End of the summer

The days were all the same at the Beach Club, but Steve didn't mind. They were peaceful days and so that routine was very pleasant. Every day he took Maddy to the sea and shared her time with Clare, Donna and David. Every now and then Andrea also peeked at the beach, but rarely, since many colleagues had gone on vacation in the hospital and she, being the last arrival, had to cover many more shifts than usual, deserting the beach. Donna and David had offered to take Hannah with them, and Andrea had gratefully accepted, so as to prevent her daughter from brutalising herself in front of the laptop and TV. The girl, on the other hand, had been much more related to the "aunts and uncles" and appeared less impatient than in the past. Andrea's absence made Steve less embarrassed, he had rediscovered his feeling for Clare and didn't have to hide it in any way. With Zuckerman the relationship had been clear from the beginning, no exclusivity. But despite this, a few jealous glances, in those rare times the woman was at the beach, had been caught by Sanders, who regularly took Maddy in his arms away in search of some "interesting fish". Which instead amused Clare. She had always been more mature than Sanders and continued to prove it.
On Saturday morning Steve was at the beach at a good time, obviously with little Maddy; the Silvers arrived shortly after, with Hannah.
Steve was about to follow David and Ethan for a little sea bath, when his the phone rang "It's Brandon, hello Walsh, how are you?! Eh, I guess, is it hot? Here too; how is Sicily? Well, I'm glad; Kelly how is she ? Perfect. McKay is also having fun, I just heard him a couple of days ago. Okay, yes, – the Walshs greet you; Brandon was excited about the trip, maybe they'll never come back."
"I guess," Donna smiled.
"Sicily is beautiful, I've been there twice," Clare said.
"Twice?"
"Yes, it's beautiful and great, I dedicated the first trip to visiting the eastern part and the second to see the beauties of the west."
"I didn't know there was so much to see in Italy," Donna said.
"Um, Donna, I'm talking about Sicily, the largest island in the Mediterranean, as well as the largest Italian region; but ten trips would not be enough to see the beauties that have in Italy."
"Excuse me, Miss teacher," Donna replied sarcastically.
"I'll tell you, it would be enough to lay down the fashion magazine to browse a geography book."
"But she wouldn't be so beautiful and glad "Steve intruded, who felt tension between the two girls.
"Thank you honey," Donna smiled at him.
"I'm going to get something to drink, would you like something?" Clare asked
"An ice tea please," Donna asked.
"I'll come with you" Steve said.
"But you were not going into the water with David?"
"Clare is more pleasant" and he put his arm around her shoulder.
"Adulator" Clare smiled at him, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"steve doesn't seem to want to give up anything." Hannah said the first words of the day.
"The relationship with Clare has always been special; Donna said to the girl.
"Maybe" Hannah answered annoyed.
Steve and Clare came back shortly after.
"Here's tea and beer for everyone"
"I needed it" David welcomed him;
"A little while ago Brandon called from Italy, he greets you"
"Ah thanks, when are they coming back?"
"I think in two or three days"
"What about Dylan and Brenda?"
"Shortly after"
"Will they sharpen the axe again?" Asked David
"I hope not, I hope these holidays have relaxed everyone's minds... indeed, everyone." Answered Steve
"Women." Said David
"Yeah, but I think Kelly will capitulate and everything will end up for the best"
"We hope you're right."
Three days later
Kelly kept talking about their trip to Sicily. She had taken silk scarves for the girls who were enthusiastic about them and couldn't bring anything but a few Sweets.
"And for our boys This traditonal hat named Coppola. One for you too Sammy."
"Oh my God!" Exclaimed David "I love It."
Everyone tried their own. Different in color.
"I don't think you've ever seen anything like it, I've seen Greek temples, Roman ruins, Norman," said Kelly "good apart from Clare" who smiled satisfied with her scarf around her neck.
"And these sweets.." said Donna ecstatic eating another couple.
"How I missed you," Clare said in a moment of nostalgia, "and in a few days I have to leave you."
"Why don't you stay?," Steve said without thinking.
Clare smiled sad.
"Why don't we go to Lake Whitney? Let's go camping like in the old days," Dylan proposed.
Andrea lit up with enthusiasm "like when?"
"Tomorrow."
"Steve," ordered Dylan, "you think about renting the van, let's go shopping. Let's get something ready and get started."
"Are you serious?" Brandon asked.
'I've Never been more serious,' Dylan replied.
"Yes, I think it's serious," Brenda said to her brother.
"Guys," Dylan suggested, "it's the end of summer. Clare will leave. Brenda and I will be back in London. Our lives will separate us shortly. Let's do something beautiful. Let's do it together."
'Yes!' Sammy was the most enthusiastic of all.
"Why not," Brandon said looking at the others.
The tasks were divided. It wasn't easy to organize for so many people in a short time.
Kelly's house was chosen as a meeting place and departure for everyone, because it was right in the center of a crossroads of the houses of others and not far from the highway. Sammy was jumping for joy. He had returned different from the trip to Ecuador. More confident, less shy, and he had morbidly attached himself to his father.
He had told her mother and Brandon about this little girl, Blanca.
"How beautiful mom was. A nice little girl and always smiled. And they didn't have shoes."
Kelly and Brandon listened to him attentively, and glanced at each other.
Hannah hated the idea of having to spend a whole day with her mother's weird friends. She had already been in a bad mood, worse than usual.
"Too bad Maddy left this week. She would have had a lot of fun."
"Where did Janet take her?" Kelly asked.
"In Mexico with his friend."
Kel smiled at him.
"It's not easy for anyone," he said, looking at Dylan.
They still spent a wonderful day.
Talking about things to do.
But they retired quite early.
Sammy was in his father's arms.
"Sleep with us dad?" The child asked.
Brenda who was just behind stared at Dylan's nape his silhouette and touched her belly . Maybe she wouldn't have waited for London to tell him.
"If it's okay with mom," Dylan turned around, "it's okay with you, Bren?"
She nodded.
Brenda grabbed Brandon's arm
"I'm going to sleep with another man tonight," she joked glancing Dylan
Kelly was also looking at Brandon and he nodded that there was no problem. She smiled at him.
Brenda saw Dylan, Kelly and Sammy walk away together and get in the car. Like a family.
SHe saw them laughing and chatting as they walked away.
She tried to keep my breathing calm.
It was nothing. They were just fears that didn't scare her anymore.
That evening Sammy collapsed very soon.
"We have a lot of things to prepare," Kelly said.
"Everything is quite done. I'm going out to call Brenda," Dylan told him and she nodded.
Kelly's phone rang just after. Brandon.
"Hey.I haven't finished making the fruit salad and I put a lot of things in the fridge... yes, Sammy is sleeping, he's so happy. I'll go to take a Bath yes like the ones you do to me you do " laughed Kel " 'maybe when we get back from the campsite I'll do it again... actually Brenda told us about something today. That's right.. yes. The issue of marriage. Maybe we should really deal with it in another way.. now he is sleeping.. but it's something to do before D leaves. Yes. I love you too. I miss you. See you tomorrow," Kel hung up and Dylan went back inside.
"Do you want an help?" Dylan asked her.
"No thanks, I have done ," she smiled.
"Then I'm going to sleep with Sammy."
Sammy at that moment had appeared in tears at the door.
"What happened to you Buddy?"
"A bad dream."
He was immediately greeted by the arms of his mother and father.
"I don't want to sleep in my room there are monsters."
"There are no monsters," Kel replied.
"Yes there are."
"Okay," Dylan said, picking him up, "let's go do an anti- monster inspection."
"I'm going to take a bath," Kel told him.
SHe went upstairs and plunged into the bathtub. SHe took care of the skin by applying creams. SHe put a drop of perfume. SHe put on a silky white robe.
When she went to her masterroom and a he found Sammy and Dylan.
"He wants to sleep with you."
"Okay," Kel replied, "come on in."
"I want dad too, I want to be with both of you."
Kelly and Dylan looked at each other.
"For once mom. Please. As we were before."
Dylan suggested to Kelly that as soon as he fell asleep he would go downstairs. It wasn't a problem.
All three of them slipped into bed. Sammy seemed at peace with the world and fell asleep early enough.
"We have to deal with this wedding thing with him," Kelly said leaning on her side as she watched Dylan.
"He doesn't have to believe Brenda will be your replacement."
"No in fact," Kel replied then looked at him, then she smiled at him "and so you get married..."
"Yeah, would you ever have believed that?"
"No," she replied with a smile, "but people change."
"Yeah"he smiled, then immediately got serious "sorry Kel, for what I couldn't give you. For leaving you alone."
"That's really goodbye."
"And it is. A kind of goodbye."
"I thank you for everything," Kelly smiled, "and you have to Know... it doesn't hurt to me to let you go"
"Are you in love Kelly?"
"deeply, But I think I've always loved Brandon"
"Yeah, I've always known, maybe that's why it never worked between us, because we were in love with the idea of us but we loved other people in our hearts"
"It's really a Goodbye"
The two looked at each other intensely and exchanged a kiss. She stroked him on the face and smiled at him. Another kiss on their lips to say Goodbye.
The night starts like this. The last of the summer.
Rewiew please