Moments

A/N This chapter will cover the postpartum journey of Abhira after the birth of Abhir Birla. I have already covered Abhir's birth story so I won't be writing about that.
Happy reading 😘

Abhimanyu and Akshara are lost in their world. Akshara is holding her son in her arms. They are tired, but their eyes are shining with happiness.

The nurse came to Akshara's hospital room and broke their moment. "Akshara mam, congratulations," said Nurse. Abhi and Akshu look at her and smile.

"Thank you", said Akshara but her eyes were not leaving her little boy.

"Mam, you should try to nurse him. I will help you with this", said Nurse politely. Akshara nods her head. She handed the baby to Abhi. The nurse helped her to sit properly, she put a nursing pillow on her abdomen to avoid any strain. She then picks Abhir and guides him to the latch to take his feed. Abhir cries a little when the nurse squishes his mouth and guides him to latch. Like a pro Abhir latches to Akshu's tits.

The moment Abhir latches to Akshara's breast she squeals.

"What happened, Akshu? Are you alright?" asked Abhi.

"I am fine, it's just that his hold is so tight", said Akshara. She is feeling so different right now.

"It happens Akshara mam. You will feel it initially. But slowly you will adapt to that", the nurse replied.

After some time, "Mam I think we should shift him to the next breast. Come on let me show you how to burp him", the nurse said. She lifts the baby and pats his back twice and he burps like a pro.

"Good boy. Dekha Akshu mera junior kitna smart hai. He learns everything so quickly", said Abhi beaming with pride.

The nurse puts him on her other breast and Abhir latches to it quickly too. "Wow, I must say your son is the quickest baby I have ever seen sir. Warna yeh sabse mushkil kaam hota hai. This is one of the hardest part", said the nurse. Abhira looked proudly at their little miracle.

After Abhir finishes his feed, this time Abhimanyu burps him and boy, Abhi quickly burps him.

"Well done my boy", said Abhi.

"Sir be prepared for his first diaper. It tends to be the dirtiest", the nurse cautioned them. The couple nodded.

Abhi went outside to call his family members to meet the baby. The family is so excited to meet the baby. They came into the room and started fawning over the baby.

"Abhi, he looks exactly like you", exclaimed Manjari. She touches her grandson's cheeks and tears glisten in her eyes. Her son is now a father. He has his own family to love, protect and cherish. She tenderly takes him in her arms and kisses his little forehead.

"Birla family main apka bahut bahut swagat hai mere bacche. Dadi loves you so much", said Manjari. This moment is too cute to miss. Nishtha is recording everything. She did not want to miss even a single moment of her nephew.

"Ab meri bari", said Harsh. He takes Abhir from Manjari and looks at his grandson. Manjari is right, Abhir actually looks like Abhimanyu. Same eyes, nose and lips. Even his little pout is like Abhimanyu's. He kisses his grandson tenderly.

"Aap log baar baar mere bete ko kiss mat karo uses infection ho jayega", exclaimed Abhi. Everyone laughs. Abhimanyu's overprotectiveness has already started.

"Papa, ab meri bari", said Neil and took Abhir in his arms.

"Wait, let me sit down. I haven't held anything this small in my arms", said Neil and sat down. Abhir opens his eyes to look at his chachu.