Roohdariyan-viii

Abhimanyu and Akshara are sitting in a doctor's cabin waiting for Akshara's latest scan reports. It's been six months since Akshara has started the chemotherapy. It is a tough time for the family, especially for Abhira but they are fighting it together. They are taking one day at a time.

Akshara is getting nervous about her reports. She is feeling better than before. She knows she is making some improvement but how much that she doesn't know. She held Abhi's hands and started playing with his fingers. This is Akshara's new habit. Earlier she used to play with her hair when she felt nervous, but now it is no longer an option. So, she played with his fingers instead.

Abhimanyu looked towards his wife and smiled. His once strong, beautiful and curvy wife is now so frail and thin bones protruding out of her. But she is still the most beautiful girl in the world for him. Her hair starting to grow now, and she has a cute pixie cut. Abhi still remembers the reaction of his kids when they see their mother without any hair.

They failed to recognise their mother without hair. Anaira cried her little eye out for the hair of her mother. Initially, she refused to believe that Akshu was her mother only. Abhir is so sad and worried to look at his mother in this condition. But Abhimanyu and other family members explained to them the reason for the loss of Akshu's hair. They still did not know the main reason or that she had cancer but they did know that their mother was not well. So, the kids were really attentive to Akshu's needs. They took care of her. Anaira didn't throw any tantrums regarding food or doing homework. Abhir also completes his work on time so his mother won't get disturbed. They are doing everything they can do to make Akshu happy. His kids are the most understanding kids in the world.

Abhi's reverie broke when the doctor entered in the cabin with Akshra's reports. " Sorry guys, mujhe thoda late ho gya. Aap logo ne zayada intezar toh nhi kiya na mera", asked the doctor.

Abhira shakes their heads negatively.

"That's good. So, tell me Akshara how are you feeling now?" asked the doctor.

"I am feeling good doctor. I can eat more than two bites now", said Akshara jokingly.

"That's good to know Akshara. You are responding really well to the treatment. Better than what I was expecting. Your last scans were excellent. It showed immense progress. So, let us see what this latest scan tells us", said the doctor. Abhira holds each other's hand when the doctor is examining her reports.

"Well, Akshara and Abhimanyu I am very pleased to announce that you are finally cancer-free. Your therapy has ended because these latest scans showed that you are healed", said the good doctor. Abhira's eyes glistened with tears. They were speechless and didn't know what to say.

"You are in remission now Akshara. You have come for a check-up every 3 months for a year and after seeing your progress we will decide on the next appointment schedule. So, I will see you after 3 months then", said the doctor. 

Abhimanyu and Akshara got up and thanked the doctor profusely. Abhimanyu hugged the doctor for saving his life. He can't thank him enough. He in every sense saves the reason for his living. He will always be grateful to him. After thanking the doctor and getting the latest medicine for Akshara the couple moved to their destination.

Both of them didn't speak a single word to each other. They are holding each other's hands. Abhimanyu stops the car at the park. The park witnessed their proposal, their first patch-up and so many ups and downs of their lives. This park is their place, Abhira's place. 

"I am Cancer-free, Abhi. We won Abhi. We won", whispered Akshara. Tears were flowing from her eyes at a rapid pace. Abhi's condition is no better. Tears are flowing from his eyes too. He hugged Akshara tightly and cried like a baby. Both of them were crying so hard. Finally, after months their trial and tribulations had ended. Their months of pain were flowing from their eyes in the form of tears today. There is no stopping of it.