Beyond the borders, like snow

Dylan and Kelly were heading to the airport. Sammy was playing with a pair of dinosaurs in the back seat.

"If Sammy need something call me" said her, setting her eyes on Dylan.

He briefly looked at the baby and then smiled at her.

"Think about you, for once."

She laughed.

He Parked in the short stops, Kelly kissed Sammy on his forehead, "I'll be back in a couple of days."

"Maybe more," Dylan said.

"Maybe tonight."

"Kelly.."he got closer to her "I will always be here when you need me, but you have the right to go further, in that possible direction simply because you want it. We talked about it. We'll talk about it if you want. Now it's up to you. Not me, not Sammy. To you. No one will take away from us what it was. It's here in the back seat. I don't want you to spend a lifetime of regrets asking you what would have happened if, what would your life be like if, it's not fair and it's not what we want for us. I don't want you to be unhappy anymore. Take that plane."

"Are you talking about me or yourself?" She asked him seriously.

"Don't try Taylor," he smiled.

"What if it was a disaster?" Kelly asked.

"What if it worked?" Those words Dylan unintentionally brought her the image of Brenda in the rain. Her hand raised. The pouring rain.

"Take that plane Kel" Dylan smiled at her and it was a release for her.

Kel landed in Washington DC five hours later, when it was already evening. Steve had given her the address. Now that she was in the taxi slipping away in the shiny streets, she thought about how strange life was, the repetition of the story; in Washington she had come to pick him up, she had come before Sammy for a few days when she had lost her balance and to Washington she would go back once again, what if there was someone else in that apartment? What if there was someone else with him? What could she say?

She was tempted to have the taxi and her life reversed, pick up the plane and go back to Los Angeles, but Dylan was right, she didn't want to live with the "what would happen if". There are things that hardly come back the first time. Let alone later. SHe didn't want to let him go. Not now.

The building where Brandon lived was in an elegant neighborhood, with tree-lined avenues waiting for spring, like her. SHe paid for the taxi and got off.

She held her cell phone in her hands and realized at that moment that she had not in the slightest thought Brandon might not be in Washington. SHe had packed half a suitcase in a hurry. SHe had booked the flight. She had supported every single thought that that letter had given her. SHe had followed the movements. The oscillations of the soul. And now she was here. In the middle of a street in Washington D.C. without knowing. Without certainty.

Someone hurried out of the building and she slipped into the hall.

Brandon Walsh apartment 3 B. SHe read it in the mailbox. She began to climb the stairs and her legs were shaking. So that's how it felt to cross the beyond. Scared and full of adrenaline.

SHe arrived in front of his dark wood walnut door. She thought back when he opened the door to her at that Washington hotel. Escaped, sleepy, surprised. Suddenly she didn't care how it was going anymore. SHe wasn't afraid.

SHe rang the bell. No answer.

"Ah, that's it," Kel laughed at herself, all those problems and he wasn't there either. SHe laughed and smiled at her courage, all the things we don't know and will never know, and that someone one day did for us. While we were turned around. While we were elsewhere.

SHe looked around and went out again to get some air. The cell phone in her hand. The thoughts in the other. SHe sat on the steps of the building. Maybe fate was like that. She couldn't stop smiling, it seemed like a movie scene, like Bridget Jones. She felt human, enchantingly defective.

"Kel?"

SHe looked up and he was there. With the briefcase and car keys in his hand. Stand still, standing in front of her.

"Kel, what are you doing here?" He asked her .

She got up and set up her dress, unarmed, defenseless, enchanting. SHe took the courage, her days, the kilometers, the steps, the joy, the lack with two hands and brought everything out impetingly. SHe spilled them in front of him. Like sugar. Now and forever.

"I came to pick you up," she replied with a smile. Time stopped.'. It stopped ticking. There was no noise. The time changes again. Like the snow that was coming down. End. Floury. Imperceptible. Here is the magnificent, extraordinary, amazing border beyond.

It had that shape there. Of their smiles. Of their kisses. Of their return. Of their making love For all that night, Naked, while the snow fell outside.