Roohdariyan-i

"Then, the manager asked me the stupidest question I have ever come across, he said and listened to it carefully Akshu, 'Sir are you divorced?' I was like what? How can he ask a question like this? When I asked him; why did he ask that question? His reply was even the stupidest. He said Sir, you have come alone here and you look like you are in your late 30s, so if you haven't come with your wife; then I assumed you are divorced", said Abhi and started laughing hysterically.

Abhi is in Jaipur for a medical conference. He is FaceTiming Akshu to tell her about the stupidest incident he faced today while checking in the hotel.

"That manager was such a stupid creature. I mean a man cannot travel alone. What a fool he is!" exclaimed Abhi and started laughing again.

But Akshu is not listening to him, she is lost in her own thoughts. After getting his breath back for laughing so hard; he observed his wife. She has not spoken a single word to him. She is in her own thoughts.

"Akshu, are you listening to me", said Abhi. But Akshu didn't reply anything to him. Abhi is now getting more concerned for her.

He called her name three more times when finally Akshu registered his voice and answered him.

"AKSHU", shouted Abhi and this time she replied, "Haa bolo." 

"What happened, are you alright? I have been calling you for so long but didn't reply. Are you okay na, baby? Kuch hua hai kya?" asked Abhi frantically.

"Yaa, I am fine. Sorry, I am thinking about something else. Tum kuch bta rhe the kya", replied Akshara meekly. Now, Abhi is sure. Something is definitely wrong.

"Akshu, what's wrong baby? You looked pretty upset. Ghar pr kuch hua hai kya", asked Abhi. Akshara shook her head. 

"Everything is fine at home", said Akshu. But Abhi is not convinced. Something happened to his wife for sure. He messaged his brother and sister-in-law immediately to find out if anything serious happened at home. When he got a reply from them that everything was fine at home, then he took a sigh of relief. 

"Akshu, kya hua hai baba. Why are you so upset? Apne Abhi ko hi nhi batogi", asked Abhi in the softest voice. This broke Akshu's resolute and she started crying immediately. 

Looking at her crying so hard, Abhi got panicked. He didn't see his wife crying so hard in a long time. She is on the verge of a panic attack. It's been years since she got the attack. She got some attacks in the early years of their marriage, but after that, they had been nonexistent. They have been so happy in their lives both professionally and personally. He didn't understand what happened suddenly.

"Akshu baba, calm down. Everything is okay. Sing a song. Try to take a deep breath", said Abhi politely. He needs to be with her. He needs to hold her. She needs him right now. When Akshara cannot sing; her breathing gets laboured. Abhi is looking at her helplessly. He cannot do anything from the screen for her. Since he had no choice left he starts humming the song, Lag ja Gale. Simultaneously he messaged Shefali to come to their room and look after her. 

His humming got her breathing slow down. Shefali also came to their room and started patting her back, to calm her down. After some minutes, Abhi and Shefali got her calmed down. Shefali took Akshu in her embrace and whispered sweet nothings in her ears.

"Akshu, everything is alright bacha. Look, Abhi is here, Bhabhi is here. Everything is alright. Calm down. Stop crying", said Shefali. Over the years Shefali become the sister, which Akshara never had. They are sisters not by blood but by love. They love each other tremendously. Always stood for each other, for good or bad.

Looking at her in this state had panicked her too, but she didn't show it in front of Akshu. "Everything is okay, calm down Akshu", said Shefali simultaneously caressed her hair. Both Abhi and Shefali are successful in calming her down. Abhi took a huge sigh of relief after Akshu started breathing properly. He hated the distance between them right now.