Broken souls

Please note that the medical procedures or information in this story is purely a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real-life events is a coincidence that absolutely does not want to hurt anyone if it happens I apologize. From my point of view it is and remains a writing of a story.
"Dr. Zuckerman!" The surgeon called her quickly. She hurried the step. And she opened the swingarm with her back.
"Dr. Ferguson" she said quickly.
Together they came in to wash and dress room.
"What do we have?"
"Woman, 28 years old, weight about 50 kg, pregnant, about 9 weeks from ultrasound measurements, has multiple trauma, facial, chest and abdominal trauma from road accident, found unconscious, 50/80 stable pressure."
They took the soap and the nurses helped her put on the Surgical gown by knotting it to the waist.
"So sure there's a massive hemorrhage," Andrea said.
"We don't know where" confirmed Dr. Ferguson "now let's open and see, we can't do anything else."
The nurse helped Andrea wear her double gloves and tie her surgical mask.
Andrea entered the operating room and greeted the team present. The instrumentalist. The surgeon's help.
Ferguson wanted some classical music he helped him concentrate and honestly didn't bother Andrea. He was a good surgeon, divorced, not handsome, a scholar. A true scholar of thoracic surgery. Anyone on the operating table could consider himself lucky.
She positioned herself behind the woman's head with her face swollen due to the trauma she suffered.
"Honey, you can do it," she whispered, stroking her head.
Andrea checked her vital parameters, and began the first Administration of anesthetic, regular beat, stable pressure, took the folder to insert the administration just carried out. Patient's name: Brenda Walsh.
"Oh my God," Andrea exclaimed.
The whole team turned to her.
"Is everything okay, Zuckermann? Any problems?" Ferguson asked.
Andrea had a moment of loss, she knew the patient but they were not relatives, oh my god Brenda. Andrea's gaze got completely foggy .. The noises were muffled for a few seconds. She could clearly feel her heartbeat along with Brenda's.
Andrea regained control.
"Dr. Zuckerman?" Ferguson was waiting for an answer.
"No problem, sorry, we can start first administration done."
She approached Brenda's ear "don't give up, I'm here, but you don't give up, because I couldn't live with such a weight. Please Bren."
It didn't take long for Andrea to realize that the situation was critical, Brenda had constant pressure collapses and arrhythmias.
"The child is lost," Ferguson said brutally.
Andrea closed her eyes and immediately take them open. She took a look at the parameters. They were good Enough.
"She has an injury to the uterus and continues to lose blood. There must be something else, keep aspiring," Ferguson ordered.
Chopin's song spread inside the hall began to be a real nightmare. Andrea had been lost inside those desperate notes. She had to tell Brandon. She had to call him. They were looking for her everywhere.
She thought back to the image of Brenda running down the stairs of the Taylor house. She was opening the door. Dylan begging her. Kelly overwhelmed by herself. Brandon was mask.
Suddenly the pressure began to plummet. The alarm bells rang uninterrupted. The heartbeat slowed sharply until it stopped in an atrocious continuous line.
Don't give up Brenda.
A few hours later
Brandon was just sitting in the waiting room. He was broken. Broken in the face. Broken inside. He waited like the others. A little further Steve and Clare sat close but did not dare to approach. They didn't know what to tell him. How you can handle a person who no longer has foundation, anything seems redundant. Useless. Humiliating. David arrived shortly after.
"What's new?"
"No, none. We are waiting for Andrea. We only know that she came out of the operating room and.."
"The conditions are not good. Brandon had to call his parents . They are coming."
"Dylan and Kelly are also coming."
Steve pulled his head up very quickly.
"You're joking I hope."
"I was with them with Donna and Ethan when you called me, what could I do."
David seemed unarmed "I'm sorry."
He let himself fall sitting next to them "I can't believe what happened. First find them in bed together, Dylan and Brandon beating each other. And now Brenda."
"They never deny themselves," Steve said, "I say if they want to be together what's the point of destroying people in this way," he looked at Brandon with his head in his hands and decided to approach. He put his hand on his shoulder and they didn't say anything. Brandon didn't even move.
Cindy had screamed in pain on the phone and for Brandon it had been heartbreaking. Something had torn even more into him than when Andrea had been able to contact him by Clare's phone. They were looking for Brenda. They were sifting through places without a precise destination. He was hoping to find her.
Dylan and Kelly came together at that time. Kelly had a pale face almost terrified of moving those steps.
Steve intercepted them before they approached.
"Maybe it's not a good idea McKay."
But Dylan was a mask of pain and worry.
"Leave me," he said, overtaking Steve. Brandon didn't even look at him. Nor him. Neither her. . He had heard their voices. He had distinguished her well. But he didn't have the strength.
Dylan was also badly reduced in his face. He had a swollen eye and a swollen mouth.
"Mr. Walsh?" A policeman in uniform showed up.
Brandon raised his head but seemed to have a selective view that allowed him to rule out what neither his eyes nor his heart wanted to see.
"It's me," he said.
The policeman approached him and Steve approached them.
"Mr. Walsh, we realize the moment and we are very sorry to bother you but we need to notify you of the cargo records of your car with the address In which It is at now. The deposit is at your expense for each day of rest."
Brandon looked him and the officer immediately noticed the marks on his face, just like the other man at the entrance."
"How did the accident happen?" Brandon asked.
"The dynamics are quite clear Mr. Walsh. Yout sister lost control of the vehicle. Probably something crossed the road because we found signs of braking. The car is destroyed."
Brandon gave no voice to any emotion.
He didn't care about the car.
"Here" resumed the policeman "you can sign here". Brandon made a couple of signatures without looking and withdrew his copies.
Andrea left the ward with a terrible air.
"Andrea.." sighed Brandon with a choked voice.
"She is stable" she smiled at him as soon as "we have to see how the night goes, but we took her back. Now she is sedated. She suffered a fracture in her leg and ribs.. and..."
Brandon narrowed his eyes.
"And what?"
"She had serious injuries to the uterus. She lost the baby."
Those words just spoken made the whole world tremble.
"Baby? Was Brenda pregnant?" Brandon was shocked. A little further on, Dylan's desperate scream was heard.
"Let me see her" Dylan tried to get close to the entrance doors but Steve got involved against him and so did the police officer.
Dylan was a terrible fury. Steve couldn't contain him.
"Sir calm down" the agent's colleague had rushed to help. They kept Dylan on the ground.
Kelly watched the scene and it seemed to her that it wasn't real. That she would wake up with Brandon next to her, that he would smile at her.
"Okay, I'm calm," Dylan said with his face on the floor. Dylan was also split.
"Mr. Walsh," said the agent, "Do the injuries to your face have to do with this man? Do you want to file a complaint?"
That was the only moment Brandon looked at Dylan on the ground and Dylan looked at him. It was an atrocious moment. For everyone.
Then Brandon shook his head.
"No," he replied.
The officer helped Dylan get up and gave him back the document " you Mr. McKay? Do you want to file a complaint?"
Dylan looked at Brandon who had now returned to sit with his head in his hands.
"No agent," he said in a voice choked by crying.
That no, made Brandon's head raise towards Dylan"please can you go away. I don't want you to stay here," B told him.
For some reason he could hold Dylan's gaze but he had never tried to look at Kelly. Yet he felt she was close to him.
She tried to get closer by touching his arm.
Brandon turned his head and really looked at her for the first time.
"For me and Brenda you two do not exist and will never exist again."
He was very hard, unrecognizable. So much so that Clare felt compelled to retrieve Kelly and take her a few steps back. Kelly left her grip in his arm and it was like taking her heart as a child from the middle of her chest. It was a shielded look.
Kelly began to cry. A silent cry.
But Brandon hasn't been listening to her for much longer. It wasn't him anymore.
"Please Sir can you drive this man away and this woman too," Brandon said bluntly, "they are not part of the family, there's no reason for them to stay here."
"Brandon!" Andrea's voice was shocked and he turned to her.
"These two people here don't come in or I will sue the whole hospital. They are not entitled to any information. They are no longer entitled to anything, have I been clear Dr. Zuckerman?" He said going back to sit down.
Then he turned to the Dylan who almost didn't stand up in despair "for you two we are dead, for you we don't exist anymore. Neither I nor Brenda, you got what you wanted, now go away," he turned to Kelly but he couldn't say anything. He had pain at the bottom of his throat and could feel it go up when he looked at her. These words definitively broke any little piece attached to Dylan's bones.
He let himself be accompanied by the police outside with Kelly. Both were shocked under the eyes of their friends, who were perhaps no longer such. The officers didn't know what to say, they had been stunned by Walsh's coldness which was evidently new to everyone.
Brenda was pregnant. His baby. A creature he didn't know anything about. He had to sit on the steps of the hospital. Dylan held up the pain in a new way, which he couldn't cope with. There was only Kelly next to him. Broken as much as he. Breathless like him. Alienated. Lost. It was atrocious.