Evening lights

Those at Fox were waiting in Reynolds' office. It was just a first meeting, prepared to probe the ground of the will, of costs, to better understand the definition of the project.
Dylan and Brenda came in together. They maintained a professional attitude even though both Reynolds and those at Fox knew they were a couple and knew it from before the show.
They quickly shook hands. Raynolds did his best to do the honors, he had tea and pastry cookies brought that Fox Americans were unable to appreciate.
"Miss Walsh and Mr. McKay," Jensen began, "Fox's policy is to find new production TV format to propose. We have an idea hunter who read your script and thanks to Raynolds"the two made a sign of understanding" was able to see both theTheater rehearsals and the premiere. We realize it's pretty early, your show hasn't completed all the appointments yet, but we're confident and we don't want anyone else to move on. So we would like to stop a rights option and then consider making a TV show."
This was followed by a division of possibilities and proposals. Dylan stopped Jensen "does you mean there may be other Networks interested?"
Jensen understood the game and I try not to give to satisfaction "they could, as no one might not come, we came before the other, precisely because we believe in the project."
'Is the option reversible?' Dylan asked.
"We would have to pay an exeous penalty," Jensen replied.
"So it's pretty much irreversible," suggested Dylan, "but not for me," he whispered winking at Brenda.
She smiled. She had well understood every step and also what Dylan was trying to do. He was beautiful with his white shirt and disheveled hair. But what she liked the most was how he stuck by his side. He was fighting for her. Together with her. That was the beauty of being there at that moment: doing something together. Shoulder to shoulder.
"Mr. Jensen, can I ask a question?" Brenda asked.
"Of course, Miss Walsh."
"This format, this show, is based on real life, on real people, I was asking, is the consent of these people necessary?"
Jensen narrowed his Eyebrows to fully understand exactly what Brenda was talking about.
"I imagine you already have the consent of the people concerned."
Brenda and Dylan didn't answer, Raynolds thought of it "but certainly we have everyone's consent!".
"Ah well, but in case" Jensen said before closing the folder with the documents "it will be better to put it in writing before the conclusion of our contract, of course.. if you make the contract with us."
Raynolds cared too much about his golden egg hen to let it go like that. He was aware that there was no form of consent from anyone. In England it was not necessary. The names were fictitious. The freely inspired story, however, knew well that the Americans were fixated with bureaucratic quibbles and millionaire lawsuits for an ingrown nail.
When those of the Fox came out it was of a few words but determined.
"We have to have those signatures." Said Raynolds
"We're not necessarily going with Fox," Brenda replied.
"Miss Walsh, maybe we didn't understand each other, the signatures of the eight protagonists are necessary for anyone, even for us if we wanted to take the show somewhere else, then you two are two of the protagonists, and so there are no problem, her brother?" Raynolds asked.
"No problem, and neither could the others, maybe there may be some difficulty with one of them."
'Who?"
"The character of Kimberly who would be Kelly, my brother's girlfriend and mother of her son," he said pointing to Dylan.
Raynolds tried to imagine the connection and his dubious face made it clear to Dylan "in short, she saw the show. It wasn't an easy thing for her at the time."
"Ah I think so," Raynolds replied giggling, "well, you have to get them all signed, including Kimberly I mean Kelly, after all it's your brother's girlfriend. You are still in touch."
"Yeah," Brenda replied, she was watching Dylan.
When they left Raynolds' office, Brenda was evidently worried.
"SHe will never sign."
"Don't be dramatic Brenda."
"Of course, I finally get an opportunity and I happen to block Kelly again and you tell me not to be dramatic."
"I'm not going to argue with you."
"Neither do I" closed Brenda "has already said she will not give consent. We had a fight. What do you think she will do as soon as we show the paper to her?"
"First of all, let's try to talk to Brandon and see how the situation is. He is the person closest to her. Then we'll see."
"Damn," Brenda exclaimed, "you know Brandon. He won't get in the way. She wants to ask Kelly to live with him."
"Really?"
"Yes"
"When did he tell you?"
"When he's been here, he wants to buy back Walsh's house."
"For real?"
"Yeah, we met the owner last year. The guy who bought it from My parents. A nice guy. In short, that night Brandon left him the phone in case he wanted to sell it. And he called. But it's a secret. He is in talks, why, is that a problem for you?" Asked Brenda raising an interlocutory eyebrow.
"No, of course not," Dylan reassured her, "but my son lives there too, I thought he would tell me too."
"He told to me. And anyway he's thinking about it. He would like to. He wants to buy this house first. Maybe he'll tell you."
"Surely," he said with an unsatisfied air.
"I don't want to throw it in the middle," Brenda repeated
"Sorry but until yesterday you didn't want anything else."
"Eh I thought about it again.."
"Maybe we could call him and check ..."
"Agree," Brenda replied but couldn't smile. They gripped each other on the long way home.
London was a way of people and evening lights. There was a sparkling sunset on the bridge. Brenda and Dylan stopped to stare at him.
"I don't think I've seen a sunset more beautiful than this," she sighed. He moved a few hairs away from her that the wind had put near her mouth. Then he kissed her deeply.
Brandon was immersed in work. He had just finished a big staff meeting. He had great freedom of management that was then measured by his bosses. It was an unimaginable burden of responsibility. If something failed, the failure was only his. If something went well, the credit was on the team. And he had a good team. With Jack Miller and Stephanie Bassett his deputies, they had achieved a very good level. Jack was an old wolf of the news. It brought tremendous experience and out-of-the-ordinary management skills. Stephanie had started from the bottom, from the local news of the Arizona where she came from. A beautiful woman. Always elegant. Always a good smell. She had tried to make his way into a world that only rewarded males. Brandon remembered Susan a little. Only more curvy. And like Susan, Brandon knew full well that she wouldn't stop in front of anything: she would also sell her mother for her career. But as if to judge her, he too had given up everything for his career.
He had lunch brought to the office and asked not to be disturbed. On his desk was clearly visible the photo with Kelly of the first summer in Minnesota. Right after they got together: it was a photo that he liked a lot. It reminded him of the beginnings. The magic of things. And he had always taken it with him, on every journey, on every move. It reminded him above all what he had given up to be wherever he was at the time. And things had happened since those years and now that a new summer was coming into his life he would have wanted to make something unforgettable of it. He wanted to live with her more than anything but his fear had materialized in a dwarf second. As soon as he hinted at the matter in his head something was happening and since they had been fighting on the plane, they hadn't speak. He had returned to his work, and so did Kelly. He had tried to call her and send a few messages but she hadn't answered him. It was really ridiculous. And he also hated the lack he had of her. Three days without talking to each other. Yet they had sworn to him the night she had gone to pick him up in Washington. While they were in his old apartment. In his bed. Between his sheets. As the snow went down outside. One inside each other, tight. We will always tell each other everything and we will never go to sleep without making it clear. We have already lost too much time.
That day it was snowing, just as it snowed the night Kelly came to him, about a year before Sammy's birth. Kelly felt lost and come back to him, but Brandon had just received the assignment in Rome. That time him and Kelly spent four wonderful days in DC, knowing that their lives were separating again.
And now look.
Brandon' s phone rang and he really hoped it was her. International prefix. London.
"Hi B"
"Hello D"
"Have you a minute?"
"Yeah, I'm at work the days off I took make me all pay off. Tell me.."
"Brenda is here with me, I put the speakerphone so we can talk."
Brenda's voice peeped from behind.
"Hi Bran"
"Hey," he told her.
"How is Kelly?" Asked Dylan.
"Well, I don't Know"
"How is?"
"We haven't talked much in the last few days, we've had an airplane discussion."
Brenda and Dylan looked at each other with a disheartened look.
"Why? Because of me?" Brenda asked.
'In part and part not.'
"What is it?"
"The discussion started with that and then resulted in something else. There was something that really bothered her. But honestly now I don't want to talk about it in short, anyway I'll go to her as soon as I get off work. I don't like that we don't talk to each other. I don't like things suspended."
"Wow, how responsible you are. You know we're here anyway," Dylan said, "anything."
"Yes I know.. So, did you just call to know how I'm doing?"
'In part and part not.'
"I knew there was something under it, come on, you say."
"We talked to Fox and we don't know if we'll sign with them or not yet we'd need prior documentation."
'Like?'
"Since the characters actually existed, and in any case the whole story is freely inspired, an authorization and a renunciation of the claims by the protagonists would be needed, that is, Brian is you. Do you sign the authorization for us?"
"No problem," Brandon replied.
"We'll send you an email. Please sign. Scan and send back."
"Okay, perfect. What about the others?"
"Now we will talk but we have mentioned this via email to Steve, Andrea and David who have already given their consent. Donna I don't think she's in trouble, David thought about it."
"There's only Kelly left," Brandon said.
"Here's the problem," Dylan said.
"Guys you should talk to her, you have to solve the matter yourself," Brandon replied.
"We tried," Dylan anticipated him.
"Did she answer you?"
"SHe only answered me. With Brenda she said she didn't feel like talking."
"" and what did she tell you?"
"SHe didn't even make me talk. SHe asked me when I was coming back for Sammy. SHe wanted a date. She said she can't be comfortable with me and neither can Sammy. In short.. let's forget it."
"I understand."
"Brandon we don't ask you for anything. We planned to go back to Los Angeles and talk in person with everyone, especially Kelly, we just wanted to figure out from you if you knew anything more."
"No. Because I was so stupid that I let them spend three days barricaded inside my pride. However, I was going to pass by her later. To solve things between us."
"Bran is really important," Brenda told him.
"I guess, but first I have to sort things out with her which is important to me."
"Yes, that's right," Brenda said.
The phone call ended. Brenda and Dylan looked at each other.
"I don't know, it's a hope anyway," he said.
"I don't like to involve my brother," Brenda replied, "we hope things don't get worse because of us."
"Yeah," Dylan said, "JT is waiting for us for dinner."
Brenda looked at him with a mischievous look.
"What?"
"Nothing, promise me you'll never make days go by without talking to me," he said, touching his chest under his shirt.
"Promise," he said.
"Do I help you choose what to put on?" Brenda asked.
"Help me choose what to take off," he replied, kissing her.
A character is about to come back, she is single, she has a daughter, she will have a surprise love, and she will be decisive...Guess Who?