Airports

Brenda closed the door of her apartment and immediately took off her shoes by throwing them towards the entrance and arousing Dylan's hilarity.
"Are you tired?'
'Destroyed'
He made a pirouette until he threw himself on the couch.
"But it was the greatest evening of my life. Magnificent. Superb." Said Brenda
"Was it all as you wanted?"
"Yes," she sighed.
Dylan raised her legs to massage her feet.
"Tomorrow we stick to the internet and every newspaper. Let's see the reviews. Just feel ready for anything."
"I'm ready for anything," Brenda confirmed.
"Yes, now you say so, but tomorrow who knows."
Brenda smiled "I don't know I feel too happy for someone or something to ruin My mood."
"Someone?" He asked.
"Didn't you notice anything?" She replied.
"No, what?"
'Nothing.'
"Bren, what?"
She shrugged "maybe it was my impression."
"Impression of what?"
"Kelly," Brenda confirmed.
Dylan didn't understand "Kelly? Kelly what?"
"She looked weird at dinner"
"I didn't notice."
"You should have.. and my brother tried to check the situation every five minutes."
"And why?"
"He didn't want her to feel lonely I assume. It didn't have center stage."
"Bren.. this is bad."
"Why isn't it the truth?"
"What's the problem with you?"
Brenda pulled herself down on the couch "I certainly don't have any problems, do you have problems with your character?"
Dylan made a twisted expression "I wouldn't say no. That's what happened, that's what I've been."
"Thank goodness you're aware of it."
"Okay. Stop here. I'm not going to resurrect anything. I thought we had overcome it."
"Overcome but not forgotten."
"I really don't feel like talking about this, what do you want me to do?"
"Nothing," Brenda said irritated.
"It's a nice evening Brenda, let's not ruin everything."
"No. No." she replied "it's not with this evening that we ruin everything."
"What exactly bothers you?"
"May you take her defense"
"I didn't say anything."
"There is no need"
"You're unfair."
Brenda sighed heavily maybe it was true. She was unfair. But Kelly's attitude had made her nervous.
"Are you okay, let's suspend this topic?" Asked Dylan hugging her from behind.
'Safe'
"I have some news."
'What..'
"Tomorrow after your family will be gone someone is waiting for us to discuss a project.
"What a project.'
"It seems that there was someone from Fox among the viewers and he's interested in grabbing the copyrights."
"Really?" Brenda laughed turning to him.
"I told you it works. Someone is thinking about," he said, wielding his arm in the air, "a TV show."
"I can't believe it."
"Tomorrow we just have to understand the offers so we'll see."
Brenda stopped for a moment and stroked his face.
"Thank you," she told him.
"For what?"
"For believing in me."
"I'm the one who has to thank you."
"Seriously?"
"'Yes. I found a sense. The joy of living."
They kissed more and more deeply. He stuck his hands under her shirt, He brushed her breasts, the kiss got deeper.
He took her in his arms by lifting her and without peeling off her lips. With one foot closed the bedroom door. He wanted desperatly making love to her. The whole world is out.
The next day. London Airport.
They all arrived at the departures of Heatrow Airport some time in advance. The flight was long and they intended to enjoy every moment together. Jim and Cindy were walking around the duty free area with Sammy. They tried perfumes. Italian chocolate. Flavors from all over the world.
Dylan, Brenda, Steve, Kelly and Brandon sat at the coffee shop. For different reasons none of the five had spent the night sleeping. They felt tired.
"We're going to sleep on the plane," Steve said, "so it's hours and hours of flight."
"Yeah. All with the sun on our faces," Brandon completed, "so what did you and Clare do?"
The four stared at Steve who felt no embarrassment.
"We talked a little."
"Seriously?" Asked Dylan mischievously.
Steve made a playful face"look, I know how to talk to women".
"We have no doubt Steve," Brenda replied with a smile.
"And then?" Brandon asked.
"Nothing. We went neither forward nor backward. Maybe if someone here wanted to invite her for the summer in L.A., right Kelly?" Steve looked at her but Kelly wasn't paying much attention to what he asked her "Kelly?"
Kelly woke up from her thoughts.
"I said," Steve repeated, "isn't it that anyone wants to invite Clare for the summer? I don't know in the name of old times?"
"Of course why not," she replied sufficiencyly, rummaging into whatever crossed her mind. It was really far away. Brandon occasionally cut her figure with his eyes. It seemed to him that she wanted to escape from one minute to the next. He tried to touch her, to hold her hand. To support her. To convince her to procrastinate the time of the showdown.
"What plans do you have for the summer?" Steve asked Dylan.
"I think we'll go to Ecuador for a while"
"What's stopping you?" Brandon asked.
Brenda and Dylan looked at each other and then decided to reveal that short truth "it seems that Fox is interested in making our musical a TV show. To buy the format."
"Hei is magnificent!" Brandon replied by giving the five to Dylan and his sister.
"Yes it's great, I mean we still have to talk to each other and so on, however the premiere went well who knows the other Shows, who knows maybe it will be a flop and no one will want to buy the idea anymore" Brenda said.
"Don't say nonsense," Steve pointed out, "the show is magnificent. Real life has a lot more imagination than we do."
"Anyway," Dylan filmed, "we have a lot of projects, things to do together."
"You should come and visit your son," Kelly blurted, making everyone turn to her.
"Of course I'm coming," Dylan looked at her with an irritated air.
"Really? When?" Kelly replied "before Ecuador? After that? When?" Kelly was about to pier the embankments.
"Can you tell me what's wrong with you?" Dylan asked her annoyed.
"Do you want to know what problem I have? Let me Know, don't you need the consent of the people you get inspired by to impersonate the lives of real characters?" Kelly held a fiere look.
"Why is there a problem?" Asked Brenda destabilized.
"I don't give you any consent," Kelly replied, quickly taking her hand out of Brandon's grip.
"For what reason?" Brenda asked surprised.
"Because I don't like your show. I'm not the person you represented but I intend to be now. So if you need my consent you will never have it and indeed I will turn to a lawyer."
"Kel" sighed Brandon worriedly. They had talked about it all last night. He knew that personification, that writing had bothered her and almost hurt her but he believed she had found a balance.
"Really Kelly?" Asked Brenda furiously.
"Of course. You want to bring this show all over the world. At FOX. On the right, on the left" Kelly's voice was trembling with anger "how long do you think it will take this shit to get back to me? I have a position. I have a family."
"You're exaggerating Kelly," Dylan blurted out.
Kelly was resolute and electrocuted him with her eyes. He clenched his fists. She had stood up. Her voice was shaking. It was evident that she was holding back her tears.
"Are you ashamed of what exactly?" Brenda asked.
"I don't like my character. What do you make her say. What she does."
"That's exactly what happened," Brenda replied mischievously.
"Okay" Brandon tried to intervene "please..."
"You're the usual envious, bitchy girl" Brenda was even more furious than her and said "when I create something beautiful you have to come and take it away from me somehow" now Brenda was out of control.
"That's Enough" Dylan said.
"I think it's time for me to go boarding, I'm going to look for Sammy" Kelly grabbed her bag quickly and walked away. Brandon tried to stop her. The other three could see them arguing from afar, Brandon trying to stop their run, she walking away quickly.
"Please do you want to stop?" Brandon asked her to follow her closely.
"Leave me alone Brandon."
"Kel" Brandon managed to grab her by the arm "what's wrong with you?"
She did not answer, she was looking at an indefinite point and by now her tears had overcome the barrier.
"Let's go back, let's clarify this."
"I don't want to clarify anything, I just want to leave."
"Okay," sighed Brandon, "at least let's say goodbye and let Steve come too."
"I'm tired of your mediating all the time. Really Tired Brandon,I just want to find my son and leave."
Brandon looked her straight in the eye but Kel's gaze was not on him. Suddenly she saw Sammy in the distance with the Walshs. SHe went to get it. She greeted Jim and Cindy with warmth and trying to hide what had just happened.
Throughout the flight Kel barely spoke and forced herself to deal almost exclusively with Sammy.
"I took a cabin at the Beach Club," Brandon suddenly told her trying to get her attention and a minimum of conversation "I thought we could spend the summer there, when I get out of work we can work on your book and then when Dylan comes to pick up Sammy, we could take a trip."
"A trip where?" Kel asked.
"It's on you. I don't care. But I'm going to work for almost the whole summer but i will have days off, I don't know," Brandon replied, "we could spend them somewhere. Where would you like to go?"
Brandon would have had every reason to be angry with her or annoyed. Several times he had tried to stop her and she hadn't even listened to him. She had insulted him with her eyes. He could have brought up the subject on the plane and basting an argument instead offered her a romantic trip. Something just for the two of them.
"What do you think about Italy?" Kelly asked.
"Italy should be," Brandon replied lying down.
"Bran?" Kelly felt the sudden urge to explain but Bran stopped her much earlier "not on the Kel plane, maybe we'll talk about it at home".
"Which home?" Kel replied.
"What do you mean?" Brandon said.
"Bran" Kelly stopped for a moment and chose the words "we've been back together for almost a year. We have this formula of separate houses. It looks like you don't want to live with me."
"That's not true Kel," Brandon replied, "I thought we agreed about Sammy. Not to be in a hurry."
"Yeah," she replied above thought, "sometimes I think you're afraid," Kel concluded.
"Fear of what?"
"Fear of me. Of how i'm. Of my headshots. Of my indecisions."
"That's not the case," Bran replied.
"So what?"
"Kel" sighed briefly Brandon "the two times I asked you to marry me I did it with good intentions but for the wrong reasons. To hold you back. Because I didn't know how to deal with my mistakes. Not to mention that we broke up both times "Brandon squinted a mischievous wink that made Kelly laugh, finally a smile "here maybe that's just what I'm afraid of, that as soon as we go a step further for some reason things don't go well".
Kel stayed silent then shook her head suddenly.
"What?" Brandon asked.
"Nothing."
"And then," Brandon said, "I honestly don't like being in this situation with my sister. Can we find a way to fix it?"
"Didn't you hear what she told me?"
"I heard."
"And you have nothing to say?"
"I wanted to say something but you didn't want to listen to me."
"It's you who don't listen," she replied.
"Kel I don't want to fight with you."
"Do you know what Brandon? Maybe we better not live together" Kelly's anger had come up again from a hidden and distant place and was reaping on her ground the only person still standing, namely Brandon who felt hurt by that sentence.
"Do you know what Kel?" Brandon said angry "maybe you're really right."
When they got off flight Kel barely spoke. They took the car back and accompanied her home with Sammy.
SHe didn't even look him in the face, she greeted Steve while Sammy who had understood the tension warmly greeted Brandon .
"See you buddy," he said, smiling at him.
"Bye Kel" Brandon said but she didn't answer.
He watched her quickly move home.
"Bad Times are expected Brandon," Steve laughed.
"Yeah," Brandon replied sad and leaving The driveway of the house Taylor