Washington

Brandon and Kelly landed in Washington DC in the early afternoon. Grace was lovingly asleep in her father's arms as Sammy dragged behind disgruntled for those vacation days away from Blanca.
"Samuel. It's only three days. You can do it. You are worrying." The last sentence was not heard by the child who wanted to ignore his mother and give his hand to the father who had become a more reassuring figure for him.
"Washington," Brandon said cheerfully.
"You miss it huh?" Kelly asked with an interlocutory air.
"No" shook his head B "I would say no. I did what I had to here but it's a city that has always brought me luck. With you, with the job."
She smiled at him.
"Shouldn't there be someone to pick us up?" He asked, noting the absence of people to pick them.
"I preferred not to," Kelly said evasively, "you know the city and I didn't want obligations."
"Yes, but so I have to carry all the suitcases," Brandon grumbled.
They took the taxi and Brandon tried to point out as many things as possible to Sammy who was following him interested.
They stopped in front of the hotel.
"Are we going to lodge here?" Brandon asked in amazement.
"Old memories huh?" Kelly smiled "I couldn't believe it either when I read the name of the hotel on the reservation"
"Why?" Samuel asked.
"Because this is where your father and I got together the first time," Kelly replied by paying the taxi driver.
"I don't want to hear romantic stories," Sammy replied, plugging his ears.
Kelly laughed.
On the ninth floor a two-room suite overlooking Washington was waiting for them.
"Damn this university treats you well."
"Advantages .." Kelly replied softly.
"Then" Kelly clapped his hands "do we want to go out and see sight? Your father lived here for so many years," Kelly explained to Samuel and Grace, "so he will help us discover the capital.
Brandon smiled looking at Washington and listening to Kelly's words.
Of course he missed that city. He had clear memories of his arrival there. Alone. The first days without Kelly, a life ahead. The work at the newspaper. Wanting to go back to L.A. Don't do it. Other women, other windows, other beds.
Then he looked at his children.
"Yes, let's go dad," Sammy said without warning and shaking his hand.
"Dad," Grace repeated with her mouth toothless.
Kelly and Brandon looked at each other. That was the first time Sammy called him dad.
Kelly shook Brandon's hand. And they didn't say anything, Brandon didn't have the strength.
"Are we going?" Sammy said staring at him.
McKay's house
"I'd love to come with you," Blanca said to Brenda and Dylan, watching a TV movie.
"Well it's not really a movie, it's a tv show," Brenda explained to her, "but I really think you'll like a it."
"Now though," Dylan interrupted, "it's time to sleep"
"come with me" Blanca asked him "I like when you play fairy tales."
"Do you perform fairy tales?" Brenda asked Dylan.
"It's our thing," Dylan replied with an ironically annoyed face.
Brenda went to the kitchen and felt Blanca's door close.
"Did she fall asleep?"
"Yes," Dylan replied, wrapping his arms around her waist, "and I thought we could go to bed now too."
He kissed her on the neck and then let his face sink into her hair.
"I'm happy," he told her, "for the first time in my life I don't feel like going anywhere other that. Where are you. You and Blanca."
Brenda stroked him with both hands. Then she kissed him deeply letting him sit her on the kitchen island.
"I miss doing it anywhere around the house," he told her as he passed his mouth over her bare shoulders.
"Yes to me too"
"We could send Blanca to your brother sometime.. or better there is Grandpa Jim who can't wait to keep them all."
Brenda laughed "however I don't think Blanca will wake up in the next few hours."
"'Mmmhhh well" he enjoyed.
"I love you Brenda," he told her as he sank his mouth into her breasts.
"I love you," Brenda breathed before turning off all the thought switches for Dylan to come in and do whatever he wanted with her. Making love in the silence of their lives.
Washington
The Walshs went down for breakfast early in the morning.
"So what time is the conference?"
Kelly replied sipping coffee " at 3 p.m. So we have all morning."
"But it's strange that no one shows up."
"They contacted me though you were in the shower. I'm the one who always declines their offers to pick us up, I have you. And I don't want constraints."
"So what do you want to do this morning? Shall we go to the Congress? I think I still have some contact to visit the White House.."Brandon revealed.
"I'd love to! And can I sit on the president's chair?" Sammy asked.
Brandon laughed ruffled his hair "that's what we have to ask for," he said winking at Kelly.
"I would love to visit that garden. Take a walk there."
"Mom, the flowers are boring," Sammy protested.
"But that's where your father and I spent the first moments together. Sitting on one of those benches. I would just like to see that place again and bring our children to us," Kelly replied looking at Brandon.
Brandon smiled "I lived here and never went there," Brandon explained.
"Why?" Kelly asked.
Brandon shrugged "because you weren't there," he simply replied "it was a painful place for me."
Kelly stroked his rough face with an unmade beard. He came to his ear "you're sexy with this beard"
He replied by approaching her ear "I think you'll see it often then."
An hour later Brandon and Kelly were sitting on the same bench as then but with their children. The rose garden behind them was still red and flourishing.
"Nothing has changed," she said.
"It's changed a lot," he smiled at her.
"Did you really never come here while living in Washington?"
"Never," Brandon confirmed, "certain things hurt. They hurt. You were on the other side of the country, it didn't make sense to come back here."
"And look at us now," she said. Kelly had the same hairstyle as years before.
"Yeah ," he said, distracting himself with Grace looking for his attention.
"It wasn't easy, we've told each other many times, but we can tackle everything together, and that's why I brought you here, there's no conference, it's just us and our children."
Brandon looked up.
"Brandon Jameson Walsh, do you want to marry me?" She suddenly asked him before their children's eyes.
Brandon turned to Kelly, Sammy chuckled happily embarrassed and also made his sister and Kelly's eyes were the same as those of the girl from years earlier.
Washington brought good luck.