifully. She is one of the luckiest women whose beauty is enhanced with pregnancy. He is a lucky man indeed. His wife looks like a goddess.

"Akshu, tum soyi nhi abhi tak", asked Abhimanyu in a low voice to not to scare her. Akshara looked above her husband and smiled at him.

"Nhi we are waiting for you. The baby is kicking too much today. I think it is missing their father."Abhi smiled and started caressing her belly. He can feel their baby kicking.

"Hi, Junior, Kaise ho aap. Papa misses you too much today. Do you also miss Papa today?", his baby landed a harsh kick under his hand giving its answer.

"Ok I understand that you also missed me", Abhi said while laughing. Akshara smiled looking at his happy face.

"Did you have your dinner Abhi?" asked Akshara. Abhimanyu replied yes.

"Chalo, it's getting late you should sleep now Akshu. Acha tumne woh night wali medicine le li na", Abhimanyu asked his wife while helping her stand up. He put her favourite duck slippers on her foot. He did not like these even one bit but they are the most comfortable on her swollen feet.

"Yes, Abhi I took it. U arrange the bed till the time I will change my clothes". Akshara went to the bathroom to her clothes while Abhi arranged the bed according to his wife's needs. She came back in 5 minutes wearing Abhimanyu's XL t-shirt and yoga pants. The T-shirt arms reach to her elbows but it covers her bump fully. Her hair is in a bun. Abhimanyu helped Akshara sit on a bed. He then took a hairbrush and rubber band and quickly braid her long hair. Finally, he arranges pillows just as she likes them. Put one pillow in between her legs to manage her growing belly. This is their daily routine. He put water on her table along with an apple and some dry fruits, in case she is hungry at night. Akshara smiled looking at him. Her love increases for him every day. She is so lucky to have him as her husband.

After some time he came back and sits beside her on the bed.

"Abhi can you rub my back, it is hurting really bad today. Do you think I pull a muscle or something", Akshara asked her husband.

"No, I do not think so baby. It's just that you are at the end of your pregnancy so that is why it is hurting more. Acha tell me what you did today." Abhimanyu started pressing her back, using his fingers to relieve the pressure from her back. He asked his wife trying to divert her attention from the back pain. His wife is petite carrying a huge weight. That is why her back is hurting so much throughout her pregnancy.

"Oh, like usual. I eat, sing to the baby, waddle throughout the house, take naps here and there,  read books which you have bought and then go on the evening walk with Papa. Oh! today papa took me out on a ice cream date after walk", Akshu said while winking at her husband. Abhi looked at her open mouth.

"Acha ji, ice cream date and all. Mujhe na tumhare papa se baat krni padegi about taking you on a date. Unhe banana padega ki tumhe dates pe le jane ka right sirf mera hai, aur kisi ka nhi.", Akshu laughed while looking at her husband's face.

"Abhi tum sach mai na chidkuram ho, apne hi papa se chid rhe ho. Tumhe pta woh Naturals le kr gye the. Maine 3 flavours mix krva ke khaye. Haye, baby is so happy while I was eating. It was kicking up like a storm." Akshara provides this important information to her husband.

Oye, ab tumne mere baby ko bhi apni team mai kr liya", he said playfully to his wife.

"Hoye, baby humesha se hi meri team tha", Akshara replied to her husband with equal sass.

"Ok, meri pyara baby aur uski amma ab toh so jaoo bahut raat ho gyi hai. Tum waise bhi raat mai bahut baar uthna padta hai. Ab so jaoo." Abhimanyu said and gave her a good night kiss on the forehead. He moves downwards and places a kiss on her big protruding belly.
"good night Junior, Mumma ko zayada pareshan mat krna. Ab aap aur mumma dono ache se so jaoo", Abhimanyu starts massaging her hair lightly and starts humming a song that lulls Akshara to a peaceful sleep.

"Abhi, give me your hand I have to use the washroom urgently. The baby is sitting on my bladder", Akshu shakes her husband in order to take his help to use the washroom. Since she is pretty big right now, she can not get up on her own. And right now she really needs his help.

"Abhi, utho na" and shakes him again. Abhimanyu gets up with a jerk. He looks at the watch it is showing 2:30 at night. They just slept 3 hours before. Man, he is really tired today.

"What happened", asked Abhimanyu while rubbing his eyes.

"I need to use the washroom really bad. Give me your hand, you know na I can't get up on my own. Abhimanyu nods and helps his wife gets up. She winces while getting up. Her back is really killing her today. This is her worst back pain till now.

He helps her and took her inside the washroom. His eyes are still not open fully. Akshara just took a step ahead and stopped in front of the sink when a big whoosh sound was heard.

"Abhi... my water... she could not say ahead when like a pop her water broke in front of the sink. Abhimanyu is now wide awake looking stunned at his wife. His wife who is standing like a statue in between the puddle of her own water.

"Oh my God, your water broke", Abhimanyu shouted.

To be continued.