Picnic

A/N A light-hearted chapter. Hope you guys like it. Happy reading.

"Wake up, wake up, bhaiya wakey wakey wakey up. It's picnic day. Come on get up and get ready fast" Anaira shakes Abhir up to wake him up.

"Aanu, why do you have to get up so early when we have a holiday? We have to go there by noon. It's just 7 a.m. so we have plenty of time left. Sleep for some more time. Please let me sleep also", mumbles Abhir sleepily and sleeps again.

"Ahh! Bhaiya has no excitement for a picnic. How can he sleep? We have so much to do. But let him be", mutters Anaira.

She goes to the garden area, she knows her father will be there doing his exercises. She rushed to the garden and saw her father doing push-ups. She silently went towards him and sat on his back. She crossed her legs and giggled.

Abhi smiled. He knew his baby girl was sitting on his back but he continued to push-ups. Every time he goes down Anaira giggles. After 5 minutes Abhi completed it. He very carefully helps Anaira down from his back.

"And who do we have here?" asked Abhi.

"It's me, Papa. I am your partner today", Anaira said giggling.

"Ohh, so I have a partner today. That's really cool. So, chalo partner let's do some exercise", said Abhi. He lifts her in his arms and starts swinging her like a dumble. Anaira's giggles turn into full-blown laughter. Looking at her happy, Abhi is also very happy.

"Acha, toh aap dono yha par ho. Aanu tu meri neend disturb krke yha pr mje kr rhi hai," Abhir said with a pout.

"Bhaiya, aap ko hi sona tha na, ab aap kyu uth gye", replied Anaira haughtily.

"Okay, enough guys. Morning is meant for exercise and fun, not for your petty fights. Junior, come you will also exercise with us. Now, I have two partners," said Abhi breaking up the future fight between the siblings.

The kids along with their father started doing some light exercises. Akshara came into the garden area and smiled at the scene in front of her. The kids are hanging on Abhi's arm who is lifting them up with his arms strength. She took out her phone and clicked pictures of her family.

"Okay, time up bahut masti ho gyi. Now, I want everyone to go inside and change while I make breakfast and arrange food for our picnic", instructs Akshara. She is the taskmaster in the family. Listening word picnic Anaira shouts 'Yay'. 

"Akshu, tum itna sab kaise arrange krogi akele. Wait we all will help you in arranging the food. Kids we will help mumma first and then get ready. Come on my little Birla army, let's go", said Abhi and everyone went to the kitchen.

They all went to the kitchen. Akshara make sure everyone washes their hands properly. She then puts on the cute little aprons on the kid's dress. She gave light work to the kids while handing over the duty of chopping the vegetables to Abhi for the sandwiches. Abhir started the radio, as he started to get bored. On the radio, his favourite song Thunder by Imagine Dragons is coming. He shouts and starts singing along with it. Abhi, Akshu and Anaira also start singing and dancing along to the song. The kids are mostly singing, and Abhi and Akshara are dancing around them, laughing their heads off. Anaira and Abhir have spatulas in their hands, using them as microphones. Every time the song has a thunder sound in the background,  all four of them stomp their feet on the ground. They all are in their own little worlds, sometimes accidentally bumping into each other, and other times Abhi and Akshara will pick the kids up and spin in circles, mostly, they giggling and so much full of life.

When the song ended, they laughed again and hugged each other. After that, Akshu put everyone to work so they could go to the picnic sooner. Akshara helped Anaira to get ready while Abhi helped Abhir. Then Abhira got ready. Finally, Akshara packed everything for the picnic and they went to their first destination the Zoo.