Empty houses

Nat went to the Peach Pit early, he couldn't sleep. Unknown hands had pierced those moments of cheerfulness with an absurd and unexpected tragedy and had no other news.
Little Sammy had been taken away from Jackie's house. Who did it, why and how, was not known. The boys had offered themselves to the little one's parents to lend a hand in any way they thought it useful; but there wasn't even time to record their outstretched hand, the quartet had rushed out to get the cars to rush to Mrs. Taylor's house. They sat, astonished, ammutolithic, watching the dessert on the table served for a few minutes and wondering what really had happened and what would happen in the next few hours.
"Guys, don't you think it's time to go, try to understand, give help?" Valerie was used to acting, she wanted to attack the situation.
"It doesn't seem like a good idea to me – for the first time that evening David spoke to her, in this way also addressing his wife and Steve – there will already be the police to take care of the investigation; Kelly and Dylan will be very tried, there are Brenda and Brandon with them. We would just get in the way"
"So we're here eating the cake?" Val replied.
"Right now yes, there's nothing else we can do; I'll call Brenda tomorrow morning to understand more and...and then let's see."
Steve took his cell phone out of his pocket to read Janet's message, there was no more idyll to ruin "I gave up the accountant, maybe I'm getting everything wrong; I need to see you."
That message, far from ruin-sunte, shook Sanders. At first he felt guilty, then felt the urge to do something. To go and see what was going on.
"I have to go" and he snapped up.
"Where are you going?" Valerie asked him.
"I'll call you later" and he came out of the club, leaving the three. Valerie followed him instinctively.
"You don't even have the car, we came with mine."
"I know, I'll call a taxi and go get the Corvette back."
"But can you tell me where you're going?"
"At Dylan's House"
"I'm with you"
"Not even for a dream, taxi!" The yellow car stopped and Steve got on board.
Valerie was cold on the sidewalk watching the car run away to an empty house.