Unbrekable

Bren.."
Kelly had looked into the guest bedroom where Brenda had settled for the night. She was sitting in the chair and looking out the window. A blinding sun that had already filled the room.
They had watched the movie and then talked late. Kelly liked to have her around. It was special. Now that the weapons had been laid and that each of them had channeled its own life. Kelly thought she would like to share the college years with her in the beach house. That maybe things could have settled down much earlier. She knew well why she had been in such a hurry to leave. She was familiar with the story in with she had starred in.
"he is here, isn't it?"
Kelly nodded with her head. Dylan was downstairs.
"I'm going to take the kids to the Beach Club," Kelly said, grabbing Grace and shaking hands with Sammy, "so you have time to be alone."
"Brandon is waiting for you there?" Asked Brenda before she walked away.
"he said she had to do something important today. He won't come," Kelly said with a sad expression.
"Oh, maybe it's really important," Brenda tried to point out.
Kel smiled at her "here we're not talking about me but about you, try to talk to him. Okay?"
"Agree," Brenda sighed, "below all, I can't hide forever."
Brenda got up and tied her hair with a tail.
Kelly went down and behind her Brenda.
As soon as he saw her, Dylan gave her a faint smile of hope.
Sammy greeted his father quickly cheerful for the day at the beach.
"bye Buddy," Dylan replied, stroking him on the head.
"bye Kel," he also said, "do you need an help for all This stuff to bring?" Asked Dylan seeing her harnessed in transporting countless useful things to go to the beach.
"Yes, but not the type of help you think," Kelly replied, "take her back home" she said jokingly at Brenda and winking at her.
As soon as Kelly came out, Brenda completed the descent of the stairs while a Dylan consumed by a sleepless night waited for her with his hands in his pockets and a melancholy expression.
"I'm sorry Bren, for what happened."
"I know," she replied, "I know you're sorry and I know you're scared," Brenda said. "I've had a long conversation with Kelly tonight, very long, from the revelation of pregnancy to the fact that you've come and gone from Sammy's life pretty much all the time."
"Kelly and I had only been back together just over a week ago when she got pregnant. That's not what will happen to us. But you see, I've never had a family. My friends were the semblance of that family that I missed but then you arrived. I don't know how to handle it, what if I went back to kicking and wanting to leave? What if I lose you? These are just the questions I ask myself."
"Dylan" Brenda took a break to carefully choose the words "having a child from you, for me it would be the crowning of this dream of love, and of this marriage, I desire it because I have always wanted a family, because I know what a family is, and I know it is not something that destroys but that strengthens. You can adapt to anything if you want but that's the point you have to want it. Can we give up something to have something else? Can we? Are you and I strong enough?"
"You and I are indestructible," so Dylan replied, "please forgive me, come home."
Brenda looked at him with a serious look.
"Tell me what you really want, never hide anything from me again."
"I want you and me to be a little alone. We could go to your old room":
"Oh my God, it's the guest room now."
"Well, because we are the guests of honor of this life."
Brenda laughed as he girded her waist "what then?"
"And then we can try whenever we want to have this child."
"Don't say that if you don't think so."
"I want it"
"Dylan..."
"I want it. I want it. I want it," he repeated three times.
They kissed deeply. Walsh House was silent and sunny as the two of them leaned on the bed that had been Brenda's crib on a terrible night. But she had learned to go further. She knew how to go further.
"We have an appointment at eleven with Andrea"
"At eleven? Then we have a lot of time"
"Well" she laughed.
They locked the room, locked the whole world out. It was a gesture. A ritual. A symbol.
Hospital
Andrea was in the break room with Dr. Carson. They shared a coffee, some mischievous glances. She felt reborn. That boy who grew up and grizzled, seemed to have a total view of her. She was not taken for granted. She was smart. Witty. Of course, she couldn't totally jump into a story, but in reality Andrea wanted to try, to try to fall in love again. She had already done everything she had to do with Hannah, she was a grown-out girl, a little too sarcastic but she was doing well and deep down she knew that her daughter loved her and that she wanted happiness for her. About Jessie's partner she only had to say badly but she knew that Hannah aspired to the happiness of her father and therefore also hers.
Dr. Dawing looked out just as Carson was putting a tuft of hair behind Andrea's ear.
"Ah sorry!"
"No" Andrea was heavily embarrassed "come Maurice, we were just having a coffee," she said
"Do you want a coffee?"
"Yes, thank you"
Carson got up and took one of the cups. He poured some coffee for his colleague.
"The results of the Mckay exams have arrived," Dawing told Andrea.
"The situation of Brenda Mckay is not so dramatic" Dawing showed the medical record, he had in his hand to Andrea who put on her glasses to read carefully "see? You have the problem of the closed tuba, but the other ovary responds very well to stimulation."
"Ah well"
"Look at Mr. Mckay's results.."
Andrea took Dylan's medical record and began to read between the lines of those numbers, and references, and problems that the exams brought.
Andrea took off his glasses "no, it's not possible, Mr. Mckay had a child. He is almost eight years old now."
Dawing "difficult doesn't mean impossible. It was a real miracle but he has some serious problem"
Andrea was thought and still with Dylan's medic record in her hand .
"Andrea?" Carson woke her up and staring at her carefully.
"Yes yes" she smiled "had alcohol and drug addiction problems, was hospitalized several times, he also had a car accident in 1994."
"In fact, I went to get his medical record," Darwing replied.
Andrea picked up the medical record dating back to Dylan's accident "serious testicular trauma"
"This may have caused inflammation and consequently the lack of sperm motility. Unless it was a previous thing. It's a hypothesis, or it's a congenital problem"
"But Brenda had also become pregnant before the accident"
"I told you, it's not impossible it's just hard. Although two children in a lifetime are many in his condition."
Andrea remained silent.
"I know you have an appointment at 11 with them do you want me to be there?"
"No," Andrea shook her head. I'll take care of them"
Brandon had been lurking all night. Simmons had been clear that morning that Wilkinson's arrest would become news. And he was there, with his portable camera. He would have liked to talk to some colleagues about it and prepare something more professional but a CBS van in front of a senator's house would have aroused suspicion and even worse feared deep throats. Someone who could give Claudia, or anyone else, the tip. He wanted that job, he cared about that job that had cost him a lot in his private life. Leaving his home and space to Kelly. And even that morning Kelly wasn't in a good mood knowing he wouldn't take the day for them.
Her work at the CU was a certainty by now. And they were clearly getting closer, but Kelly was still asking for space and time. She was terrified of abandonment and avoided any preventive pain. She recognized the problem he had but didn't know how to deal with it. Not yet. They were learning together.
She would resume lectures, but only at the end of the year, and he instead needed to save his place now. He had not been able to give more details. He had just told her to trust him.
"Kelly please trust me. I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't important."
A possible place in the management would have given more stability to both him and the family.
He had to at least try.
The police arrived escorting some FBI cars, Brandon saw them distinctly from the rearview mirror. He turned on the camera.
"Los Angeles. It is 07.30. We are in front of Senator Wilkinson's house. As you can see, police cars and Fbi have arrived. Here we come closer... Senator Wilkinson is under arrest. The exclusive images..."
Simmons took away the senator handcuffed and still in a suit. The payback was concluded "good job Walsh," Simmons thought, avoiding being framed by the camera.
The news was beaten by all the agencies and stood out throughout the country. Brandon's face was everywhere.
CBS had the exclusivity. Drugs and money laundering stuff.. Wilkinson was a rotten apple of the system.
When he came back to the office he was patted on his shoulders. Betty welcomed him with her inestable smile.
"It was great," she told him.
Claudia came to congratulate, Brandon didn't know if she was honest or not but he returned the handshake vigorously.
"You're a hard bone Walsh but how the hell did you do it? "
"I have good relations," he replied.
The effects of such news would be seen in the following days, especially as far as he was concerned, his position. The layoffs were still going on.
The cell phone rang.KEL.
"Hey then it was really important what you had to do" she said to him enthusiastically "the guys and I saw you on TV and on all the news, Grace paid little attention but Sammy was kidnapped. There was also Steve with Maddy with us."
"What about you?" Brandon asked her with a little nostalgia.
"Brandon, there's never been a day when I wasn't proud of you."
"Kel?"
'Yes?'
"I want to come back home to you and the kids"
There was a moment of silence. Short.
"Why don't you spend this evening here so we can talk about it together. Is that okay? I'll be back from the beach soon and the kids will be exhausted. We'll have time."
Brandon smiled.
Brenda and Dylan arrived on time at Andrea's clinic. He would continually kiss her hand and caress her back. Happy for that serenity grabbed and brought back to them.
Andrea had the most serious expression than usual.
"Are you all right Andrea?"
"All right," she replied that she wasn't sure what exactly she would say.
"Here, we had the exam results and for you Brenda I have to say that the situation is better than expectations. Hormonal care responds well. The chances of getting pregnant have greatly increased"
Brenda opened in a wonderful smile towards Dylan.
"Well," she replied.
"Here, the problem is Dylan's exams."
"What do you mean?" He replied.
"You have a condition of poor sperm motility probably due to trauma or congenital, we have to find out. At present you have a low chance of being fertile. And your conditions put together..."
"What the hell does that mean?" Dylan was evidently altered "you're wrong Brenda was pregnant and Sammy.."
"As I told you, you have low chances but it's not impossible. You had a child and Brenda had become pregnant. We just need to intervene with specialized care."
Dylan was evidently confused "but is that something that can be recovered?"
"Of course," Andrea replied.
Brenda and Andrea watched Dylan suddenly get bled as Andrea explained the next treatment steps to them. The fact that he was questioned hit him from the inside, now it was no longer Brenda the problem, it was him.
When they left Andrea felt exhausted, there was a reason why doctors should never take care of relatives and friends.
That afternoon she thought back to the whole situation, she had questions, she had responsibilities. She took the highway, put the arrow earlier than expected and found herself in front of Kelly's house.
She was in the driveway, trying to govern her children and things to unload.
"Andrea!" Kelly greeted her with joy.
"Do you need a help?"
"Oh my goodness," Kelly laughed " Yeah"
"I guess Brandon is busy, I saw him today, an exceptional thing":
"Yeah," Kelly said visibly proudly, "This morning I was furious because he had declined to come to the beach with us but then when I saw him. Ahhh when I saw, it was great:..".
Andrea smiled at her "I'm happy if things are settling down between you two"
"Yes, they are settling down" laughed Kelly "I mean, they were settling down even before, but seeing him there, i felt that all those sacrifices... Okay come to the house..."
They sat in the garden . Kelly slipped the ice into the tea glasses and served it to Andrea in the garden with the children.
The two women got lost in small talk, about how Hannah was, how the courses at the CU were going, how it had been to leave West Beverly High, and how things really went with Brandon.
Kelly felt happy.
"But I didn't ask you what I owe your visit to," Kelly asked her.
"Here," said Andrea, resting the glass on the coffee table, "I think you will hate me after my visit. I'm your friend but I'm also a doctor."
Kelly had a confused look.
"Dylan and Brenda's test results arrived this morning, I know I'm not a gynecologist but I'm taking care of it. Together with Dr. Spencer and Dr. Dawing"
"And is everything okay?"
"Brenda yes, let's say better than we thought. The problem is Dylan"
"Oh," Kelly said in a confused grimace.
"He has a sperm motility problem"
Kelly continued to follow the speech but did not really understand.
"Kelly, we're friends first of all but I need to ask you something and I need an equally honest answer, because I'm also their doctor now."
"Tell me"
"Please don't feel judged. I'm not here for this and I apologize if my question offends you, but is there any chance Sammy isn't Dylan's son?"
Kelly put the glass on the table and stared at Andrea in disbelief.