Sick Day

A/N Abhir is 8 years old. Anaira is 4 years old. Long chapter ahead.

Abhimanyu's sleep got disturbed when he heard the gagging noise. He moved his arm around his wife to sleep again, but he couldn't find her. The sheets are warm. He again heard the gagging noise, this time he got up and looked at his surroundings. He looks here and there but couldn't find his wife. The wall clock shows 4:30 am. He moves to the bathroom to see Akshara hanging over the toilet and puking her guts. He held her hair in a makeshift ponytail and pats her back.

"Akshu, are you Ok baba?", Abhi asked her as soon as she stopped puking. She sits down in front of the bathtub and takes long deep breaths. She didn't have enough strength to stand up and clean herself up. 

Abhi walks over to the sink and brings the wet washcloth and cleans her face which is all sweaty. He puts a hand on her forehead and found it warm, very warm. "Akshu, you are hot", he exclaimed. 

Akshara chuckles and replied, "Thank you". Abhi shook his head. "This is not what I meant. I mean you have a fever, can you stand up?" he politely asked her. Akshara nods her head. Abhi helps her in standing up and she brushes her teeth with his help. 

Abhimanyu lifts her up and put her on the bed. He puts a thermometer in her mouth to check her temperature. "101.5, that's quite high Akshu. Tumne mujhe pehle kyu nhi bataya that you are not feeling well. Aur bhi kuch ho rha hai," he asked her.

"Abhi bas abhi kuch der pehle se hi restlessness shuru hui thi, and then this vomiting. Jab take tumhe batati you are already in the washroom," she groaned and puts her head on his chest. 

"Ok, tum yeh medicine lo and rest for some time. Aur aaj tum iss bed se hilogi bhi nhi. Mai sab dekh loonga aaj, bachon ko bhi aur ghar bhi. You will rest only. Chalo try to sleep, abhi thodi der mai tumhe acha lgne lagega", he helps her in lying down on the bed. Put a duvet around her and cover her body completely. He moves and turns off the air conditioner. 

Abhi moves on the bed with her and both of them drift to sleep. Around 6:30 am alarm rang, effectively breaking their sleep. "Abhi, utho its time for kids school, go wake them up", she shakes her husband up from sleep.

 Abhi woke up and touches her forehead. He feels it less warm than before. He stands up and put the thermometer in her mouth. It shows 100.5. "Akshu, you still have a high fever, tum bed se uthogi, I will look after everything." he kisses her forehead and went to the kid's room.

Abhi goes to Kid's room. He shakes his head to see his kids sleeping in such an odd position. Anaira's one leg is out from the blanket and one is inside the blanket, her hair looks like a bird's nest. Her mouth is open and drool coming out from one side. He chuckles and goes to wake her up first.

"Aanu, good morning. Wake up bacha, it's time for school.", he caresses her head and kisses on her forehead to wake her up. She takes forever in getting ready, so Abhi thought to wake her up first. He shakes her up to wake her. After 5 minutes, she finally wakes up. 

"Good morning princess, wake up it's time for school. You go to the bathroom and freshen up tab tak papa bhai ko uthate hai. Go get freshen up, phir papa comes and help you in getting ready." Abhi coaxes her and sends her to the washroom.

Abhi now tries to wake his son up. "Junior, come on wake up. It's time for school. Chalo jaldi utho, else you will be late for school", he shakes him up and kisses his forehead to wake him up. He ruffles his hair to wake him up.

"Don't touch my hair papa", came a sleep ladden voice of his son. Abhi smiles, his son is just like him. He didn't allow anyone to touch his hair. After 2-3 minutes of continuous shaking, Abhir finally wakes up. Abhi helps him sit up and puts glasses on his eyes.