My love. My life

That morning it was full of sunshine.
Casa Walsh was decorated with white calle, lilies, wheat and inserts of red flowers.
Brandon buttoned the cufflinks his father had given him. He fixed his hair with a little gel.
He wore the black tuxedo.
Cindy was agitated. A light peach-colored dress. Hair well arranged with flowers. The make up that went down for the emotion of that day. Cindy retained an ancient beauty that the years did not diminish.
"Mom, don't worry," Brandon gave her a kiss.
"Of course... of course," she replied without believing it.
The bride's room was a way of hairdressers, makeup artists, and friends.
Her dress was in Rendigote style with a tie around the neck, the worked bodice and a wide skirt, it had been made by Donna. A wonderful dress, full of precious details. Brenda sat in front of the mirror and looked at herself for the first time with the veil.
She was enchanted. By herself. By how life changes. By how in an instant a light filter can enter the cracks of the heart.
Kelly was sitting on the bed. The pregnancy almost at the end did not allow her to stay too standing.
Brenda looked at her reflected in the mirror.
"Thank you for lending me your house," he told her.
"It's always your home," Kelly replied.
"No, not anymore, now it's yours and we couldn't have chosen better hands," Brenda replied.
Kelly smiled "so how do you feel?"
"Happy , in disbelief... I'm about to marry the love of my life... and until yesterday it seemed impossible ... God this day. All like that.." Brenda doesn't finish the sentence.
The seamstress returned to the room to fix Kelly's dress, already reworked several times due to the growing belly.
"I'm about to explode and there are still three weeks left."
"I find you enlightened. Beautiful," Bren replied, looking at her.
"Thank you," Kelly saidShyly " Bren.."
"Yeah..."
"Maybe it's not the right time or it's the best ever but I wanted to give you this" Kel pulled out a sheet of paper.
"What is it? Brenda asked.
"The authorization for the show. Signed."
"Seriously Kel?"
"Seriously, you know I sent the email and it's not a surprise, but I wanted you to have it in your hands" she smiled "I don't know if things between us can ever return as before, in short, when we think it's okay, something happens, but in the end we always come out of it. We are not all pink. But Bren..." didn't finish the sentence she got teary
Brenda got up and went to hug her also because Kel had a hard time moving.
"Thank you," Brenda repeated.
"You're wonderful," Jim told her when he was allowed to enter, "you're all wonderful."
And they were. They really were. Brenda had a simple makeup that exalted her cerulean eyes. And the dress reinforced the girl's sophisticated aura.
Kelly left alone father and daughter "I'm going to look for Brandon and Sammy" she touched Jim's arm before leaving the room.
"Are you ready?" Jim asked her.
"So ready ," she said.
Photographs followed in the garden, with Kelly, Donna and Andrea. All in lilac light pastel. Three different clothes.
Brandon squeezed his sister to himself for the photo along with him.
"Dylan is a lucky man," he whispered in her ear and Brenda laughed "how do you feel?"
"Happy," she replied, "after everything we've been through."
The twins tightened, as they had held on tight on windy days.
"What about you?"
Brandon glanced at Kelly and smiled at her.
"Happy," he replied.
"It's going to be up to you sooner or later."
"Kelly and I are fine like this for now, you know how to talk about marriage has never brought us luck and we start to become superstitious, and then the little one is coming. Maybe we'll think about it later."
"Yeah," Brenda sighed.
Brandon took Kelly with him. He was particularly caring. More than usual. And Kelly let him do it. She loved Brandon's protection and had felt like she was drowning on the days she had been without.
"Let's go princess," he told her, kissing her gently.
"Yes, really a princess," she said ironically.
Brandon kissed her and said "you're wonderful."
They shook hands and Brandon help her get in the car "We're going to church and we're waiting for you there."
Brenda's car arrived shortly after.
The journey was made by holding the hand of that father who had helped her get out of the ugliest moment of her life anyway. They held hands and said nothing.
When the bride arrived the church bells rang.
"I need a minute dad," Brenda said staring out that day.
"Okay," he smiled.
Everyone sided in the church. Dylan in a dark dress was waiting near the altar and his three best men were placed next to him. Brandon, Steve and David. All in black with an boutonniere that recalled the decorations of the church.
Brandon smiled at Dylan and he was evidently excited. His brother was back. The wire had joined just at the moment before it was torn apart forever. Another miracle from Nat.
"Will she come?" Dylan asked Brandon.
"Eh.. you know Brenda, always a surprise," Brandon joked. They shook hands and then Dylan pulled it to himself. He held Brandon tight in a hug that moved both of them. When he left him, they both wiped away their tears.
Iris stood up to fix Dylan's button placket.
"Mom..." he said nervously.
"Okay.. ok.." she replied "I'm going to sit down."
He was actually pleased that Iris took care of him, those little things he had always seen others do. Small, stupid, giant things from parents.
The church was decorated with alternate rows of candles inside glass bowls and flower compositions on all the benches that wrapped around the side.
The doors opened and Sammy and Maddy came in elegantly in their formal clothes. Under the eyes of Janet and Steve, Maddy spread colorful petals on the steps that would be of the bride and Sammy brought the wedding rings triumphantly.
Finally at ease in the happiness of his parents and unaware of how much his lie had created problems. Solved through dialogue and patience. Through understanding, explanation. Sammy's fears were filed. Made less angular.
It was Donna the first maid of Honor Who came in that Ethan called mom as soon as he entered arousing general hilarity, to follow Andrea and Kelly to the arm of JT wearing a very elegant tuxedo made for him.
Brandon watched her approach the altar to JT's arm and they smiled at each other.
Then played the wedding march and that's when Brenda made her entrance to church in her father's arm.
Dylan was moved, could barely look at her, and Brandon touched his arm. We are here. We are all here.
When Brenda came in front of him he kissed her on the forehead.
"You are wonderful"
"You too."
The priest cleared his voice.
"Who gives in marriage This woman?"
"His mother and me" Jim said, placing Brenda's hand in Dylan's and going to settle down next to Cindy in tears. In the other row, Jack and Iris were united for a day for the sake of their son. And they still remembered the shadow of a love that had been lost but that had to be really powerful.
The two spouses turned to the altar.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the love between this man and this woman" began the priest "between Brenda and Dylan, a love that has passed all trials and had the courage and strength to get here before us and before God" then continued "If one falls the other lifts him up. This teaches us the Bible and this is what Brenda and Dylan teach us, theirs is a story also made of separations, but it is a story also made of a rare and unconditional love and support. When one fell the other was there. Do you know a deeper love than this?"
The celebration went on in the total silence of the moved guests, of Cindy holding on to Jim, of Brandon and Kelly looking at each other and smiling.
"Brenda and Dylan will now read their promises.
Dylan took a piece of paper out of his pocket.
"It's a poem by Wystan Hugh Auden" he smiled and began to recite it with his scratched voice that moved Brenda.
How many ways do I love you? Let it count. I love you in the high, in the vast, in the depths to which the soul tends when, feeling unseen, it extends to the confines of Being and the Ideal Grace. I love you in the most modest daily use, from the sun to the candle.
Like those who fight for Justice I love you, free. As whoever flees honors, I love you, pure. With the passion of ancient pains I love you and with childish faith. I love you with the love I thought was lost with my lost saints, – I love you with my breath, laughter, the cries of my whole life! – and, God comfort me, I will love you better after death. I will always love you as I loved you even before you were born.
He folded the paper and smiled at her.
Andrea gave Brenda her promises, she cleared her voice:
I carry your heart with me I carry it in mine I never share it. Where I go, you come too, my beloved; whatever is done by me, you do it too. I'm not afraid of fate because my fate is you. I don't want the world, because mine, the most beautiful, the most true is you. This is our deep root secret of all the bud roots of all shoots and sky of the skies of a tree called life, which grows higher than the soul hopes, and the mind hides. This is the wonder that separates the stars. I carry your heart with me, I carry it in mine. It has always been so and always so it will be– E. E. CUMMINGS
It was time for the rings. Brandon unrved them from Sammy's pillow and handed them to Dylan.
The minister continued:
Dearest Brenda and Dylan,
You came together in the Father's house,
Because your decision to join in Marriage
Receive his seal and consecration,
In front of the Minister of the Church and in front of the community.
You are already consecrated through your Love and now God blesses you and strengthens you with the sacrament of the wedding,
So that you love each other with faithful and inexhaustible love
And assume the duties of Marriage responsibly.
Dylan kissed the ring intended for Brenda and looked her in the eye.
"I Dylan, take you, Brenda, as my bride.
With the grace of God
I promise to be faithful to you always,
In joy and pain,
In health and disease,
And to love and honor you
Every day of my life.
You who are my love, my life, my wife.
It was Brenda's time.
"I Brenda, take you, Dylan, as my groom.
With the grace of God
I promise to be faithful to you always,
In joy and pain,
In health and disease,
And to love and honor you
Every day of my life.
You who are my love, my life, my husband.
The rings were tucked into their finger and sealed that love that didn't need rings anyway.
"From now you are husband and wife" then addressed the guests "I introduce you Mr. and Mrs. McKay. You can kiss the bride."
The kiss was a riot of joy. The conclusion of a long journey, which began with a move from Minnesota, which went through farewells and returns, through everything that had then brought them back to that one day.
"I love you," Brenda told him before leaving the church and being overwhelmed by petals and laughter.
"I love you and always I will"he replied.
The doors of the church opened wide. Mr. and Mrs. McKay were taking their first steps in the world.
The reception was set up in an outdoor in the Californian countryside. The green grass married the care of flowers. The round tables placed under a woven veil. The lights hung. Candles everywhere.
The live orchestra sounded cheerful.
The noisy guests drank champagne set around the bride and groom's table of honor.
The chairs lined in white. The white tables. The silver cutlery. The important floral arrangements in the center of the tables.
The kids were running from one side to the other.
"Are you all right?" Brandon told Kelly as she asked him to sit down a little.
She put a hand on his face.
"Yes," she replied with a smile.
"At least we don't have to dance," he said ironically to her.
"And who says so.. I'm pregnant but I always have time for the dance" she handed him the hand he took.
And they added to the other couples who were already vaulting in the set up patio.
"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks him by placing his forehead on hers.
"Do you know what I love about you among other things?"
"What?" He asked B.
"The fact that you protect me."
He smiled "am i a monster... isn't ti?" he made her take a ride on herself and took her back in her arms.
"A lovely worried monster. ,And you've improved a lot in the dance too," Kelly said "i'm impressed l
"David gave me lessons," Bran said and Kelly laughed, "and I'm getting ready for our wedding, and for our life. I never want you to sit and wait for me to take you to dance again."
They kissed gently.
Brenda and Dylan walked around between the tables and saw Joan near Cindy.
Brenda ran to hug her.
"Thank you for coming," she told her.
"Nat wouldn't be missing for anything in the world," she said sadly, "I'm happy to be here, for him too."
The orchestra continued to play and Dylan saw Brandon on the dance floor.
"I can't believe Walsh!"
"Are you jelous?" Brandon was joking.
Dylan and Brenda also joined the others, hugged each other together and unleashed more rhythmy dances.
"Oh! Not for me," Kelly said, who was taken back to the table by Brandon.
The candles lit up that spring night. A hot evening. Wonderful. of a wonderful which silent all in peace.
The time came for the toast of the witnesses.
Brandon stood up in total silence.
"Dylan and Brenda. I had prepared a long speech to describe what your love is, how far it has come and how many difficulties it has encountered and that we partly shared" he turned to Kelly who shook his hand " but the truth is that you Dylan, you are my brother, you have been from the first day, the person who knows how to hold me, knows how to make me think. And I will always owe you. For every single day you have done and will be part of my life, and our family. I'm glad Brenda chose you. And when and if you need me I will always be here. Never again will I let anything separate us" then she turned to Brenda "you are wonderful Brenda. Seeing you here today happy bride is part of my dream. We are twins. We are brothers inside. I know how much you are in love, I know every day of your love, which is like water: fill and dig, until you pierce the hard stone. Until you find new exit. I wish you every happiness. Always. For every single day. And I'll leave the word to my Kelly."
Kelly got up and took the chalice.
"Brenda and Dylan me.. me.." Kelly's face closed in a grimace of pain, he widened his arm and grabbed Brandon's, who stood up.
"What's going on?"
Kelly bent in pain "I think I just broke the waters."
"What?"
"Oh God" said Brenda.
They all got up and Andrea flung towards her.
She looked at the ground.
"Yeah she broke the waters," she said, "we have to go to the hospital."
"What?" Brandon was in a panic , he couldn't take control, and was taken by Dylan "breathe Brandon, breathe" he made fun of him.
Steve rushed to his car with Kelly heading for labor supported by Andrea.
"There's no place for you, Kel must be lying down," Andrea told Brandon.
"Brandon!" Kelly's voice was sore she didn't want to separate from him.
"I'm coming to the hospital" he shouted behind "I'll reach you there"
"Let's go Romeo," Dylan told him and got him into the car with the words just married.
They rushed to the emergency room with all the jars attached.
"What a mess," Dylan said, but Brandon wasn't listening to him. Dylan shook his hand "it's going to be fine you'll see," he told Brandon.
"Oh God," Brandon replied. They looked at each other, smiled.
Brenda still dressed as a bride settled behind them.
'The party can go on!' Iris and Jack announced that they remained on the spot.
When they arrived at the emergency room Andrea came to pick up Brandon to take him to Kelly's room.
"How is she doing?"
"It's dilated by two centimeters, but it's the second child it's going to do quickly. Now stand here and help her," he put his hand on Kelly's.
"Hei"
"Hei," he replied, "I'm here."
"Beautiful surprise party," she said, "your sister will be furious," she laughed.
"No it's out here. Everyone is there."
Kelly made another grimace of pain and this panicked Brandon.
"Brandon you have to stay calm. You have to count the distance between one contraction and another and you have to love this woman who is about to make you a father. Are we clear Walsh?" Said Andrea.
"We are clear chief."
"It's late for the epidural Kel," Andrea told her, "I'm sorry, you'll have to do it yourself."
"Great," she said ironically.
Andrea smiled "I'll be back soon."
Brandon sat closer to her.
"Tell me what I can do."
"Nothing," she smiled, "with what we've been through for me is all having you here."
Brenda and Dylan came in at that moment, dressed as newlyweds.
"I'm sorry," Kelly said to Brenda.
Brenda smiled "you will want to joke about my nephew or my niece who is born on my wedding day. An anniversary and birthday sealed forever. How are you?"
"Not very well but I already know how it will go. Your brother instead" and she rolled her eyes upwards laughing "I don't know if he'll make it."
Brenda laughed shaking her hand.
"Male" they said in chorus.
"He'll be fine," Brenda whispered in Kelly's ear "because he has you. Whatever you need we're out," Brenda said.
Dylan kissed Kelly on the forehead and received a reassuring smile, put a hand on Brandon's shoulder and then helped Brenda get out of the room with all her dress.
"You can't say we don't have an unforgettable wedding." Smiled Brenda to Dylan.
"And you haven't seen the night yet," he replied, biting her ear.
"Yeah," Brenda said, kissing him.
"Brandon," Kelly shouted.
"What? Another contraction?".
Brandon stopped time. Three minutes.
"Okay," Andrea said as she returned to the room with the midwife and Spencer, "let's see where we are."
They gave a quick check "you're going fast Kel. You go very well."
"Oh my God," she said in a grimace of pain.
Spencer patted Brandon on the back "Mr. Walsh, His son or daughter is coming soon."
Brandon was excited. She continued to kiss Kelly's hand and suffer along with her.
Jim and Cindy also briefly greeted Kel and then the visits interrupted.
Complete dilation.
"Here we go," Doc Spencer said, "you have to start pushing, Kelly".
Doc Spencer had not asked herself any questions when in subsequent visits, Walsh arrived in McKay's place and was marked as the child's father. A bit because Andrea said it was complicated but that it was Brandon the father. And as it seemed bad to her to delete a card leaving a trace of what had been difficult she decided to open a new one and thought that this two guys were Both hot
She wasn't even surprised when she saw Mr. McKay out in a wedding dress with the bride.
"It's really a complicated thing," she hissed to Andrea.
"Yeah," she said.
"Okay Kelly, here we go is the last effort. The last push. I see the head."
"I can't do it," Kelly said exhausted.
"Yes you can do it" Brandon was excited, and shook her hand even more.
Kelly tried hard for the last time. A scream that stretched out. A way to the light that gave life to a baby.
"She's a little girl!" Exclaimed Andrea taking the little one.
'Oh God!' He exclaimed Brandon and kissed an exhausted Kelly on the lips "thank you".
The little one had a pink complexion and few traces of light hair.
Brandon followed her in the cleaning. She was weighed. She was checked.
"It's all right Mr. Walsh," the pediatrician told him who wrapped the little girl in the blanket and handed her in his arms. Brandon was shocked by what he had just witnessed. He was holding his daughter in his arms and it seemed like a miracle to him. One of those you don't know why you're so blessed. Brandon began to cry, and it was rare to see B's certainties show cracks, and this moved Kelly, because Brandon never cried, never gave in, and instead was helpless in front of his daughter.
A small, tiny little being who came into the world to shed light. As soon as he was in Brandon's arms, the little girl stopped crying and stared at him. The eyes of children you never know what color they are, but those of her daughter promised paternal blue. She was staring at him because he was crying. The two simply had an immediate connection.
It was Brandon who took her to Kelly's. They were both in tears. It was like closing one chapter forever and opening another.
"Hey baby look there's mom. She looks like you," he said to Kelly, stroking her hair.
At that moment Dr. Spencer approached.
"Then Mr. Walsh and Kelly, What do we want to call this wonderful little girl?"
Kelly and Brandon looked at each other.
"Grace," Brandon said.
"Grace Nathalie Walsh" completed Kelly.
"A Marvellous name," Spencer smiled as she wrote it in a nice copy on the birth certificate she signed.
Welcome into the world Grace.