Walsh and Mckay

The phone call on Kelly's cell phone came after a few minutes. They had left Sammy at a gas station near San Diego. Alone. Safe and sound.
She burst into a furious cry, so much so that she collapsed to the ground. The legs had succumbed to tension and seemed to refuse to support her. Brenda and Steve helped her get up.
She was defeated, scared. Out of herself, out of fear and emotion.
A police car escorted theirs. Sammy was fine, Sammy was coming home, Sammy was smiling from the video call.
120 kilometers in which Kelly had been able to talk to him. SHe had seen it. sHe had greeted him. SHe had tried to hold back her tears and waiting, so as not to shake him but it was really an impossible crusade.
"Don't worry, now mom is coming to pick you up." Sammy smiled he wasn't worried.
"Mom! The cops gave me the hat! Look."
"You're beautiful!"
Steve driving was scolding himself for not being able to hold back the crying, a big and big man like you Steve, and even though he didn't quite know where Brandon and Dylan were, he was sure they had to do with this story.
Brenda held Kelly's hand. It is not known how long the two hadn't even touched each other, look, talk. They had lost count. They wondered if it was worth it. At the time it seemed so. Instead now, Brenda was even sorry for all that lost time. To ruminate. To feel resentment. Trying to overcome it. The grudge only enlarges the black hole of unhappiness, it was of no use except to keep them away.
The hug between mother and son was a riot of emotions. A hand-sewn party.
They had left him at a gas station and called the San Diego police giving precise instructions.
"A woman was with me, so beautiful and so kind mom! She made me sleep with her because I was scared."
Sammy could give few more details. He remembered almost nothing about the house where they kept him. He had watched the cartoons and couldn't go out to play. He didn't hear strange noises, in fact sometimes they were immersed in a great silence.
There were trees outside. So many. More than those at home. And he had seen a squirrel. The woman had shown him.
The phone call came from a public booth without cameras. Made with a card that had not made any other calls. No imprint. Nothing. However, Woods didn't seem worried.
"I believe, Mrs. Taylor, that as soon as Mr. Walsh and Mr. McKay come back from where they are, i will need something in more than one explanation."
"I already told you I don't know where they are. I was sedated. The doctor confirmed it to you."
Woods knew there was something underneath. The instinct smelled the acrid smell. He knew how to wait. He knew how to take a step back. Walsh and McKay were reported for any boarding list.
"Let's go home," Kelly told her son.
At that moment in Perreira's hands came the photo of Kelly hugging her son. Dylan looked at the pic trying to figure out where they were, how, with whom. He recognized Brenda and Steve.
Brandon didn't say anything, he felt relieved.
"You can go," Perreira said.
Brandon and Dylan got up and earned the exit always under the watchful eye of the irons heeled against them. He seemed to have been there for a decade.
"To never again," he shouted behind Perreira, "maybe."
We'll see that, Dylan thought.