Welcome party

Dylan and Sammy sat together in front of the steps of the Mckay house. Brandon watched them from the kitchen window along with his sister.
"It doesn't seem right to me that Kelly isn't here," Brandon said, taking a sip of the wine her sister had just offered him.
"He doesn't want to see her and I honestly understand that. Maybe it will take a while but you'll see that it will pass," Brenda shrugged.
"Yes, but we are a family. You're my sister and Kelly my partner, haven't we been divided enough yet?"
"The important thing," Brenda said, "is taking care of Sammy now. It was shocking news for him. His world has totally changed. By the way, how are you doing with him?"
Brandon's eyes landed on the little boy "With me well, let's get to know each other but he says he can't call me dad and frankly I understand that. How could he? He doesn't know me."
"Kids are resilient Bran, as I said it's just a matter of time."
"Yeah," Brandon smiled weakly.
"What I would like," Brenda added, "is that you didn't leave Kelly alone as you're doing."
Brandon looked at her "What are you talking about, I'm back home, you know."
"Yes, but are you really with her? Did you forgive her?"
Brandon took a few seconds "yes" he replied "I think yes"
"Kelly said you talk barely to her at home, that you avoid her. That since you know about Sammy, you don't even touch her."
"Did she tell you about this too?"
"Yes," Brenda sighed, "Dylan doesn't want to have anything to do with her, neither do you."
"It's not easy"
"You wanted to go home Brandon, don't play with her feelings."
"Really Bren? It was me to play with her feelings..?"
"Go further Brandon, as fast as possible, she needs you, your kids need you. So stay with her. Love her."
Brandon thought about it a few seconds, slid the glass with the wine on the table "Maybe she's right I'm avoiding it and it's really time to say enough is enough. How can I tell Dylan to welcome her if I can't do it first..." Brandon felt sad for Kelly, it hadn't been fair to go home like that, then he looked up at his sister... "What's up with Dylan?"
"We're both fine, but that was a bad blow to him. Yet another person who he loses. And I know well that Sammy is here just a few steps away and anyway it's the uncle, but I think it will take him a while to catch up."
"How are the treatments going?"
"Eh... Painful. Every time it's a hope. But now I feel that he is fully close to me, he desires what I desire and that calms me down."
Brandon returned to look out the window Dylan and Sammy sitting next to talking.
"Doing this mean that the two of us don't see each other or hang out anymore?" Sammy asked him.
"No" Dylan shook his head "no, I will always be in your life. Always. And that won't change. Do you remember when we went fishing and didn't want you to keep the fish but you asked me to free them because you wanted them to be with their family?"
"Yes, I remember it"
"Here I am returning you to your family, Sammy, because it's is a really nice family. Give Brandon a chance"
"Why'?"
"Because he's an amazing person, and I know him very well. He's like a brother to me. It's worth knowing him.. he is really great. You have to trust what I tell you."
Sammy didn't say anything " what about My mum? Are you mad at her?"
"A little bit," Dylan replied.
"Yes, I'm mad at her too"
That statement hit Dylan deep down, he wondered if he was somehow helping to hinder that little boy. Keeping him tied to him, sharing resentment, would not lead Sammy in the right direction and he was just a child.
"You shouldn't be angry with Brandon or your mother. Neither of them knew. Especially Brandon because I'm sure if he had known he would run to you immediately. Mom just tried to protect you. To give you a family. Don't be too angry with her. You have a life in front of you, Sam, and you have two people who will take care of you, and so will I, in our way. We will all take care of you."
Brandon went out on the porch.
"It's time to go Sam, mom has to go to work and we have to get Grace" Brandon smiled at Dylan and his son.
Dylan approached Sammy's ear "Give him a chance believe me he is a great guy"
Sammy got up and went to Brandon giving him the hand he caught. They greeted Dylan and Brenda who stayed to watch them as they got into the car.
"Are you okay?" Brenda asked her.
"Yes," he replied, "I'm fine with Sammy, I'm fine with Brandon but don't ask me to talk to Kelly again because I have no intention of it."
"I didn't ask you," Brenda smiled, "you have your own time.
Dylan nodded. He couldn't even have looked her in the face so it's better to avoid her.
"Let's go," Dylan said.
"Where? "Brenda replied.
"A surprise for you."
They took the motorbike and Brenda immediately recognized the way of the building for adoptions.
"Why are we here?" She asked, taking off his helmet.
"We have an appointment with Mrs. Winsley for Blanca"
Brenda was in shock.
"I thought they had refused"
"Yes, but after learning about Sammy I finally realized the huge mistake I had made. Not having been by your side and not having understood how much you, or rather as we, wanted to have Blanca with us, to give her an opportunity, to give her a family, to give her the love she desperately seeks. I want her. If I had a hundred children with you too, I would always miss Blanca. Because she is special. She's as sweet as you, she's cheerful. She is extremely intelligent. So I asked Mrs. Winley for another opportunity. I stalked her for the precision and today we have our chance. So Brenda Walsh, do we want to stop talking in the parking lot that we are late?"
Dylan held out his hand to her that Brenda immediately grabbed. She knew well that Dylan was trying to cure his wounds but unlike other times she tried to do it with her.
The few steps of the institute went up. Together.
Brandon came home with Sammy and noticed Kelly in the garden along with Grace. They were playing sitting on a blanket. Mother and daughter looked alike in an impressive way. They smiled and had almost identical Times.
Sammy approached his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek, taking to play with her sister who was slumping for her brother. She followed every movement, she loved every expression of him.
Kelly got up and asked Brandon how it had gone.
"Well," he told her, "he talked to Dylan, I don't really know what they said to each other, it was just a moment for them, but right after Sammy changed."
"Really?"
"He gave me a hand, in the car he wouldn't stop chatting, he asked me if we could do a few shots later and he even told me about a little girl he likes and who is in Ecuador."
"A little girl?" Kelly said surprised.
"Such a Blanca," Brandon whispered, approaching her ear.
Having him so close gave the chills to Kelly who turned around and when she had him in front of her the eyes of one and the other were stuck in a sensual closeness. He couldn't resist and kissed her deeply. A surrender. A sign of peace. She reacted by taking his face with both hands and let that kiss last.
When they broke away, they smiled at each other.
"As far as you are concerned, I think Dylan will take a little more time"
"Yes I know, and I have no pretensions, Brenda tells me he is not ready"
"Brenda is on your side ," Brandon revealed to her, "She made me realize that my return home meant nothing if I'm not really with and in you. But I'm really with you. And with Sammy and Grace. I couldn't be anywhere else in the world."
Kelly smiled.
"Didn't you have to go to university?" Brandon asked him.
"No, I fixed things from home but next time I should go to Washington for a conference."
"Wow the old DC" Brandon's eyes were shining "it's okay, since we haven't found a suitable babysitter yet I see to get organized with work. Somehow we'll do it, maybe we can ask Brenda to help us a little or Erin."
"Actually," Kelly said, putting her arms around his neck and pressing her body against her "I would like you and the kids to come too."
"Seriously?"
"Seriously. You know the city well and Sammy is studying George Washington and we could have a nice weekend. We need to be together the four of us"
Brandon smiled more with his eyes and heart to her than with his lips leaning once again on her, deeply, they opened and caressed each other.
"I missed you," she whispered.
"Are you ready to do two shots?" Sammy interrupted them by standing up and tinkering with a basketball.
Brandon and Kelly smiled at each other. The life of parents is like that. Excerpts of broken beautiful things.
"Let's get back tonight," Kelly whispered in his ear, "make them tired so they go to sleep early"
"You can count on it," Brandon laughed.
Few weeks later
Brenda was excited and nervously waiting along with Dylan in a waiting room at the airport.
The flight had landed. Winsley had politely informed them. It was a six-month temporary foster care. In which they would be supervised and controlled. A child was not a toy. Blanca was a soul to grow.
Winsley knew for Blanca it was different, maybe even worse because she was not an American citizen.
Brenda was caught ticking with her fingers on the table. The seconds and minutes lengthened and Blanca's light steps were sniffing outside the door.
Suddenly the door opened. Winsley entered holding the little girl by the hand, the little one lit up with joy as soon as she saw Brenda and Dylan and immediately left Winsley's hands to run to hug them. She held tight to Dylan's leg and reached out to Brenda who knelt at her height and took her black hair off her face.
Blanca was wearing a white dress with small pink designs. Well combed and long hair. Black as coal. The porcelain leather. Two big eyes. No one could hold back the tears.
No one even the sky.
As they went back to the house, Blanca watched with big eyes wide open the streets and traffic in Los Angeles.
Dylan feared that she would miss the sea and the open spaces of Ecuador. Barefoot feet. The other children to play with yet that little girl waded, the sweetness of her movements, the smile with the dimples.
He knew Blanca's story, Xavier had told it to him, and he had made it his own. Blanca didn't live in a family either. Grown up on the street. The only difference was the luck of being born in this or that place in the world.
As soon as she was home Brenda was excited to show her her room. She had taken care of her personally and got help from Kelly and a Donna. Yellow was the child's favorite color and yellow was. Like the sun, like the life of Brenda and Dylan getting colored.
"Is that all for me?" The little one asked.
"Yes," Brenda replied, "it's all for you"
Blanca brushed the books well placed on the shelves. She saw the clothes in the closets, brushed them with her fingers.
"If you don't like them then we can go and get more."
"I like them" and ran to hug them.
"Blanca," Dylan told her, "I know it's not easy for you but we're here for you. We can do this path together. Me, you and Brenda. Without fear," he concluded. The little girl nodded.
"Dinner is ready if you're hungry," Brenda said and the little girl smiled, "Does Sammy live here?"
"Yes Sammy lives in this city with his family."
"I'd love to say hi to him," Blanca said.
"I have an idea," Dylan smiled, "what do you think Blanca if we have a little welcome party here and introduce you to our family and friends. Would you like to? There would also be Uncle Brandon and Sammy."
Blanca smiled.
"What do you think? He asked Brenda.
"I think it's a wonderful idea, of course Aunt Kelly too"
Dylan didn't say a word.
"Who is Aunt Kelly?" Blanca asked Dylan but he didn't answer.
"It's Sammy's mom.." Brenda replied so as not to leave the little one unanswered.
"What about Uncle Brandon?"
"He's my twin brother," Brenda smiled, "but there are other children too.. Ethan, Madeline, Hannah who is a little older. Would you really like to meet them?"
"Sure," Blanca smiled, biting some chicken.
Dylan remained silent, he didn't really feel like seeing or talking to Kelly but it was inevitable.
The party was held a few days later, obviously the guys had already made acquaintance with Blanca in the days immediately following her arrival. Individually they had gone to Mckay's house to meet that little girl who had stolen the hearts of both, however both Brenda and Dylan cared a lot about welcoming her fully.
In Blanca's childhood stories there was the unspeakable gap of never having celebrated a birthday, not until she had arrived at Xavier and Isabel's.
Only when she arrived at the family home did Blanca have her first cake and her first gift. Simple things handmade by by other kids as well as the simple cake made by Isabel. Brenda knew well that nothing would get past those birthdays but she still wanted to introduce the little girl, settle a living relationship with her extended family.
The happiest of Blanca's arrival was Sammy. Since the little girl was at Aunt Brenda's, all he did was ask to go to her. They were in class together and supported her in all her needs. He was like a little prince in the service of his princess. He was tireless.
"I think he has a crush on her," Brandon said, rubbing his eyes as soon as he woke up.
Kelly smiled closing the dresser drawer "I think so too, and I don't know how to get it, I mean theoretically they're cousins."
"Let's go Kel, he's eight years old. They are the first crushes. Do you remember the one you had the first crush for?" Brandon realized and immediately corrected by kneeling on the bed and wrapping his arms around Kelly's waist "no, I don't want to know I already hate this guy."
Kelly laughed "and do you remember yours?"
Brandon remembered her but pretended nothing so much it didn't matter "no, not at all" he joked kissing her. The kiss became deeper and more passionate. Kelly loved to get him back with her. All the clouds that had thickened in the previous months seemed a distant memory. Brandon knew how to pick her up and pick her up in the places where Kelly sometimes hid and Kelly had learned that that stability, strength and love with which he actually enveloped her was her part of happiness in the world.
"Do the children sleep?" Brandon asked Kelly.
Kelly made a mischievous nod.
"But they might wake up, like yesterday, Sammy was almost in while we were making love, we have to hurry up" said Kelly.
Brandon pulled up his eyebrow, walked to the door and locked "I don't want to be in a hurry, I want all the time in the world."
On the same afternoon Kelly, Sammy and Grace went to help Brenda for the party. Dylan arrived much later and Brenda who knew him better than anyone else knew he had done it to avoid Kelly. He took as an excuse that he had to pick up Jim and Cindy at the airport but Brenda knew the real reason.
When he returned he was with Brenda's parents and it was because of their presence that he limited himself to courtesy phrases with Kelly.
"I'm sorry Kel, maybe it will take a little longer," Brenda tried to reassure her.
She shrugged her shoulders "I know he's hurt and I really understand it"
"Yes, but Brandon went on, Sammy too, by the way how's it going with Brandon?"
Kelly blushed "much better"
"Ah I see it"
"I have to thank you Brenda," she concluded, "if it hadn't been for your support in these weeks I really don't know what I would have done."
Brenda put a hand around her shoulder "it was hard but we got here and I honestly prefer when we are ally. We can also be more special than Brandon and Dylan. Who they think they are" and laughed.
Kelly laughed too.
Cindy and Jim approached with little Grace in their arms.
"Do you need a hand?"
"You would have to go get the fresh cakes"
"I'm going" Jim is proposed
"The car keys are at the entrance," Brenda told him as her father gave her the ok.
"You prepared everything very well Brenda" Cindy said
She smiled "thank you mom"
"And Blanca looks happy"
They both turned to the little girl "I really hope I can keep her with us," Brenda replied. "The mere thought of not being able to do that destroys me."
"Honey" sighed her mother hugging her.
"And I saw Dylan with her. Yesterday they started to fix the bike" that is, he was fixing and she passed him the tools by learning the names. They shared their childhood and I could only listen."
Cindy caressed her daughter.
"what about the TV show?"
"It's coming out next month with promos. Oh mom I'm so excited!"
"I believe in it and we are very proud of you. We've always been, even if you haven't always noticed."
Kelly looked at that mother-daughter moment and was happy to be a part of it, in some way.
Then Cindy turned to her "what time does Brandon arrive?"
"He called and said in half an hour"
"Oh well because we wanted to talk to you about one thing."
Brenda took on a worried look.
"What's up mom?"
"Oh no baby," Cindy said softly to her, "nothing happens," she tapped Brenda's arm, "we're waiting for your brother."
Kelly and Brenda looked at each other curiously.
Shortly thereafter, Valerie rang at the door, at whose sight Kelly whispered, " Donna will not be happy to see her."
Brenda made things easier "She's a friend of mine and is part of the family. I am referring to the enlarged one. Anyway, I told Donna. And she and David are not together. Let's go, she offered him a job."
"He's not coming home, he's making a mess," Kelly said then reflected alone under Brenda's gaze "ok I just can't judge."
"Valerie is not responsible for David's mind."
"Not even Donna," Kelly concluded.
Brenda walked away for a few minutes to get glasses and so Valerie took the opportunity to get closer to Kelly "how are you?"
"I'm fine," Kelly replied.
"Yes, I see it, for some strange reason everyone forgives you everything," Valerie pounceed her "contrary to me."
Kelly laid the flowers she was arranging "let me guess, is it the time when you're going to tell me I don't deserve Brandon and would you like him to leave me?"
Valerie shook her head "no" laughed "I gave up on that. For some strange reason he loves you"
"Thank you Valerie," Kelly said sarcastically.
"It's a long time but he hasn't asked you to get married yet."
Kelly took a sad look, it was true, they were living together, they had two children, they had regained serenity, but it seemed that the marriage topic had ended up in some dusty box.
Valerie got Kelly's flash, stuck a grape ace in her mouth "it doesn't have to be him asking, dont you think?" Then she winked at her. Kelly watched her as she walked away.
Kelly's gaze rested on Brandon following his mother running to open the door for him.
"Daddy !" Grace was just walking and wanted to go to her father alone.
He approached Kelly greeting her with a kiss on the mouth "hey babe!" He told her.
"Hei."
"Dylan?" He asked to Brenda.
"He is in his studio. He is wrapping a gift." Brenda answered him.
Brandon looked at Kelly.
"Are you all right, babe?"
"If you're wondering if he talk to me, no... but I understand, everything is fine."
Brandon kissed her on the forehead "he will be back sooner or later. And we will be here."
Then he turned to her mother "then, Brenda said you wanted to talk to us."
Cindy looked around, Jim hadn't come back yet.
We wanted to tell you tonight, but" Cindy began to find the words "here's your father and I.. we had thought."
"To go back to live in Los Angeles," Jim concluded on the way with fresh sweets.
"Seriously?" They Asked Brenda and Brandon together.
"Well, you are here, our grandchildren too. Minneapolis no longer belongs to us. We thought we'd sell the house, get one here. And help you with the kids. With Blanca, Sammy and Grace. If you agree."
"If we agree?" rhetorically asked Brenda "we can't wait."
Brandon also participated in the family hug. And so did Kelly.
Dylan watched them from afar. He approached a nod from Brenda.
"Welcome home." He said to the Walshs shaking Jim's hand.
Andrea arrived with Philipe, bewreaking the McKay house driveway right after Jim Walsh.
Jim had gone out to get other things from the trunk of the car
"Do you need an help?" He asked Andrea.
"Andrea! What a pleasure to see you; no, I can do it."
"Can I introduce you to Philipe Carson?"
"Carson?"
"Yes, I'm just one of those Carsons, Stuart's cousin – Jim made an astonished face, undecided whether to stiffen or not – but rest assured, I does't want to marry your daughter. I already have my beautiful girl and Andrea squeezed him.
Jim smiled and relaxed "Thank goodness, also because Brenda is already married and her husband wouldn't take it well; but let's not hold back, let's go in."
Once inside, Jim went to his wife and children, while Andrea stopped to say hi to Blanca
"And here's the party girl"
"Hi Andrea"
"Well,you remember my name"
"Yes, I have a good memory"
"How are you feeling?"
"Happy, like I've never been"
"Well – she rubbed her right shoulder – I'm happy" the gaze went to the Walshs who were all hugging each other not far away, and she approached
"What's going on here?"
"My parents are going back to Los Angeles," Brandon replied
"What good news"
"yeah really beautiful"
Valerie approached the group to congratulate the Walshs and approaching Brenda's ear told her that Andrea's new partner was not bad at all; Brenda replied jokingly, but not too much: "Don't even think about it";
"who did you get me for?" And with a mischievous smile she walked away in the direction of drinks, while Brenda followed her with a smiling look
"Sanders, at the right time!" Dylan welcomed the arrival of Steve, just arrived with Clare and Maddy.
"Dr. Arnold had a serious problem to solve: she couldn't choose the pants"
"I care about my outfit," Clare replied, as Dylan stretched out to kiss her cheek; Valerie approached sipping a Bud "Hi guys; Steve, but David?"
"I was going to ask you," then turning to his daughter "Go play with the other kids, love," Maddy threw herself at Sammy as soon as she saw him whizzing through the garden.
"Why me?"
"Aren't you partners?"
"at work"
"I wouldn't say, Silver spends more time at the club than at home"
"Yes, it's true; but today I didn't go through the after dark," actually Valerie had called David and asked him to go to the party together, but he had refused: "It's not a good idea Val, I wouldn't want Donna to see us coming together and understand that there's something between us, And he smiling "Maybe...let's see you at the party". But in that exchange, she had forgotten to ask him where he was.
Donna arrived without Ethan, whom she had left to her mother, and was welcomed by Brenda, who was holding Blanca by the hand "Hello Donna", "Brenda!" She smiled at her hugging her, then leaned over to kiss Blanca "How beautiful you are, miss", she blushed without answering
"How are you?" A really worried Brenda asked her.
"It's been very difficult days, my mother has been close to me, very close; she supports me"
"we do, all of us"
"It seems her goal is to make me hate David; but I can't do it, as much as maybe he deserves it"
"Blanca, go play with Sammy," the little girl smiled and walked away
Donna continued "I'm trying to make the hare"
Brenda looked at her doubtfully "in what sense?"
"In love either you are a hunter and chase or you are a hare and you get chased...I read it somewhere"
"And how does your hunter behave?"
"I think he's a vegetarian"
Brenda laughed and hugged her "You'll see everything will be fine"
"I don't think Brenda; especially as long as that one buzzes around him," she said looking an anxious Valerie, who noticed that she was being watched and continued as if nothing was the conversation she was having with Cindy.
"It's a little hard for things to change, since they work together; but Donna, they work together.No one tells you there's anything else,".
"This is what you say; she is the cause of our split"
"Donna we've already talked about it several times, whole nights on the couch: she offered him a job and you sent him away. A marriage cannot be based on distrust. And if it hadn't been Valerie sooner or later someone would have come to get you in crisis. That then..."
"Then what?"
Brenda was resolute "Donna, the crisis didn't start with the After dark; it's been a long time since I saw you happier, that I saw David impatient"
"Do you want to see that it's just my fault?"
"Not that it's not, the faults must always be shared. Always. Faults or causes. Maybe a period of distance can do you good"
Donna was taken by a faint hope "Do you say?"
Brenda smiled "I'm convinced; now let's go to say hello to the others" and they hugged. Donna went inside, called by Kelly. Valerie approached Brenda "What did she tell you?"
'Please?'
"Come on Brenda, your mother also noticed that you were talking about me"
"Val, she's a lonely woman, abandoned by her husband who works side by side with an ex of hers, is it so strange that she's worried and looks her back?"
"And she has to look at it from me"
"You are the number one threat Val, and you know it"
Valerie sipped her beer "I take it as a compliment" and walked away, Brenda couldn't help but smile. Valerie had remained the unscrupulous little girl of adolescence.
"Excuse me for the delay" David announced himself to everyone, widening his arms as if to introduce himself "I'm done late for work."
A choir seemed to rise in unison "Hello David", then everyone returned to their conversation. Dylan as a landlord, went to welcome his friend "This job is consuming you Silver"
"It takes me a lot of time"
"Day and night" Dylan smiled, while drinking his coke; David pretended not to catch "Yes, the groups end up playing late and go down late at night"
"Yeah, I guess"
"Excuse me man" and approached Donna "Hello", "Hello" the girl replied embarrassed, "Where is Ethan?", "At home with grandma"
"I was hoping you would make him spend time with me rather than grandma," Donna stiffened
"you might even come and claim him at home, sometimes"
"I may have the time contingent and can take advantage of a few spaces"
"I forgot, the big record business owner doesn't have time for his son"
"You see Donna, every now and then I forget why I left the house; thank goodness we have these opportunities to refresh my memory" and walked away looking at her crooked.
Brenda approached "What's going on?"
" I don't know if everything will be fine. We can't stay 30 seconds in the same place without fighting. But I don't want to crat you – she tried to smile at her – think of Blanca and celebrate her" and went to talk to the Walshs.
David approached Valerie who greeted him with a "Problems?"
"Ordinary discussion; I can't stand her, Valerie, I'm sorry, she's my son's mother, but right now I prefer to stay away from her – Donna looked at them - and don't be offended, maybe it's better that at this party she's far away from you too"
"Yes, I understand"
"I'm going to say hi to my sister."
Andrea and Philipe were talking to Dylan and Brenda
"So, what is it like to be a parent?" Dr. Z. asked.
"You should know," Dylan replied, "or you still don't understand?"
"You joke, but Hannah is a complicated girl; now she wants to go live with her father; but I think this time I give up and send it to him ; they get along quite well"
"And you will back to being alone," Brenda pointed out to her; Andre smiled and Philipe intervened "We're actually thinking about going to live together"
"Really? Andrea, don't you tell me anything?
"We're thinking about it Bren, he didn't say we're going to do it"
Dr. Carson intervened again "Let's say there are very good possibilities; I'm already having the walls retwitted"
Andrea blushed "Philipe, you're always very precipitous."
"Yeah, excuse me, I'm going to get a beer" and he left with a smile.
'So now?' Asked Dylan to his longtime friend.
"We're fine, we're very close, we have the same interests and there's a great understanding...I don't know if I can explain and i think Hannah will be to me back from her father. We have to take It slow.
Brenda smiled.
"Yeah," said Dylan
"So we thought it was time to take a step forward; that's also why I decided not to hinder Hannah's idea. We need to be alone to see if this coexistence works but then, we'll see. Hannah is the priority and always will be.
"I agree"
"Did I miss anything?" Philipe came back with his Bud
"We were talking about you," Andrea replied, "I guess"
"Donna, you have to try to figure out what you want" now it was Clare listening to her.
"In what sense?"
"In the sense that you have to understand if your relationship is still standing, and then it's worth fighting to get David back; or if he's hopelessly in crisis and maybe it's better to let him go"
"And Ethan?"
"He will definitely suffer from it. But better to grow up with two separate parents and live the relationship with the two peacefully, than to live in a house where tension reigns and you go from one scream to another"
Donna listened to Clare and followed her husband with her gaze, who passed from Brandon to Kelly to Steve, ignoring Valerie; and it didn't put her at ease anyway.
"I think my husb...or rather, my ex is in love with another"
"Don't blame Valerie; when a relationship is stainless she manages to pass such a test. It seems to me that once he left this job to get away from her and be with you."
'Other times'
"In fact, will they ever come back? Because if the answer is no, maybe it's better to move on" and watched David smile with Steve "because he seems to me he's doing it"; Donna reflected on Clare's words, who maybe was right.
The party went on for a couple more hours, including toasts, cakes, children's games; a real extended family, as Brenda had defined it a few hours before. At dusk, the guys began to go.
Valerie arrived home that it was already dark and stood in the patio to enjoy the evening breeze. After a few minutes David arrived
"I was waiting for you"
"But I didn't say I would come; and neither of them is at the club, I could have gone there, since you announced the return home"
"But you didn't; that's why I announced my return home"
"I don't like playing cat and mouse; especially if the mouse is me"
Valerie got up from the wicker sofa and put her arms around his neck
"I have to say you're a handsome mouse; my Speedy Gonzales"
David gird her the waist "When I want I can be very slow in doing my own thing"
"Slow or sweet?"
"Both" and kissed her
"David - she got serious - are you sure you want to do it?"
"I've already told you Val, I'm not sure about anything; or rather, I don't want to think about the consequences of what I do, if you accept this we can move on."
"So why did you avoid me all day today?"
"Because I don't want to make Donna suffer anyway"
"But if we go on with this story she will suffer"
"Ah, is this a story?"
Valerie smiled "I feel like I'm getting it"
"I like stories, but they must have a happy ending"
"For now let's think about the happy start" and kissed him. They slowly undressed, as they groped to the bedroom. David felt good, getting better and better. The way back was always farther and more desperate.