Beaches

"You can say a lot of things Kel, but not that the beach doesn't belong to us." said Brandon
"This is true," she smiled. Brandon and Kelly walked tight to each other. They were held for coats. Survivors of themselves and that never really lost 'us'.
They walked in very familiar places. They laughed several times. They wanted to taste that evening and keep it to themselves, among the things that come back, that chase you, that leave a smile every time you think about it. They kissing, biting, touching each other. They Pretended to live that life with their mouths together. They did not tolerate separation.
"Sorry for these days," he whispered to her.
"You've been busy."
"Yes... actually not, I didn't want to call."
She nodded. She knew.
"I can't blame you Brandon. It's hard. You know. Separate lives. But we agreed from the start."
You agreed... Brandon didn't answer her, he just gave her a short smile.
"I'm leaving on Monday Kel. I just wanted to know if you were okay."
"Now I'm fine," she said weak, "it was nice to meet with you secretly here. Whenever we could. Without anyone who knew anything. They think we don't talk to each other."
Brandon laughed, "we never cared about what others thought."
"This is true."
"And we don't have to explain it to anyone."
All that time, they had oriented themselves on the beach. Searched and found. With one excuse or another they were absent for an hour or two. They were together. They were closing the world out.
"Are we going to the beach house?" He asked her.
Kel squeezed to him and smiled, they walked in favor of wind "I can't believe that all this time you rented it for the two of us."
"I've always liked that gius."
"Yeah. Me too."
"And being with you those hours, divided by everything, separated like ribs in the body.. it made sense, making love, chatting, getting dressed, going home."
"Yeah," she said, "it made sense," she suddenly missed her breath. Something was raging with increasing fury. She realized... They were splitting.
Brandon stopped and took her face in his hands. And he kissed her. Slowly. A tumultuous eccentric touch of trial of a happy time that was slow to arrive.
Kelly hoped he would come back to say goodbye to her before he left, but she felt that was the last time she saw him. This thought made her swing between nervousness and fear of emptiness. That's why they used much slower movements in making love. More discreet. They took the moment. They belonged. They kissed as long as possible. He stayed longer inside her and the time never seemed enough. They reverted every unjust and separate image. Brandon was this for her. A never hostile place. Where she had to do nothing to get accepted. He took her as she was and she let herself be grabbed. Touched. SHe felt part of something. SHe conquered him. She made him laugh. There was no trace of weakness in her. She became the woman she imagined she was. Who desperately wanted to be. Brandon held all her attention to the sel ed. They made love all the afternoon. Their lives were waiting outsider the door. And the door had to be open.
It ended like this. Kel knew that.