Casa Walsh

Walsh House.
When Brandon approached the car to the sidewalk, seeing Walsh home was a punch straight to the stomach. The lawn cut. The driveway in order. It was like Dylan once said, what he liked about that house and that yard was that it was a certainty. Unchanged.
The twins remained silent, both of them, only for a few seconds.
"It's prettier than I remembered," Brenda said.
They tried to locate the windows of their rooms.
They began to talk about their first day.
"Do you remember? Boxes everywhere."
"Yeah," Brenda laughed, "and that car you had"
Brandon watched her "one of the best in the world"
"How not."
"We had wonderful moments here and also difficult."
"Do you know what I remember more than those years?"
"What?"
"The fact that it didn't matter how bad the day could ever have been, either beautiful, or exciting. I knew you were going to appear at my door, either you, or mom, or dad. The certainty."
"True," sighed Brandon, "for me too. But at some point you all left."
"The years of Steve, Valerie and Kelly?"
"Yeah ," chuckled Brandon, "were good, of course Valerie didn't make my cohabitation with Kelly simple or maybe it was my fault, but the early years, those with you. They had another taste. That granite certainty that nothing bad, terrible or irrecoverable would happen," he thought about "you have no idea how much I missed you in those years"
Brenda smiled.
"No," Brandon resumed, "For real
"Can I help you?" A man had left the house unsuspected by the presence of the car.
"Oh man," said Brandon who hurried out of the car "hello good evening!"
"Do you need anything?" The guy was a man in his fifties, full, nice face, but in fact they were on his property and the matter would have upset anyone.
"We're sorry to bother you."
Brenda also got out of the car "we lived here once, years ago, we just passed by to see the house"
"Oh!" He made the man "you are the Walshs".
The twins were surprised that the man knew who they were.
"Yes," Brenda said, pointing to her and her brother, "we are Brenda and Brandon Walsh"
"A lot of pleasure, Greg McMinley"
"Hello Greg"
"Do you want to come in?"
"Oh no.. thanks.. we just stopped," Brandon justified himself
"Yes, we'd love to," Brenda said, who sharpened behind Greg.
"Great," Brandon thought, rushing his pace as Brenda turned to wink at him.
Everything had remained intact. Changed the furniture in the living room. Jim and Cindy's sofa was still there .
"Teresa come" Greg's wife looked out of the kitchen. A beautiful woman with bright eyes.
"This are Brenda and Brandon Walsh"
"Those Walsh?"
"Yes, they are"
"Isn't we left something to pay for?" Brandon whispers to sister "because in case you have how much in your pocket"
"Thirty-dollars," Brenda replied, laughing, "you?"
"Seventy ," he laughed.
"There are some things of yours here," Greg said.
"Like what?"
"Boxes, I had your parents' address in Hong Kong, but the boxes came back"
"They are in Minneapolis, now."
"We would like to return them to you"
"Of course, we're here," Brandon said, widening his arms.
"Can we offer you something?"
"Oh we don't want to disturb.."
"Muuum..." a voice shouted from upstairs.
Teresa seemed mortified "Would you mind not to scream? Jordan and Sara, can you come down please?"
"Do you have two children?"
"Jordan 17 and Sara 15"
The two peeped out shortly after. They weaklyhook hands on the Walshs.
"They once live here," Teresa said enthusiastically.
"A few years ago," Brenda said.
The boys smiled but were more focused on their things than curious.
"I have to go out with Michael," Sara immediately turned to her mother, "just go for a walk, no big deal."
Greg seemed annoyed, but the presence of the Walshs forced him not to say anything.
They settled in the living room and talked about more and less. Greg was a lawyer, but he wanted to have an associate firm on his own. Difficult in Los Angeles. That's why he was waiting for answers around California.
"It's going to be difficult to move the kids . They once made a good proposal to our father. And we all opposed it, even my mother," Brenda said.
"I can figure out," replied Greg, "it's already complicated... well I'm going to get your stuff."
"Did you come to dust off some memories?" Teresa asked, hoping not to be too intrusive.
"Maybe," Brenda replied, "It's like we dived this week. It's always nice to go home though."
Greg came back with two boxes.
One Brenda recognized hers right away. The other was not familiar to her.
"They were left on a garage shelf. Then the old tenants had buried them permanently."
Brenda and Brandon loaded the boxes into the car.
They didn't even take a look at them, it was like they knew what was inside. Things to keep. Things that went back.
Taylor House.
Kelly gave up her bed to Dylan and Sammy. He wanted physical contact. He was desperately hungry for it. They were both.
SHe went down to read some office notes and Dylan looked out shortly after.
"Can I?"
Kelly looked away from her job.
"Yeah"
"Are you okay?"
She laughed "the fact that everyone ask me if I'm okay says a lot about your opinion of me."
"No," Dylan laughed, "it's just not easy. You know."
"I know," she sled her, "do you want to eat something?"
"No. I just wanted to ask you if I take Sammy out and skip school tomorrow."
"Of course. I bet he's on laps."
"And I would like to bring Brenda too"
Kelly didn't betray any feelings. In reality it hurts her a little, as it was right to be, she had always tried to keep everything on her feet, always, her resilience to shocks was difficult, she had overcome anger, and resisted in the comfort zone of acceptance.
It wasn't him, it was the idea she had of him, it was how much she had paid for that desperate relationship she would want, and it always seemed totally useless. The truth is, you risk getting entangled in such attitudes.
And she got entangled and when she realized it she had let him go. With difficulty. As Brenda had done years earlier. How they had imposed them. No choice.
"So you two are serious?"
"I don't know," he replied, "we live on different continents. She doesn't even trust. No one trusts me."
"Ah weird.." Kelly replied.
Dylan laughed "I'm sorry for whatever I did to you Kel."
"Me too," she replied, "I just would like you to stay longer, for him not for me, every time it's too painful, and you and I know that well."
Dylan didn't answer. He kept his eyes down.
"I don't ask you to give up anything," Kel told him, "but these years will pass and I don't want Sammy to grow up the way we grew up. Look at us, we are emotionally desperate. Both of them."
Dylan still hasn't answered.
"I'm going to sleep" ended Kelly surrendered "goodnight Dylan"
"Goodnight Kel."
Kelly went upstairs. SHe looked at the cell phone a little. Zero messages.
SHe put it on the table and turned to one side.
Eyes barred looking at the wind blowing outside.. the shadow of the leaves, the branches.
Wind outside and inside.